Uber Eats customer in a slice of shock over potentially deadly discovery in takeaway treat

In a world where convenience often trumps all, the rise of food delivery services like Uber Eats has been a game-changer, especially for those of us who prefer the comfort of our homes or are simply too busy to dine out.

However, a recent incident has raised serious concerns about the safety of these services and has left many feeling uneasy.

Aman Sidhu, the owner of Bradman Pizza House in Adelaide, was left in utter disbelief when a customer reported finding screws in a pizza ordered through Uber Eats.

This alarming discovery not only sparked fear among patrons, but has also prompted an urgent call for investigation into the matter.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 125328.jpg
A customer complained about two metal screws they have found on their pizza ordered through Uber Eats. Credits: Facebook / 9 News Adelaide

Sidhu, who was just as shocked as the customer, immediately reviewed the CCTV footage from his restaurant to ensure that the pizza left his establishment without any foreign objects.

‘When we received the call from the customer, my business partner, he answered the phone and he was shocked as well,’ Sidhu stated.

‘We have checked the CCTV footage which shows there is no problem from our side. Everything was fine.’

Sidhu claimed that he thoroughly reviewed the surveillance footage, but found no evidence of sharp objects being added to the pizza during its preparation.

Despite replacing the pizza for the customer, the business owner urged Uber to promptly investigate the issue.

He also mentioned that he promptly interrogated his chefs, who asserted that it would have been implausible for the screws to have inadvertently ended up there.

‘We sent the food to the customer and brought back the pizza in which there were screws,’ Sidhu said.

Vish Tiwari, Sidhu's business partner, remarked that the scenario could have easily become life-threatening.

‘Any kid eating it and the screw gets stuck in their throat, he could actually kill someone. Or someone gets tooth damage, who is going to pay for the dentist?’ he said.

The incident took a more sinister turn when it was revealed that there had been a minor argument between the restaurant staff and the delivery driver prior to the pizza being sent out.

This led to speculation that the screws might have been added to the pizza in an act of retribution by the disgruntled driver.

In response to the incident, Bradman Pizza House has taken the precaution of freezing the contaminated pizza to preserve it as evidence.

They have also lodged a formal complaint with Uber, urging the company to take immediate action.

Uber Eats responded by stating that they take ‘reports of tampering with orders very seriously with anyone found guilty to lose permanent access to its app’.

This was not the first time that an Uber Eats driver has been involved in a delivery issue.

Last year, a customer expressed his frustration after receiving a message from his Uber Eats delivery driver.

Another couple of incidents were also reported by customers involving creepy encounters with their delivery drivers.
Key Takeaways
  • An Uber Eats customer found screws in a pizza ordered from Bradman Pizza House in Adelaide, sparking concerns of potential harm.
  • The business owner, Aman Sidhu, reviewed CCTV footage and determined there was no issue from the restaurant's end, and speculated the delivery driver could be responsible after an argument.
  • Bradman Pizza House reported the incident to Uber and saved the contaminated pizza as evidence.
  • Uber responded by stating it takes order tampering very seriously and offenders would face permanent removal from its app.
Have you ever encountered a problem with your order? How was it resolved? We encourage you to share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
Never used Uber eats.... designed for lazy people with more money than sense...

Reactions: relljube
Never used Uber eats.... designed for lazy people with more money than sense...
But invaluable for me (and I am sure others). I am wheelchair-bound. I am not lazy and on a pension I certainly don’t have much money, but sometimes I am inn a lot of pain and do not have the energy to get a dinner from the freezer and put it in the microwave. Thank you stars you are still capable. I would love to drive and pick up take away or cook my own meal. ( I owned a restaurant and love cooking.)