Trying to lose weight? Nutritionist reveals what you should NEVER buy at the grocery store

After reaching a certain age, losing weight and staying healthy is twice as hard as it used to be. Our metabolism slows down while our energy tank shrinks. So one of the best ways to shed a few pounds is to stick to a balanced diet.

Fortunately, one weight loss nutritionist shared the three food items she would never buy at the supermarket. Angela Martin from Melbourne listed the things along with a few tips in an Instagram video.

When buying a bagged salad, the nutritionist advised viewers to go for the ones placed at the back of the shelf as they usually have a longer expiry date.

Uv29LX3kKPy9gDZvMiPEPBhJPnh6sRbrO0FMVzzOR5z2KtTSMtl2ZMqdwTqudd3Uj7naVsC4Tx5VzxGiKSeq8-4Agx6mz5uarSUrU5K8azRZHWlsBBBGspnZnv7IPs7ecINW-xz8K7a72PsVjx22FZUfa_aV_VW0Dy0Qsg9xOntZcMqkqxMd8ZjlnA
hdjeOUDQK91M9r9DL2fw7KFBPdWsaZ8DlwtEZKSgB-Mxtzr_JgHXAZdyZA-TG_GqP9gvgvUHsXeoUvB4GG_JPeswOJ3d33CDY7E1egVemG220KZGYfk3yfpwwH1SYROce9W9JZ5F-G_Zx2X_BGUWGsllDTiMbRBZkINBYYk7hr9Nz0r0zIJi-p1OUg

Angela revealed food items she would never buy. Source: @the_healthy_diary

Then, she admitted to never buying bacon because she doesn't like the taste of it.

'It's just something I don't enjoy eating.’ she explained.

Last but not least, Angela shared that she would never purchase a big bag of Smiths crisps but instead grabs the box of 20 small individually portioned packets.

The health coach's grocery tip amassed 25,000 views and sparked a debate about bacon. Meanwhile, some followers shared their favourite shopping hacks.

Source: @the_healthy_diary

'I can't stand bacon! When my husband cooks bacon, I have to open every window in the house… The smell alone makes me feel greasy. I’m so happy that I'm not alone.’ one person wrote.

'Everyone needs bacon in their lives, otherwise, why bother?’ another argued.

'I have four kids so I buy the packets of chips on sale before portioning them into small zip lock bags myself. It saves me so much money and only takes a few minutes. I do this with Shapes as well.’ a third detailed.

'I always pick the salads at the back as well!’ a fourth commented.

This isn’t the first time Angela took the internet by storm. Previously, she shared how to meal prep a week's worth of food in just 30 minutes.

She prepared blueberry oats, vegetarian Mexican salad, mango chicken with coconut rice, Greek yoghurt, and fruits.

Angela said that preparing your meals in advance is a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle and help control hunger levels, especially if you have a busy schedule.

'If you're super busy but still want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, perhaps slim down a little, and just feel good... This is how I meal prep in under 30 minutes.’ she can be heard saying in an Instagram video.

'If you find meal prepping overwhelming and time-consuming, have a look at this prep breakdown.'

dxzCWR4R1GAbRZCMLkTwVssPJK5X6yTRsLpQF0nx7LObe8zn-wqWZf7woCX_4F7P2Mok0-qRV5HJ18OCCI6HLpiglhLN8aHVum6ebksTGvjXjQ0UnFM-6VHLlLZh6dmMT7m0WNjsnuqv2xFlGpbgyVB8QXZRGfa7lhmR9uAJ5qYF_QqyWhu59IWPZw
gcQ2Dqnihr7BT2Lyph-Ko7kcUj0SrI5d8LUt4tdURz8sMaTc0ACPVja1-IuqlcA4F-5KnMeolUsbivHwejWWoMH9z_0u6bH22NxFT9fMHzfZkav-1NyH7KX_ip2F639aLzS_6eJUAgVZgTpNaV_dXpI73jPOAd5BF67L_0IbIKxJYzeU0AGoSxEeFg

Angela demonstrated how she prepares meals for the week. Source: @the_healthy_diary

She cooked three servings of the vegetarian Mexican salad in as little as five minutes and placed a paper towel on top of the meals.

'The paper towel absorbs some of the humidity coming from the veggies so it keeps them fresher for longer.’ she explained.

