Unleash the Secret Checkout Speed Hack a Woolworths Insider Just Revealed on TikTok!

Navigating the supermarket aisles can be a bit of a chore, especially when you're in a rush. But thanks to a Woolworths insider, your time at the checkout could be cut down significantly. This little gem of wisdom, shared on the social media platform TikTok, is a game-changer for anyone who's ever felt the drag of a slow checkout experience.

The 'power slide' – it sounds like a dance move, doesn't it? Well, it's not going to get you on 'Dancing with the Stars,' but it might just make you the most efficient shopper at Woolworths. Liam Kirley, a Woolworths employee, has taken to TikTok to share his insider knowledge on how to speed up your self-service checkout process.

Here's how it works: when you're at the self-serve checkout, instead of painstakingly scanning each item one by one or fumbling to find the barcode, you can use the 'power slide' technique. Simply place your bag in the bagging area, then slide your items across the scanning area in one smooth motion. The scanner is designed to pick up the barcode as the item glides across, just as it would if a cashier were scanning your items at a manned checkout.

woolworths.PNG
Woolworths staff Liam Kirley demonstrated an easy way to use self-serve checkouts in a video posted online. Image Credit: TikTok/Woolworths AU

Liam's video demonstration shows that with the 'power slide', you can scan multiple items quickly and efficiently. The key is to wait for the green light, which signals that you're good to scan the next item. This method not only speeds up the process but also minimizes the frustration of having to rotate each product in search of the elusive barcode.

The reaction to this checkout hack has been overwhelmingly positive, with many Woolworths shoppers expressing their gratitude for the tip. Comments like 'Yay! This is awesome' and 'This is so helpful' flooded in, showing that even the smallest of tips can make a big difference in our daily routines.

However, some shoppers were left scratching their heads, wondering why this method was considered a 'hack' at all. It seems that for some, the 'power slide' is just the standard way of using the self-serve checkout. And of course, there's the occasional hiccup with the self-serve machines, like when you press 'I have a bag' and the machine mistakenly thinks you've added an extra item, prompting a call for assistance.

Despite these minor quirks, the 'power slide' is a testament to the ingenuity of workers and the potential for even the most mundane tasks to be optimized. It's a reminder that sometimes, the best hacks are the simplest ones – they just require a fresh perspective.

So, next time you're at Woolworths, give the 'power slide' a go. It might just transform your shopping experience, leaving you with more time to enjoy the things that matter most. And who knows, you might even impress a fellow shopper or two with your checkout prowess.
Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths employee has shared a TikTok video revealing a quick checkout hack known as the 'power slide' to speed up self-service scanning.
  • The worker, Liam Kirley, demonstrated how sliding items across the scanning area can pick up barcodes more efficiently, making the checkout process faster.
  • This technique imitates the speediness of regular checkout counters and helps customers quickly scan multiple items without having to locate each barcode individually.
  • While many shoppers found the tip useful, some were already familiar with the process, questioning why it was branded as a 'hectic'.
We'd love to hear from you, members of the Seniors Discount Club! Have you tried the 'power slide' at your local Woolworths? Do you have any other tips and tricks for speeding up the shopping process? Share your experiences and advice in the comments below – let's help each other make the most of our shopping trips!

Reactions: Tervueren
Sponsored
So, Woollirs is giving lessons on how to use self-service checkouts, are they????
Next will be how to unload a truck, then how to load a replenishment trolly, then how to effectively locate and merchandise a store.... Give me a break, will you.
Luckily I don't shop at Coles or Woollies... haven't done so for over 20 years... never will

When I pay Woolworths for shopping, included is the PACKING of my groceries in a bag. If Woolworths were to offer a discount on the cost for me to pack my own groceries, no worries will use self serve. BUT until then I pay for them to be packed by the checkout operator.

Why bother, just go to Aldi where you get to be served by a real person plus a smile and without the invasive camera watching your every checkout move, and enjoy watching a professional scan your items for you
Aldi now have self-service; my husband uses it quite a bit - me - I prefer a regular checkout

When I pay Woolworths for shopping, included is the PACKING of my groceries in a bag. If Woolworths were to offer a discount on the cost for me to pack my own groceries, no worries will use self serve. BUT until then I pay for them to be packed by the checkout operator.
Do you pick the items from the shelves? Maybe you need to use online shopping, have them pick for you too as you are so lazy.

• Wow
Reactions: DLHM and freedy50
Why bother, just go to Aldi where you get to be served by a real person plus a smile and without the invasive camera watching your every checkout move, and enjoy watching a professional scan your items for you
Woolworths and Coles have "real persons" too. And Aldi have self service checkouts, so basically all three are the same.

Woolworths and Coles have "real persons" too. And Aldi have self service checkouts, so basically all three are the same.
Cardboard cutouts, more like it! I asked a "team member" at the local Woolworths for the whereabouts of olives. The reply? "Dunno...I only stock the shelves". Dopey Dehli dog!

And Spudshed in Western Australia have FULLY manned checkouts. No self serve.

Reactions: DLHM and Marilynne
I try to use self serve as much as possible, but not tried this. I just scan everything the 'normal' way.

And Aldi self serve is better. They have bigger barcodes on their goods so scans quicker, they have bigger space to put everything after scanning and I can look at myself on the little screen above the checkout😁

Reactions: Marilynne
I try to use self serve as much as possible, but not tried this. I just scan everything the 'normal' way.

And Aldi self serve is better. They have bigger barcodes on their goods so scans quicker, they have bigger space to put everything after scanning and I can look at myself on the little screen above the checkout😁
My husband likes the Aldi self-service as well.