Unexpected twist on favourite treat Golden Gaytime: ‘Most irresistible’

Even as we age, there’s something about the thrill of finding fresh variations to our favourite items or food that continues to excite us.

It’s as if there’s an everlasting sense of wonder. Just when we thought we knew our favourites inside out, they managed to surprise us once more.

Case in point: the iconic Golden Gaytime has seen many incarnations over the years, but now, there's a delightful new twist on this frozen classic.

Pauls, well-known for its custard range, has introduced a new Golden Gaytime-Inspired Toffee Custard.

Over the years, various versions of this delightful frozen treat have emerged, including a doughnut-flavoured twist and a plant-based option.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 9.29.50 AM.png
You can buy a 600g pack of Pauls Custard Golden Gaytime Toffee for just $6.50. Image source: Coles

This ice cream has consistently earned top marks in Australia, and now the Golden Gaytime is being presented in a fresh style.

The brand hails this creation as its ‘most irresistible, iconically Aussie collaboration ever’. It combines rich and creamy custard with the flavours of toffee and vanilla.

In addition to the Golden Gaytime-inspired custard, there are two more delightful options: the Violet Crumble-inspired Choc-Honeycomb and the Chupa Chups-Inspired Strawberry & Cream Custard.

The latter is also being praised as a ‘nostalgic creation guaranteed to revive sweet childhood memories’.

20231108_083507_0000.png
Woolworths and select independent stores exclusively offer Pauls Choc-Honeycomb inspired by Violet Crumble and Strawberry & Cream Custard inspired by Chupa Chups. Image source: Woolworths

While these two flavours have been available in smaller portions, Pauls and Streets have decided to meet the high demand by offering them in a larger 600g tub.

Unlike some other new flavours that come and go, this collection is a permanent addition to the selection.

You can buy each of these custard varieties for $6.50.

The Pauls Golden Gaytime Inspired Toffee Custard can be found as a special edition at Coles, as well as at Woolworths and independent grocery stores.

On the other hand, the other two custards are exclusively offered at Woolworths and independent grocery stores.

In August, Golden Gaytime launched a new Vanilla Malt Shake ice cream, bringing back the nostalgia of a classic milk bar treat.

This beloved ice cream flavour is now in stores such as Coles, IGA, Ritchies, Drakes, and Romeos and is also available online.

The news received a warm welcome from ice cream enthusiasts who appreciated its delicious taste and its ability to remind them of their childhood.

For the full story, please read here.
Key Takeaways

Members, what do you think of these new varieties? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Reactions: Ezzy and Littleboy8
Sponsored
Even as we age, there’s something about the thrill of finding fresh variations to our favourite items or food that continues to excite us.

It’s as if there’s an everlasting sense of wonder. Just when we thought we knew our favourites inside out, they managed to surprise us once more.

Case in point: the iconic Golden Gaytime has seen many incarnations over the years, but now, there's a delightful new twist on this frozen classic.

Pauls, well-known for its custard range, has introduced a new Golden Gaytime-Inspired Toffee Custard.

Over the years, various versions of this delightful frozen treat have emerged, including a doughnut-flavoured twist and a plant-based option.

View attachment 34156
You can buy a 600g pack of Pauls Custard Golden Gaytime Toffee for just $6.50. Image source: Coles

This ice cream has consistently earned top marks in Australia, and now the Golden Gaytime is being presented in a fresh style.

The brand hails this creation as its ‘most irresistible, iconically Aussie collaboration ever’. It combines rich and creamy custard with the flavours of toffee and vanilla.

In addition to the Golden Gaytime-inspired custard, there are two more delightful options: the Violet Crumble-inspired Choc-Honeycomb and the Chupa Chups-Inspired Strawberry & Cream Custard.

The latter is also being praised as a ‘nostalgic creation guaranteed to revive sweet childhood memories’.

View attachment 34157
Woolworths and select independent stores exclusively offer Pauls Choc-Honeycomb inspired by Violet Crumble and Strawberry & Cream Custard inspired by Chupa Chups. Image source: Woolworths

While these two flavours have been available in smaller portions, Pauls and Streets have decided to meet the high demand by offering them in a larger 600g tub.

Unlike some other new flavours that come and go, this collection is a permanent addition to the selection.

You can buy each of these custard varieties for $6.50.

The Pauls Golden Gaytime Inspired Toffee Custard can be found as a special edition at Coles, as well as at Woolworths and independent grocery stores.

On the other hand, the other two custards are exclusively offered at Woolworths and independent grocery stores.

In August, Golden Gaytime launched a new Vanilla Malt Shake ice cream, bringing back the nostalgia of a classic milk bar treat.

This beloved ice cream flavour is now in stores such as Coles, IGA, Ritchies, Drakes, and Romeos and is also available online.

The news received a warm welcome from ice cream enthusiasts who appreciated its delicious taste and its ability to remind them of their childhood.

For the full story, please read here.
Key Takeaways

Members, what do you think of these new varieties? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Yes please😋😋

Experience tells me these taste sensations will be expensive and short lived. That's why I no longer buy to try. As soon as I find something that's yummy, they stop production.
What I would like is someone creating a musk ice cream. Until then I'll stick to the home brand vanilla.

Experience tells me these taste sensations will be expensive and short lived. That's why I no longer buy to try. As soon as I find something that's yummy, they stop production.
What I would like is someone creating a musk ice cream. Until then I'll stick to the home brand vanilla.
You can buy musk ice cream i looked online it says Woolworths frankston sells it plus other stores look it up

Oh thanks Littleboy. I will investigate with the hope that someone in Newcastle stocks it. That I would buy to try.
It sounds yummy or you can make it recipes on line (if you can be bothered)😹