I

Ivan Medina

Why are Woolworths shoppers obsessed with this $22 product that sells out immediately at Kmart?

Self-tanning products have become popular in many Australian women's beauty routines, providing a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects of UV rays. And when it comes to the self-tanning favourites, Kmart's range from b.tan takes the crown.

The clear tanning gel by b.tan has amassed a following for its ability to provide natural-looking, streak-free colour that develops in under an hour. But with the frenzy over this product, it's become near impossible for shoppers to get their hands on it – the b.tan range sells out almost immediately from Kmart's shelves and online store.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 075756.png
Woolworths shoppers are obsessed with this self-tanning solution! Image: Tiktok / @chrispodolyan

Salvation for self-tan devotees has come in the form of Woolworths stocking its own range of b.tan products. Available in 'Darkest' and 'Insanely Dark' shades for just $22, the products promise to deliver the same flawless, bronzed results as the original b.tan range.

So what's behind the formula that has beauty lovers excited? The clear gel means no orange palms or messy application process. The scent is a tropical cocktail of coconut, vanilla and pineapple – aka summer in a bottle. And the colour payoff is great – just ask Christina Podolyan, a social media influencer who shared her glowing review after testing out the Woolies version.

'I went absolutely rogue and stocked up on that many things,' Christina confessed in a video that's drawn over 340k views. 'It smells so nice...I just covered every square inch of my body.' The results speak for themselves – Christina emerged with a golden glow. 'Why do I look like I've just come back from the Bahamas? This is a better tan than I had coming back from Europe after six weeks,' she explained.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 075810.png
Christina posted a before and after shot following her review of the in demand product. Image: Tiktok / @chrispodolyan

The comment section was quickly flooded with b.tan fans confirming the Woolies product delivers. 'This is the best tan, lasts forever and is so nourishing, no cracking skin feeling,' one fan declared.

Self-tanning lotions, sprays, and gels have become ever-popular beauty tools, but the magic behind these products might not be common knowledge. Self-tanning products work by interacting with the very top layer of your skin, thanks to an active ingredient known as Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). The DHA then reacts with the amino acids that are present in the top layer of the skin to create a series of ever-deepening brown pigments called melanoidins.

This process doesn’t require any UV radiation, so there's no risk of harmful sun damage or that dreaded sunburn. Plus, the reaction starts to occur within a few hours of applying the self-tanner, giving you that instant ‘just-returned-from Bali’ glow.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths shoppers are praising the b.tan tanning range that often sells out at Kmart.
  • Christina Podolyan, a Melbourne customer, shared a positive review of the product in a now-viral video.
  • The video, which has been viewed over 340,000 times, demonstrates the effectiveness of the clear self-tanning range in the 'insanely dark' shade.
  • Many viewers confirmed that it's the best self-tanning product they've used and others expressed eagerness to try it.

So whether you're a self-tanning professional or want to dip your toes in for the first time, the Woolies b.tan range promises bronzed perfection. Just remember to exfoliate first, use a tanning mitt for application and moisturise afterwards to maximise results. Have you tried the Woolworths b.tan range? Share your tips and experience with us below!

Is this a different Tan being sold at two different companies or the same one? Woolworths and Kmart are different companies

I tried fake tan years ago, but I have very pale skin with lots of brown spots. The fake tan made the brown spots super dark which looked terrible, plus it went all blotchy around my knees and ankles. Ever since I have been quite content with my natural pale skin!

Self-tanning products have become popular in many Australian women's beauty routines, providing a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects of UV rays. And when it comes to the self-tanning favourites, Kmart's range from b.tan takes the crown.

The clear tanning gel by b.tan has amassed a following for its ability to provide natural-looking, streak-free colour that develops in under an hour. But with the frenzy over this product, it's become near impossible for shoppers to get their hands on it – the b.tan range sells out almost immediately from Kmart's shelves and online store.

View attachment 34620
Woolworths shoppers are obsessed with this self-tanning solution! Image: Tiktok / @chrispodolyan

Salvation for self-tan devotees has come in the form of Woolworths stocking its own range of b.tan products. Available in 'Darkest' and 'Insanely Dark' shades for just $22, the products promise to deliver the same flawless, bronzed results as the original b.tan range.

So what's behind the formula that has beauty lovers excited? The clear gel means no orange palms or messy application process. The scent is a tropical cocktail of coconut, vanilla and pineapple – aka summer in a bottle. And the colour payoff is great – just ask Christina Podolyan, a social media influencer who shared her glowing review after testing out the Woolies version.

'I went absolutely rogue and stocked up on that many things,' Christina confessed in a video that's drawn over 340k views. 'It smells so nice...I just covered every square inch of my body.' The results speak for themselves – Christina emerged with a golden glow. 'Why do I look like I've just come back from the Bahamas? This is a better tan than I had coming back from Europe after six weeks,' she explained.

View attachment 34621
Christina posted a before and after shot following her review of the in demand product. Image: Tiktok / @chrispodolyan

The comment section was quickly flooded with b.tan fans confirming the Woolies product delivers. 'This is the best tan, lasts forever and is so nourishing, no cracking skin feeling,' one fan declared.

Self-tanning lotions, sprays, and gels have become ever-popular beauty tools, but the magic behind these products might not be common knowledge. Self-tanning products work by interacting with the very top layer of your skin, thanks to an active ingredient known as Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). The DHA then reacts with the amino acids that are present in the top layer of the skin to create a series of ever-deepening brown pigments called melanoidins.

This process doesn’t require any UV radiation, so there's no risk of harmful sun damage or that dreaded sunburn. Plus, the reaction starts to occur within a few hours of applying the self-tanner, giving you that instant ‘just-returned-from Bali’ glow.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths shoppers are praising the b.tan tanning range that often sells out at Kmart.
  • Christina Podolyan, a Melbourne customer, shared a positive review of the product in a now-viral video.
  • The video, which has been viewed over 340,000 times, demonstrates the effectiveness of the clear self-tanning range in the 'insanely dark' shade.
  • Many viewers confirmed that it's the best self-tanning product they've used and others expressed eagerness to try it.

So whether you're a self-tanning professional or want to dip your toes in for the first time, the Woolies b.tan range promises bronzed perfection. Just remember to exfoliate first, use a tanning mitt for application and moisturise afterwards to maximise results. Have you tried the Woolworths b.tan range? Share your tips and experience with us below!
I'm getting some