TV host Larry Emdur speaks out for the first time after stalking ordeal

In the world of television, where the spotlight shines bright, the lives of presenters and hosts can sometimes take unexpected turns.

This was the case for Larry Emdur, a household name and cherished personality on Australian TV, who recently found himself at the centre of a concerning incident.

Known for his charismatic presence on The Morning Show and The Chase, Emdur has finally broken his silence regarding an alleged stalking situation that has been making headlines.

In a candid video shared on his social media, Emdur sought to reassure his fans and the public.

'I'm fine, I'm beyond fine,' he declared, aiming to dispel rumours or exaggerated media reports about his well-being.

image (1).jpg
TV host Larry Emdur has broken his silence after his harrowing stalking ordeal. Credit: @larryemdur / Instagram

The video, which has since circulated widely, shows Emdur in good spirits, emphasising the positive aspects of his life.

'I'm still very much in a Logies afterglow and loving it. The Morning Show's going great, The Chase is going great, my whisky's going great, everything in my life is absolutely fantastic,' he said.

'When you read something like this: “Larry Emdur living in fear” (or) “His family in danger”, it's not right. It's not what's going on in my life,' he clarified.

His reassurance was a breath of fresh air for those concerned about his safety, as he confirmed he is completely 100 per cent fine’ and ‘It is absolutely business as usual.’

His comments come after an incident unfolded at Seven’s Sydney headquarters last month, which led to charges against a 52-year-old man.

Emdur's recent experiences have been a mix of highs and lows. On the high side, he was the toast of the town at the star-studded Logie Awards ceremony held at The Star last month.

There, he not only won the hearts of the audience but also took home two prestigious awards. Emdur was named Australia’s most popular TV presenter and received the Bert Newton Award, along with the coveted Gold Logie, triumphing over a lineup of talented nominees.

Following his win, Emdur made headlines for getting a tattoo live on The Morning Show, featuring the initials of his fellow nominees—a promise he had made in the event of his victory.

Reflecting on this during a Sunrise interview on 19 August, he humorously referred to it as the 'dumbest' promise he had ever made. Yet, it was a testament to his playful and committed nature.

The Gold Logie speech was a moment Emdur described as 'surreal’, a pinnacle in his career where he felt the weight of his achievements and the recognition of his peers.

‘I knew I needed to thank my work family and my family—I knew I wanted to thank the other nominees,’ Emdur said.

‘It was so surreal. I was standing up there just looking down at all these famous people. I was thinking it was really a moment.’

'I was so humbled, thrilled, and honoured…you just go, “Wow, all of TV is in this room. Everything I worked for and everything I wanted to be part of (in my career)”.’

You can watch Emdur’s video below:

Credit: @larryemdur / Instagram

Key Takeaways

• Larry Emdur, host of The Morning Show and The Chase, has addressed concerns following media coverage of an alleged stalking incident.
  • Emdur reassured his Instagram followers and the public that he is 'completely 100 per cent fine' and clarified that the narratives of him living in fear were incorrect.
  • A 52-year-old man was charged following an incident at Seven’s Sydney headquarters last month.
  • Emdur recently won two Logie Awards and got a tattoo of the initials of his fellow nominees live on The Morning Show, fulfilling a promise he'd made if he won.
Have you ever had a brush with fame that took an unexpected turn? How did you handle the situation? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored