SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2023?

Hey members! :)

Happy New Year! 🥂I hope you all had a chance to relax and refresh over the holiday break and are ready to make the most of this new year!

I’m sure many of you have already set your New Year’s resolutions. If you’re still thinking about it, now is a great time to reflect on the things you’d like to accomplish or improve upon in the next 12 months.

To get the ball rolling, I’ll go first. This year, my resolution is to start a habit of reading 5 pages of a book every day. I know it’s not a huge commitment, but I believe that even small daily habits can make a big difference in the long run.

Now it’s your turn! What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2023? Share them with the community and let’s support and encourage each other as we work towards achieving our goals.

We can’t wait to hear what you have in store for this year! ;)

To find some day or short trips to go on by bus. Can anyone recommend a company in NSW?
Firstly, we would need a location where you would prefer to travel ... Maybe a tour to the Jenolan caves would be a great day out..The Idea is great and keeping the mind active will help to reduce ageing of the brain and body.. Looking forward to hearing more from you

Firstly, we would need a location where you would prefer to travel ... Maybe a tour to the Jenolan caves would be a great day out..The Idea is great and keeping the mind active will help to reduce ageing of the brain and body.. Looking forward to hearing more from you

Jenolan Caves now there’s an idea. Was hoping for inspiration from others!

Jenolan Caves now there’s an idea. Was hoping for inspiration from others!
We don't hear much mention of the Jenolan Cave nowadays but I have been there and it is a wonderful day outing .. Well, it was when I was there in the 80s.. I expect it would be as good or better these days.. If you are near Canberra I can make a huge lot of day trip ideas ..

I have alot of goals this year.

1, to get my mind healthy

2. To try and eat healthy , since mid 2020 I havent been able to tolerate any meat of any kind .

3. Go for a daily work

We have a big year with two of my daughters getting Married , one in June the other in October , that also means two bridal showers and two hens nights which will be 2 x weekends away with daughters and only closest friends , aunts ect

Happy New Year! 🥂I hope you all had a chance to relax and refresh over the holiday break and are ready to make the most of this new year!

I’m sure many of you have already set your New Year’s resolutions. If you’re still thinking about it, now is a great time to reflect on the things you’d like to accomplish or improve upon in the next 12 months.

To get the ball rolling, I’ll go first. This year, my resolution is to start a habit of reading 5 pages of a book every day. I know it’s not a huge commitment, but I believe that even small daily habits can make a big difference in the long run.

Now it’s your turn! What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2023? Share them with the community and let’s support and encourage each other as we work towards achieving our goals.

My goal, apart from the usual lose weight, etc. is to write a Haiku every day. Not very good so far but I'm hoping I'll improve.

We don't hear much mention of the Jenolan Cave nowadays but I have been there and it is a wonderful day outing .. Well, it was when I was there in the 80s.. I expect it would be as good or better these days.. If you are near Canberra I can make a huge lot of day trip ideas ..
Yes near Canberra. Suggest away!🙏

I like to keep my blood sugar within normal range and to go off some of the medications. Next to get my weight down and to increase my activities!! Have been very laidback for too long a time. Started walking the last couple of months. My daughter and granddaughters bought me a Fitbit for Christmas and that has been my motivation. My main aim is to be healthy and to smell the roses.

Reactions: PattiB and Lizzylou
I would like to get out and take a walk along the top of the beach. I have had both knees replaced now and although still in post op with my left knee I should be able to do that early Feb once I have the all clear. I have missed being able to do that. :)

Just found out yesterday that my daughter is expecting her first child, so I think I will be doing a lot of baby shopping.

Due to Covid our little volunteer charity school in a Balinese village had to close and the landowner took possession of our buildings - a classroom and recycling centre. Now we must start all over again. My resolution is to try and get enough donations for us to find another site in the village and get our school for poor children unable to attend Government School up and running. I am going back to Bali next month and although 79 years of age and just on a pension I am determined to get it going again even if in temporary accommodation. I have some wonderful Balinese friends who will work their hearts out. I am now unable to run the big fundraising evets here in Australia that I could do before Covid and disability struck. However I must try because our little school was such a joy and doing such wonderful work to give the children an education. My resolution is to make a difference once again.

Attachments

• Samuh Tunas Harapan.jpg
    Samuh Tunas Harapan.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: PattiB