Upgrade your kitchen with this $29 Kmart item

Kmart remains a popular option for shoppers seeking affordable products. This year, the discount retailer offers a range of innovative and functional items that keep customers excited.

One such item that's currently creating a buzz among shoppers is the Bamboo Cutting Board With Storage, priced at $29.

This versatile item first caught the attention of shoppers when Niki Lattimore, a member of a social media group, shared a picture of how she had ingeniously integrated the ensemble into her home.

Ms Lattimore transformed the wooden unit into an organised coffee station, placing a coffee machine and six mugs on top and filling the three storage drawers below with coffee capsules, tea bags, sugar, and instant mocha sachets.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 094639.png
Niki Lattimore shared how she used the $29 Kmart item in her kitchen. Image source: Niki Lattimore/Facebook Group Kmart Hacks & Decor

'I am liking the new bamboo cutting board with storage drawers as a coffee station,' Ms Lattimore captioned the post.

It quickly gained traction, receiving almost a thousand likes and over a hundred comments within a few days.

Fellow group members were quick to express their admiration for Niki’s creative tip.

'You, ma'am, are a genius,' one person simply wrote.

Another person said: 'Running to Kmart.'

A third person even mentioned the Kmart unit tops the more expensive one they recently purchased from the popular online marketplace, Amazon.

The Bamboo Cutting Board with Storage is not just a cutting board; it's a multi-functional kitchen accessory.

It features two different attachments for grating or slicing directly into one of the four storage containers.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 095006.png
Bamboo Cutting Board with Storage, $29. Image source: Kmart

Ms Lattimore cleverly covered up these attachments with a lid from one of the containers to create a smooth surface for her coffee station.

However, other group members suggested innovative ways to incorporate the grater slots into the coffee station.

'If you removed a row of mugs and took out the bit where the grater goes, you could use it as a small bin for the used capsules,' one creative member suggested.

Another person proposed that the feature could be used to create a savvy composting system for tea bags or small bits of rubbish.

But the versatility of this budget-friendly item doesn't stop in the kitchen. It can be integrated into practically any room in your home.

For instance, it can be used in your home office as a stationery holder and laptop stand, or in the laundry room for storing pegs and detergent.

So, whether you're a coffee or tea lover looking to organise your morning cuppa essentials or simply someone seeking a versatile and affordable storage solution, this $29 Kmart product is worth checking out.

Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers expressed excitement about the $29 Bamboo Cutting Board With Storage, using it to create organised coffee stations at home.
  • The item's popularity surged after a shopper posted pictures of her innovative use of the board, receiving hundreds of likes and comments.
  • Apart from its primary use as a cutting board with grating or slicing attachments, the item is versatile enough to be used in many areas of the home.
  • Creative suggestions from group members included using part of the cutting board as a small bin for used coffee capsules or a composting area for tea bags and other small kitchen waste.

What do you think of this Kmart find, members? Have you discovered any other budget-friendly items recently? Share your thoughts and finds in the comments below.

Sponsored
Great idea! I took up the SDC tip of using Kmarts clear shelving for putting skin care/beauty products in bathrooms to using it in my kitchen to give me more bench space where tea and coffee is made.. No holes in the wall to fix it in place either. Kmarts clear containers fit perfectly on their as well for putting tea coffee and sugar in. 😁

• Love
Reactions: Athena E.
Over the last few years I have become a big fan of K Mart. They have definitely lifted their game with the range and quality of their products.
My personal favourite is their scented candle range. These candles are so cheap and smell lovely. Why bother paying $50 for a candle when you can pick one up at K Mart which smells just as good for a fraction of that price.
Their kitchen range is excellent too, as is some of their clothing, and even some of their occasional furniture items.
I'm not a big fan of designer labels. I find if you look closely on the label you will see "Designed in Australia" - turn the label over "Made in China".

Really !!! I would never cut meat on a board that has draws under it.
Why have storage under a chopping board. I need to wash the whole board I've used.

I have some great wooden chopping boards but what I recently purchased from Victoria's Basement was a set it plastic Joseph Joseph - Folio Regular Chopping Board Set it includes 4 boards in 4 colours which I use. Rrp $129 on sale $49
Green and blue for vegies n fruit
White for chicken
Red for meat

Non peeling and thick smooth plastic

Screenshot_20240216_135309_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240216_135301_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: DLHM
Hi Suzanne, I also have these boards they are the best ever.
Food authority colour coded boards are,
White Breads and Dairy (cheese)
Green Fruit and Vegetables
Red Raw Meats
Brown Cooked Meats
Yellow Raw Poultry
Blue Seafood
Just thought you might like to know.
1708056436890.png