Want to save money on your next trip? This clever trick lets you bring more clothes on a plane for free!

The thrill of travel often comes with the dread of packing. How do you fit everything you need into a suitcase without exceeding the airline's weight limit? And how do you avoid those hefty excess baggage fees?

If you have this problem, this article is for you! A savvy traveller named Harmony Miller has found a solution that's as simple as it is ingenious.

In a video that has since gone viral, Harmony revealed her secret: a pillowcase. Not just any pillowcase, but one stuffed to the brim with clothes.

The footage showed Harmony casually strolling through the airport, hugging her 'pillow' close to her chest, and boarding her flight without a hitch.

photo (46).jpg
Harmony Miller shared a trick that could help travellers avoid paying extra baggage fees. Credit: @harmonymillerr/TikTok

'So the airport pillow hack actually works,' she declared in the video, which has been viewed over 830,000 times. 'Saved myself [$267].'

Once she arrived at her hotel, Harmony emptied the pillowcase to reveal a mountain of clothes she had brought on board without paying a penny in extra baggage fees.

The trick, it seems, is to use a separate white pillowcase to disguise the clothes hidden inside the cushion.

The response to Harmony's video has been overwhelmingly positive, with many viewers confirming the effectiveness of the pillowcase trick.

'I can confirm it does work. I've done it multiple times,' one viewer commented.

Another added, 'Nice suggestion. I have to travel after four days and was worried about my luggage a lot.'

A third one shared: ‘I did this, and the security asked me, “Why is your pillow so heavy?”’

You can watch Harmony’s video here:

But she’s not the first to try this ‘genius’ trick. Last year, seasoned traveller Chelsea Dickenson used a similar method to bring extra items on board.

She removed the memory foam from a neck pillow and stuffed the pillowcase with clothes, freeing up more room in her carry-on luggage.

'I've stuffed my neck pillow full of my (clothes), so I don't have to pay for extra luggage,' she said in a video. 'Look how chock-a-full that is. I tightened it up, [and] we are good to go.'

While waiting at the boarding gate, Chelsea admitted she was worried she might get caught smuggling extra clothes.

But when she handed her ticket to a flight attendant, she was only asked to 'lower' her mask to prove her identity. 'I've [...] done it. I got through, you have to try this,' Chelsea said excitedly.

Chelsea demonstrated her packing trick in this video:

Former flight attendant Kat Kamalani also endorsed the pillowcase trick, saying it's a game-changer for avoiding overweight baggage fees. She suggested bringing an extra pillowcase in the baggage during a holiday.

'If your bags are overweight, you can stack your pillowcase full of clothes and use it as a pillow on the aircraft,' she advised.

While this trick seems effective, it's important to note that this may not work with all airlines. Some carriers have strict rules about the size and number of personal items passengers can bring on board. It's always a good idea to check the airline's baggage policy before trying this trick.

Additionally, travellers should be mindful of security checks at the airport. If a security officer decides to inspect your 'pillow', you may have to unpack and repack your clothes in front of everyone.

Despite these potential drawbacks, the pillowcase hack is a creative solution for travellers looking to save money on baggage fees. Consider bringing an extra pillowcase next time you're packing for a trip. You never know when it might come in handy!

Key Takeaways
  • Harmony Miller, a traveller, demonstrated a method for sneaking extra clothes on a flight without paying additional baggage fees.
  • Harmony packed her additional clothes into a separate pillowcase, which she carried casually as a cushion in the airport and onboard the plane.
  • The video of the trick has garnered over 830,000 views, with many viewers verifying that the method works and others expressing interest in trying it out.
  • Last year, seasoned traveller Chelsea Dickenson used a neck pillow to bring extra clothes on board.
  • Former flight attendant Kat Kamalani also suggested that travellers should always pack an extra pillowcase as this trick can save them from fees for overweight bags.

What do you think of this clever travel technique, members? Have you tried it, or would you consider giving it a go? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.

• Love
Reactions: Agave
Sponsored
Just don’t take so much stuff with you, it’s easy. We did a 3 week holiday recently with hand luggage only and no cheating 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: KaraJenna
Lug a heavy pillow? And manage usual carryons? With a walking stick? Nah, I manage very well without a mountain of clothes!
Incidentally this has been done for more years these influencers have been alive, along with the wearing of more than one outfits and stuffing extra pockets! We may be older but we have ways and means to manage, and without bragging about it!

