TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Wedding guest wears a floor-length white gown to ceremony, is blasted as 'tacky and disrespectful'

Wedding guest wears a floor-length white gown to ceremony, is blasted as 'tacky and disrespectful
What are the unspoken rules when it comes to weddings? First of all, don’t bring an uninvited plus one. The couple might have had specific arrangements made given everything that needs to be prepared, from venue to catering, and an additional guest would cost them more. Put your phone on silent mode as any sounds may disrupt the ceremony. Don’t post photos of the bride without their permission. It’s their big day, and they would want to have control over what is and isn’t published online.

But the painfully obvious unspoken rule here standing at number one: DO NOT WEAR WHITE TO A WEDDING!

Thousands have called a wedding guest "embarrassing" and "disrespectful" for attending a wedding in a long lace white gown.

One of the guests posted a covert photo of the bold woman on Reddit with the simple title 'She was NOT the bride,' which sparked a slew of angry comments from individuals offended by her 'rude' outfit choice.

T3sSf6ISoGTBzqzkAaIvU0W4elvXMis_T_sQ15m_p1L1Ufyt0mdlVc6z_UIZTCbh0XscFpPUTLY507ewL2zhEAjCarZBpjan2pWweY3lW2xH1DZz6sfhC6WSZHQDZrtKG-Rl6SL8vfWkqgQPdA

Source: Daily Mail

Many criticised the woman and suggested the Redditor spilled red wine on the outfit on purpose, while others chuckled at her 'audacity.'

‘It's tacky and disrespectful enough to wear white but a wedding dress to someone else's wedding? Nah, I would have kicked her out the moment I saw her. No one needs that toxicity in their lives,’ one Redditor commented.

‘Hopefully, the bride was a knockout, and everyone noticed how bad this lady looked in comparison,’ added another.

‘This is when a known klutz with red wine comes in handy,’ one of the users said.

You don't have to bother spilling wine on these people. They've already made a complete a** out of themselves. Everyone will remember no one will think bad of the bride,’ another said.

While the picture lacked context, some people assumed that the person in the photo was probably the bride or groom’s mother-in-law.

‘I bet she's the mother of the groom,’ the user said, while another added, ‘Let me guess, mother in law?’

Others then shared their accounts of having guests wearing inappropriate wedding outfits.

‘My husband's mother wore black to our wedding because she doesn't like me. Not nearly as egregious, but there's something about grooms' mothers…’ one Redditor commented.

‘My wedding dress was a champagne/pink colour, and my MIL insisted on wearing the same shade as it was 'the only colour she looked good in,’ a second added.

What do you think? Do you think this lady looked absolutely appalling dressed like this to a wedding? Tell us all about it in the comments!

While you’re at it, check out this video to learn about all the do’s and don’ts when attending a wedding!

How precious are people these days - why are you even looking to see who is wearing what - build a bridge. As for the MIL & MOG comments - grow up ladies - I'll bet you are the first to look to grandmother (MIL or MOG) to look after your spoilt brats because you need to get your nails done!!

Reactions: Kayer02 and Ricci
Wedding guest wears a floor-length white gown to ceremony, is blasted as 'tacky and disrespectful
What are the unspoken rules when it comes to weddings? First of all, don’t bring an uninvited plus one. The couple might have had specific arrangements made given everything that needs to be prepared, from venue to catering, and an additional guest would cost them more. Put your phone on silent mode as any sounds may disrupt the ceremony. Don’t post photos of the bride without their permission. It’s their big day, and they would want to have control over what is and isn’t published online.

But the painfully obvious unspoken rule here standing at number one: DO NOT WEAR WHITE TO A WEDDING!

Thousands have called a wedding guest "embarrassing" and "disrespectful" for attending a wedding in a long lace white gown.

One of the guests posted a covert photo of the bold woman on Reddit with the simple title 'She was NOT the bride,' which sparked a slew of angry comments from individuals offended by her 'rude' outfit choice.

T3sSf6ISoGTBzqzkAaIvU0W4elvXMis_T_sQ15m_p1L1Ufyt0mdlVc6z_UIZTCbh0XscFpPUTLY507ewL2zhEAjCarZBpjan2pWweY3lW2xH1DZz6sfhC6WSZHQDZrtKG-Rl6SL8vfWkqgQPdA

Source: Daily Mail

Many criticised the woman and suggested the Redditor spilled red wine on the outfit on purpose, while others chuckled at her 'audacity.'

‘It's tacky and disrespectful enough to wear white but a wedding dress to someone else's wedding? Nah, I would have kicked her out the moment I saw her. No one needs that toxicity in their lives,’ one Redditor commented.

‘Hopefully, the bride was a knockout, and everyone noticed how bad this lady looked in comparison,’ added another.

‘This is when a known klutz with red wine comes in handy,’ one of the users said.

You don't have to bother spilling wine on these people. They've already made a complete a** out of themselves. Everyone will remember no one will think bad of the bride,’ another said.

While the picture lacked context, some people assumed that the person in the photo was probably the bride or groom’s mother-in-law.

‘I bet she's the mother of the groom,’ the user said, while another added, ‘Let me guess, mother in law?’

Others then shared their accounts of having guests wearing inappropriate wedding outfits.

‘My husband's mother wore black to our wedding because she doesn't like me. Not nearly as egregious, but there's something about grooms' mothers…’ one Redditor commented.

‘My wedding dress was a champagne/pink colour, and my MIL insisted on wearing the same shade as it was 'the only colour she looked good in,’ a second added.

What do you think? Do you think this lady looked absolutely appalling dressed like this to a wedding? Tell us all about it in the comments!

While you’re at it, check out this video to learn about all the do’s and don’ts when attending a wedding!