For breakfast, she prepared coconut, lemon, and blueberry oats. For lunch, she made two servings of mango chicken from ALDI with coconut rice and broccolini, which she described as ‘delicious’.

Finally, for snacks, she purchased Greek yoghurt and fruit.

'Most women fail to achieve their goals because they are not prepared and they just wing it.' she said.

'All you need is a good plan of attack and a couple of simple, healthy and delicious meal ideas!’

What are your thoughts on Angela’s health tips? Which one is your favourite? Which food items do you actively avoid purchasing from the supermarket? Let us know in the comments below!

Watch Angela’s Instagram video below:

Reactions: Ezzy, BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
After reaching a certain age, losing weight and staying healthy is twice as hard as it used to be. Our metabolism slows down while our energy tank shrinks. So one of the best ways to shed a few pounds is to stick to a balanced diet.

Fortunately, one weight loss nutritionist shared the three food items she would never buy at the supermarket. Angela Martin from Melbourne listed the things along with a few tips in an Instagram video.

When buying a bagged salad, the nutritionist advised viewers to go for the ones placed at the back of the shelf as they usually have a longer expiry date.

Uv29LX3kKPy9gDZvMiPEPBhJPnh6sRbrO0FMVzzOR5z2KtTSMtl2ZMqdwTqudd3Uj7naVsC4Tx5VzxGiKSeq8-4Agx6mz5uarSUrU5K8azRZHWlsBBBGspnZnv7IPs7ecINW-xz8K7a72PsVjx22FZUfa_aV_VW0Dy0Qsg9xOntZcMqkqxMd8ZjlnA
hdjeOUDQK91M9r9DL2fw7KFBPdWsaZ8DlwtEZKSgB-Mxtzr_JgHXAZdyZA-TG_GqP9gvgvUHsXeoUvB4GG_JPeswOJ3d33CDY7E1egVemG220KZGYfk3yfpwwH1SYROce9W9JZ5F-G_Zx2X_BGUWGsllDTiMbRBZkINBYYk7hr9Nz0r0zIJi-p1OUg

Then, she admitted to never buying bacon because she doesn't like the taste of it.

Last but not least, Angela shared that she would never purchase a big bag of Smiths crisps but instead grabs the box of 20 small individually portioned packets.

The health coach's grocery tip amassed 25,000 views and sparked a debate about bacon. Meanwhile, some followers shared their favourite shopping hacks.

'I can't stand bacon! When my husband cooks bacon, I have to open every window in the house… The smell alone makes me feel greasy. I’m so happy that I'm not alone.’ one person wrote.

'I have four kids so I buy the packets of chips on sale before portioning them into small zip lock bags myself. It saves me so much money and only takes a few minutes. I do this with Shapes as well.’ a third detailed.

This isn’t the first time Angela took the internet by storm. Previously, she shared how to meal prep a week's worth of food in just 30 minutes.

She prepared blueberry oats, vegetarian Mexican salad, mango chicken with coconut rice, Greek yoghurt, and fruits.

Angela said that preparing your meals in advance is a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle and help control hunger levels, especially if you have a busy schedule.

'If you're super busy but still want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, perhaps slim down a little, and just feel good... This is how I meal prep in under 30 minutes.’ she can be heard saying in an Instagram video.

'If you find meal prepping overwhelming and time-consuming, have a look at this prep breakdown.'

dxzCWR4R1GAbRZCMLkTwVssPJK5X6yTRsLpQF0nx7LObe8zn-wqWZf7woCX_4F7P2Mok0-qRV5HJ18OCCI6HLpiglhLN8aHVum6ebksTGvjXjQ0UnFM-6VHLlLZh6dmMT7m0WNjsnuqv2xFlGpbgyVB8QXZRGfa7lhmR9uAJ5qYF_QqyWhu59IWPZw
gcQ2Dqnihr7BT2Lyph-Ko7kcUj0SrI5d8LUt4tdURz8sMaTc0ACPVja1-IuqlcA4F-5KnMeolUsbivHwejWWoMH9z_0u6bH22NxFT9fMHzfZkav-1NyH7KX_ip2F639aLzS_6eJUAgVZgTpNaV_dXpI73jPOAd5BF67L_0IbIKxJYzeU0AGoSxEeFg

Angela demonstrated how she prepares meals for the week. Source: @the_healthy_diary

She cooked three servings of the vegetarian Mexican salad in as little as five minutes and placed a paper towel on top of the meals.

