Unlock the secret to quick and amazing meals with ALDI's $15 miracle item: ‘So good and so quick’

Are you tired of the endless question, ‘What’s for dinner tonight?’ Here's some great news to break that cycle!

ALDI, renowned for its knack for stocking affordable and innovative products, has just unveiled a new item that’s causing quite a stir among food enthusiasts.

For those who find themselves constantly wrestling with dinner ideas, this latest offering might be just what you need to spice up your meals.

ALDI has added Char Siu Pork Bao Bun Kit to its shelves, priced at just $14.99. The buzz around this 'amazing' item is palpable, with social media platforms lit up with chatter as more people discover the joy of these bao buns.

A social media group has also been inundated with positive testimonials.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 092403.png
Char Siu Pork Bao Bun Kit is available at ALDI for $15. Image source: ALDI Mums Facebook Page

'The pork bao buns are delicious!' one member gushed, a sentiment that's been echoed across the board by countless others who've fallen for the simple yet scrumptious meal.

But what's the secret behind the craze? It's a combination of irresistible taste and unmatched convenience.

'Super easy to cook,' one shopper noted, praising the quality of the pork that, when cooked with the included sauce, becomes ‘sticky and crispy’.

Another shopper couldn't help but rave about the ease of preparation, saying, 'They are amazing. So good and so quick.'

For the uninitiated, bao buns are a culinary delight hailing from Taiwan.

These fluffy, steamed buns are traditionally stuffed with succulent roast pork, tangy pickled cucumbers, fresh coriander, and a generous drizzle of hoisin sauce.

Over recent years, they've taken Australia by storm, becoming a sought-after dish in trendy eateries and now, thanks to ALDI, a staple in the home kitchen.

The Char Siu Pork Bao Bun kit from Aldi is a game-changer, offering everything you need to create eight delectable buns.

The kit includes the buns, veggies, seasoned meat, sauces, and all the necessary accompaniments to deliver an authentic bao bun experience.

However, as with all cult-favourite items, there's a catch: availability.

Despite their soaring popularity, these bao bun kits can be as elusive as a rare bird, with shoppers reporting challenges in finding them in their local ALDI stores.

They fly off the shelves faster than hotcakes, leaving many to scour the meat and freezer sections in vain.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 092710.png
The Char Siu Pork Bao Bun kit has been popular with ALDI shoppers. Image source: @cg_sahm/TikTok

'I've looked two weeks in a row and can't find them,' one shopper lamented, a sentiment shared by many others.

The situation seems particularly grim for those in Western Australia, with several shoppers expressing their disappointment at the scarcity.

'If you're in WA, you're out of luck,' a shopper from the region revealed.

But for the fortunate ones who manage to get their hands on a kit, the reward is a culinary delight that's well worth the hunt.

The ALDI Char Siu Pork Bao Bun Kit has not only captured the hearts and taste buds of Aussies but has also cemented its status as the latest must-have item for those seeking both flavour and convenience in their meals.

Source: @cg_sahm/TikTok​

Key Takeaways
  • ALDI shoppers are raving about the new Char Siu Pork Bao Bun Kit available in stores.
  • The kit, priced at $14.99, includes all ingredients required to make eight bao buns and has become a popular choice for a quick and delicious meal.
  • While many customers praise the convenience and taste of the bao buns, some are finding it difficult to locate the kits in their local ALDI stores.
  • Despite challenges in availability, particularly in Western Australia, those who have managed to purchase the kit consider it a valuable addition to their meal rotation.
So, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club, if you're on the lookout for a quick, easy, and utterly delicious meal option, keep your eyes peeled for ALDI's Char Sui Pork Bao Bun Kit on your next shopping trip.

And if you've already had the pleasure of trying them, we'd love to hear about your experience! Are they really as good as advertised? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Yes they are absolutely delicious and very moreish but at $14.99 per packet you can not afford them too often. I noticed that due to their wonderful taste one tends to eat a lot more than usual. A bit of a catch that! ;)
I have to admit I’ve never had one they look yummo😋

Reactions: Tervueren
Oh now I get it👍
The only time I ate cucumber was when I was 19. A couple of hours of burping cucumber taste for an hour or so, I suffered uncontrollable spewing and crapping, rendering my parents' bathroom a sewer. Lost 9 kgs in five days and spent four of those days in hospital with the medical staff scratching their heads as to what was wrong. The culprit was a plant protein called profilin.

I am so sensitive that someone with cucumber in their food is detected up to five metres away. From memory, it tasted shit anyway so it is not missed at all.

Reactions: Littleboy8
The only time I ate cucumber was when I was 19. A couple of hours of burping cucumber taste for an hour or so, I suffered uncontrollable spewing and crapping, rendering my parents' bathroom a sewer. Lost 9 kgs in five days and spent four of those days in hospital with the medical staff scratching their heads as to what was wrong. The culprit was a plant protein called profilin.

I am so sensitive that someone with cucumber in their food is detected up to five metres away. From memory, it tasted shit anyway so it is not missed at all.
I agree I’m not a fan of it either makes me burp haven’t had it in years.😊

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I love the Coles vegetarian Lasanya (sorry not sure how you spell it) only $12-50 and makes 6meals out of it.