SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What are you grateful for today?

Hi, dear members! We've done this exercise a few times before, but it's never a bad idea to count our blessings every once in a while, right? :)

Today, I'm grateful for the lovely SDC team who has brought out the best in me. I'm not going to lie, there are times when work starts to feel overwhelming, I am only human after all, but knowing that I have lovely co-workers who believe in me, empower me, and can also call my good friends, makes a huge difference. It's incredibly rare to land your dream job AND work with amazing people, but I have both. And I feel incredibly lucky for that!

compressed-annie-spratt-6Aj3eKsng8c-unsplash.jpeg
Source: Unsplash

How about you? If you have some time, share some of the things you're grateful for today with us in the comments!

Grateful for the internet in the past few years I have found old nursing colleagues and other friends, and have been able to catch up with everyone I had lost touch with many years ago. Still while I'm able to get around and see people. Grateful that I had met all these wonderful people and that they haven;'t changed.

Hi, dear members! We've done this exercise a few times before, but it's never a bad idea to count our blessings every once in a while, right? :)

Today, I'm grateful for the lovely SDC team who has brought out the best in me. I'm not going to lie, there are times when work starts to feel overwhelming, I am only human after all, but knowing that I have lovely co-workers who believe in me, empower me, and can also call my good friends, makes a huge difference. It's incredibly rare to land your dream job AND work with amazing people, but I have both. And I feel incredibly lucky for that!

View attachment 20293d!

How about you? If you have some time, share some of the things you're grateful for today with us in the comments!
Applied for a for a part time local job weeks ago and had a positive response this afternoon and have a job interview on Wednesday. I was very honest and told the man that I am 65 and have not worked for 3 years. My eldest son said I should not have shared this information before I was asked?
I'm grateful for the opportunity.

That l can do what l can do...
Some things aren't as easy to do as they used to be but I'm not as young as I used to be either.
I am also thankful for those things I have and all the things I don't.... because, obviously, those things aren't meant to be in my life

I am grateful to have reached the age I am, so many of my female relatives have passed away from cancer at much younger ages than I am, including my mum and older sister. I am also grateful that I married such a wonderful man and that we have had almost 50 years of loving each other, 49 of them married. I am grateful to be part of a large loving family, including my two kids, their partners and my grandkids. Life really has been kind.

My mother died when I was 16, and my father three years later. At every milestone birthday of myself or my loved ones I give grateful thanks that I have seen all my children and one of my grandsons grow up. The other grandson is younger, and there’s another on the way. I feel blessed.

My mother died when I was 16, and my father three years later. At every milestone birthday of myself or my loved ones I give grateful thanks that I have seen all my children and one of my grandsons grow up. The other grandson is younger, and there’s another on the way. I feel blessed.
You are so strong and brave. This made me tear up. I'm extending my virtual hugs to you, @Thecheesequeen!

Since we're all talking about gratefulness, I just wanted to take a moment to express how much the team values each and every one of you who participates in the forum. Your contributions and insights make this community so special, and we wouldn't be here without you. We are so grateful for all your hard work and for being such an important part of our community. Thank you for everything you do --- we appreciate you more than words can say!

View attachment 20293

Hi yes the reasoning behind allowing me to awaken the next day and continue the daily privilege of helping maintain our local Botanic gardens but it’s more that that it’s that vital mental, physical and social connection through a great band of committed volunteers the massive friendship network that’s evolved The capability to engage with both regular and new visitors That daily challenge to open new conversation Yes dam grateful I’m been able to do it and to 🙏🏻 keep it going

Hi yes the reasoning behind allowing me to awaken the next day and continue the daily privilege of helping maintain our local Botanic gardens but it’s more that that it’s that vital mental, physical and social connection through a great band of committed volunteers the massive friendship network that’s evolved The capability to engage with both regular and new visitors That daily challenge to open new conversation Yes dam grateful I’m been able to do it and to 🙏🏻 keep it going

Pretty simple really I’m still allowed do the things that keep the mind n body active therefor maintaining the status quo. Freedom in part is a great tool to be the enabler to continue this daily gift