Reactions: Jest
The thrill of travel often comes with the dread of packing. How do you fit everything you need into a suitcase without exceeding the airline's weight limit? And how do you avoid those hefty excess baggage fees?

If you have this problem, this article is for you! A savvy traveller named Harmony Miller has found a solution that's as simple as it is ingenious.

In a video that has since gone viral, Harmony revealed her secret: a pillowcase. Not just any pillowcase, but one stuffed to the brim with clothes.

The footage showed Harmony casually strolling through the airport, hugging her 'pillow' close to her chest, and boarding her flight without a hitch.

View attachment 35341
Harmony Miller shared a trick that could help travellers avoid paying extra baggage fees. Credit: @harmonymillerr/TikTok

'So the airport pillow hack actually works,' she declared in the video, which has been viewed over 830,000 times. 'Saved myself [$267].'

Once she arrived at her hotel, Harmony emptied the pillowcase to reveal a mountain of clothes she had brought on board without paying a penny in extra baggage fees.

The trick, it seems, is to use a separate white pillowcase to disguise the clothes hidden inside the cushion.

The response to Harmony's video has been overwhelmingly positive, with many viewers confirming the effectiveness of the pillowcase trick.

'I can confirm it does work. I've done it multiple times,' one viewer commented.

Another added, 'Nice suggestion. I have to travel after four days and was worried about my luggage a lot.'

A third one shared: ‘I did this, and the security asked me, “Why is your pillow so heavy?”’

But she’s not the first to try this ‘genius’ trick. Last year, seasoned traveller Chelsea Dickenson used a similar method to bring extra items on board.

She removed the memory foam from a neck pillow and stuffed the pillowcase with clothes, freeing up more room in her carry-on luggage.

'I've stuffed my neck pillow full of my (clothes), so I don't have to pay for extra luggage,' she said in a video. 'Look how chock-a-full that is. I tightened it up, [and] we are good to go.'

While waiting at the boarding gate, Chelsea admitted she was worried she might get caught smuggling extra clothes.

But when she handed her ticket to a flight attendant, she was only asked to 'lower' her mask to prove her identity. 'I've [...] done it. I got through, you have to try this,' Chelsea said excitedly.

Former flight attendant Kat Kamalani also endorsed the pillowcase trick, saying it's a game-changer for avoiding overweight baggage fees. She suggested bringing an extra pillowcase in the baggage during a holiday.

'If your bags are overweight, you can stack your pillowcase full of clothes and use it as a pillow on the aircraft,' she advised.

While this trick seems effective, it's important to note that this may not work with all airlines. Some carriers have strict rules about the size and number of personal items passengers can bring on board. It's always a good idea to check the airline's baggage policy before trying this trick.

Additionally, travellers should be mindful of security checks at the airport. If a security officer decides to inspect your 'pillow', you may have to unpack and repack your clothes in front of everyone.

Despite these potential drawbacks, the pillowcase hack is a creative solution for travellers looking to save money on baggage fees. Consider bringing an extra pillowcase next time you're packing for a trip. You never know when it might come in handy!

Key Takeaways

• Harmony Miller, a traveller, demonstrated a method for sneaking extra clothes on a flight without paying additional baggage fees.
  • Harmony packed her additional clothes into a separate pillowcase, which she carried casually as a cushion in the airport and onboard the plane.
  • The video of the trick has garnered over 830,000 views, with many viewers verifying that the method works and others expressing interest in trying it out.
  • Last year, seasoned traveller Chelsea Dickenson used a neck pillow to bring extra clothes on board.
  • Former flight attendant Kat Kamalani also suggested that travellers should always pack an extra pillowcase as this trick can save them from fees for overweight bags.

What do you think of this clever travel technique, members? Have you tried it, or would you consider giving it a go? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.

good grief, i mentioned this some time back as i have done it for ages, BUT someone on this site berated me for kind of stealing. to that person i say get a life. trouble is now the airlines will be aware due to this person spouting loud and clear.

View attachment 35341

Key Takeaways

What is with people that go on holiday and have to take 3/4 qtrs. of their belongings, be cheaper to stay home. I thought one of the delights of holidays was buying new cloths?