We had a registered Border Collie who passed nearly 12 months ago after 11 years. He had a few issues from a young age until he died but he was a family member to us.
We called him Aussie. His full registered name was Little Aussie Battler.

We had a female black Labrador called Sheba after a few years she had cancer in her teats, we had her treated but later on it came back again and the vet recommend she be put down, I will never forget the look in her eyes when she went through the door for the last time, she had sensed what was going to happen and she was saying her last goodbye.

Dennis R's Morning Pun. What starts with an''E'', ends with an "E'', and only has one letter in it? An envelope.

We had a female black Labrador called Sheba after a few years she had cancer in her teats, we had her treated but later on it came back again and the vet recommend she be put down, I will never forget the look in her eyes when she went through the door for the last time, she had sensed what was going to happen and she was saying her last goodbye.

Dennis R's Morning Pun. What starts with an''E'', ends with an "E'', and only has one letter in it? An envelope.
Very good & clever

Reactions: Littleboy8
I had a cat named after my once fave show Buffy the vampire slayer - i called her Buffy the cockroach slayer as she would slay any roach she saw! But really she was called mostly Buff or Buffy. Except when she ran like a mad cat and stopped like a toreador she was called Toro. Or when she ran like a flash she was called Lightning! Other nicknames were Buffstar, Buffalo and even Ruff Buff (that one when she got a little rough with play from over excitement!) For a free, short hair Tuxedo Moggy she was the prettiest out of her litter of three (the other 2 were never mind 43 beans these two were 104 beans of mottle and snooty cats - nothing like my girl who was sweet and mostly placid). Buff even used to catch flies between her front paws and slay them too. She would lap up attention and hop under the covers in bed all year round and snuggle up. Miss her every hour of the day and night. she lived to be 16 and a half before her kidneys gave out and i had the most difficult heartbreaking decision to let her go to release her from pain.
Unlike the $5 Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest pet shop find Calico & white 15kg of pure muscle (NOT FAT) persian we had til Buff was 7 (who also departed the way Buff did with arthritus and slight brain damage from surviving heat stroke - that also contributed to early departure - She was WELL looked after - just rather unsociable in summer and would hide - hence was found after we returned from work that day and rushed to vet after cooling her down by then the vet said we'd done all he would have and to keep an eye on her. SO BEWARE OF KEEPING PETS COOL INDOORS OR OUTSIDE IN SUMMER OR THE HEAT WILL GET THEM) She was Tammy but her nicknames ranged from BamBam, Tammo, Tam Tam, Tim Tam, Tambo, Tamara (which was NOT her name) and even disgustingly by one member of the family as Tampon (which the rest of us used to go right off at the family member who used to call her that one and he thought it was funny!)

• Love
Reactions: Observer
We had a dog which we found had cancer behind its eyes that had penetrated to his brain.
The afternoon before he was euthenased Sport was seen out at the fish pond looking down & apparently saying good-bye to the oldest fish in the pond nicknamed Granny because she was the matriarch. Granny died a few weeks later.
[Sport now occupies an urn on our t.v. cabinet & Granny was placed in a coffin made of ceramic tiles & buried in the garden under the waterfall].

• Sad
Reactions: Observer