SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
What are some things that YOU do to help a loved one going through a rough patch?

My lovely partner’s mum is currently undergoing medical examinations, and he has been struggling to cope with how uncertain things are for him and his family. One of the most gruelling parts when it comes to these things has to be the wait. Will the results turn out okay? What's the next step? Is it something serious? Everything is a blur right now, and I can't imagine how he feels, especially knowing that nothing at the moment is within anyone's control.

national-cancer-institute-BxXgTQEw1M4-unsplash.jpg
Source: Unsplash

I’ve been trying my best to support him in every way I can. However, I couldn’t help but wonder, what are some things that YOU do to help a loved one going through a rough patch? Share your tips with me in the forum, and I’ll definitely give them a go.

1690174469894.png

"Today was a Difficult Day," said Pooh.
There was a pause.
"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Piglet.
"No," said Pooh after a bit. "No, I don't think I do."
"That's okay," said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.
"What are you doing?" asked Pooh.
"Nothing, really," said Piglet. "Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don't feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.
"But goodness," continued Piglet, "Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you've got someone there for you. And I'll always be here for you, Pooh."
And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs...he thought that his best friend had never been more right."
A.A. Milne
Sending thoughts to those having a Difficult Day today and hope you have your own Piglet to sit beside you
🧡

What are some things that YOU do to help a loved one going through a rough patch?

My lovely partner’s mum is currently undergoing medical examinations, and he has been struggling to cope with how uncertain things are for him and his family. One of the most gruelling parts when it comes to these things has to be the wait. Will the results turn out okay? What's the next step? Is it something serious? Everything is a blur right now, and I can't imagine how he feels, especially knowing that nothing at the moment is within anyone's control.

View attachment 25735

I’ve been trying my best to support him in every way I can. However, I couldn’t help but wonder, what are some things that YOU do to help a loved one going through a rough patch? Share your tips with me in the forum, and I’ll definitely give them a go.
All i can do is be there all the way even to the last moment of breath.
It's very saddening to say goodbye knowing you'll never see them again.
Be strong let them know there's beautiful angles waiting for them

Sethia - just be there for him, no matter what it takes nor the outcome, he will always remember that you were there supporting him, through your efforts to understand what he is going through, even if it is just making a cup of tea or going out with him for a walk so he feels you care, ‘cos you do 🩵if he wants to talk let him but let him bring up the conversation, be patient and just be there for him - 🐸🍀😏💜 Shoggle

Loving listening, caring help, and talking with each other if desired should help.

Just be the interested listener, the smiley face, the giver of hugs, and always remember that grief is the price we pay for love.

Reactions: Go Cats

View attachment 25735

Simply be there for them and sit and listen. They often just need to express how they feel without interruption. None of this I know how you feel etc. Just listen.

Reactions: Go Cats
You can't do anything. Just be there and listen to fears, hopes and where necessary share a tear. A hug comes in handy too.
Be positive.
God bless you.

All i can do is be there all the way even to the last moment of breath.
It's very saddening to say goodbye knowing you'll never see them again.
Be strong let them know there's beautiful angles waiting for them
In my opinion, you will see them again and the Angels will assist.

Just listen.
At the right time in conversation ask questions beginning with What, when, where, why and who
And if you listen long enough you will hear your friend answer their own question. Then just smile.

Just be there and let them know you are.
Tell them you love them.

I think tge worst thing to say is its goung to be ok , unless you know it is .

I have a very close friend who lost her husband 6 weeks ago.
She doesn't want to talk about it and she said she knows she is in denial .
She still hasnt cried even at his funeral 2 weeks ago.
She won't even open the letter saying what he passed from.
He took a nap after work and never woke up.
I've told her I'm here even if it's in the middle of the night .

So let them know you are there and how much you care .