'The paper towel absorbs some of the humidity coming from the veggies so it keeps them fresher for longer.’ she explained.

For breakfast, she prepared coconut, lemon, and blueberry oats. For lunch, she made two servings of mango chicken from ALDI with coconut rice and broccolini, which she described as ‘delicious’.

'Most women fail to achieve their goals because they are not prepared and they just wing it.' she said.

'All you need is a good plan of attack and a couple of simple, healthy and delicious meal ideas!’

What are your thoughts on Angela’s health tips? Which one is your favourite? Which food items do you actively avoid purchasing from the supermarket? Let us know in the comments below!

I dont trust nutritionist or dieticians anymore as most of what they are telling you is incorrect, it is what they HAVE BEEN TAUGHT or read from a book and also from their own opinions..... 50% of which is incorrect..... I eat what I want to with very little carbs and only between 10am and 2pm (4hrs) and drinking plenty of water and that is keeping me healthy and I have lost 20kg since Jan this year.

Reactions: Jersey Girl
3 foods she would never buy? Honestly, why do people follow such 'influencers'? Yes, check the use by date, but these are either common sense or of personal taste. Not worthy of a post of so-called expert advice that is followed by sheep. But that's the self-promoting world we live in.

Like drug suppliers, if we don't use them (follow them), they would be out of business and we wouldn't have to put up with them....and they'd have to get a real job and earn their living.

I spent about 5 minutes reading that now I'm starving again. 😁

That was only 2 things that woman wouldn't buy. The first thing is only that she wouldn't buy the packet at the front, not that she won't buy it at all. The bacon she wouldn't buy because SHE doesn't like it. Nothing to do with health or nutrition. And the large packet of crisps is because they go stale quicker then individual packets. Again nothing to do with health or nutrition. 🙄

And no wonder she allegedly makes a weeks meals so quick if all she makes is rabbit food.
"She prepared blueberry oats, vegetarian Mexican salad, mango chicken with coconut rice, Greek yoghurt, and fruits."
I feel sorry for her poor family having to eat all that all week.
And these people are allowed to be on the internet writing all this nonsense. 🙄

As a nutritionist why is she even buying chips????

She may not like bacon, but she certainly loves unhealthy chips and lots of saturated fat laden coconut.
Fat loss pfft!
Easier to lose weight, but not so easy to stop it creeping back up.
Healthy eating and portion control helps everyone.

Reactions: Ezzy
I spent about 5 minutes reading that now I'm starving again. 😁

That was only 2 things that woman wouldn't buy. The first thing is only that she wouldn't buy the packet at the front, not that she won't buy it at all. The bacon she wouldn't buy because SHE doesn't like it. Nothing to do with health or nutrition. And the large packet of crisps is because they go stale quicker then individual packets. Again nothing to do with health or nutrition. 🙄

And no wonder she allegedly makes a weeks meals so quick if all she makes is rabbit food.
"She prepared blueberry oats, vegetarian Mexican salad, mango chicken with coconut rice, Greek yoghurt, and fruits."
I feel sorry for her poor family having to eat all that all week.
And these people are allowed to be on the internet writing all this nonsense. 🙄
try fasting and only drink water for at least 16hours a day.... eat what you want within reason but very low carbs BUT ONLY between the hours of 10am and 2pm.... It works for me and I have lost 20kg since 1st of Jan this year.... and no it was not a new years reso... dont believe in the garbage

I dont trust nutritionist or dieticians anymore as most of what they are telling you is incorrect, it is what they HAVE BEEN TAUGHT or read from a book and also from their own opinions..... 50% of which is incorrect..... I eat what I want to with very little carbs and only between 10am and 2pm (4hrs) and drinking plenty of water and that is keeping me healthy and I have lost 20kg since Jan this year.
Well done you!!

Why a ‘nutritionist’ would recommend buying bagged salad in the first place is beyond me!
By the time they have been sliced thin washed in a bleach solution to kill bacteria and stored in a bag for up to a week that’s been filled with gas to stop the deterioration of the veg inside/ you’d be better off eating grass!

Reactions: Ezzy and Penny4

All depends on who stacks the shelves, sometimes things get shoved to the back and also get squished trying to jam as many in a possible, so just check the dates and appearance through the cellophane.