Treat yourself! Woolworths has introduced a limited-edition cake to select bakery shelves

Many of us here believe in the power of treating oneself every once in a while, even amid busy schedules and tight budgets. Life is short – why not take a moment out of your day and make the most of it?

Recently, Woolworths has provided a great opportunity to do just that! This grocery store giant has unveiled a whimsical and limited-edition cake that's just too tempting to resist.

Do you love cakes? How about cakes that help charity?

That’s right, Australia’s most trusted supermarket, Woolworths, is now offering a Rainbow Layer cake that is a glorious mix of multi-coloured layers, cream cheese buttercream and topped with hundreds and thousands!

While this limited-edition cake was created to help celebrate Pride month, the visually-appealing and whimsical design makes it the perfect cake for all celebrations!

pride.jpg
The limited-edition cake looks beautiful (and tasty). Credit: Woolworths

The cake is already a big hit.

‘Smash cake. Bought this for my son’s cake shoot as it looks pretty,’ one said.

‘Visually a show stopper; very fun and whimsical,’ another declared.

While someone else said they bought this to celebrate their daughter’s birthday. ‘My little girl loved this cake for her birthday with no effort from me, so definitely a win!’ They added.

‘Value for money. A great celebration cake – a good size for parties and an affordable price tag. It was incredibly sweet though, so it didn’t all get eaten at work when it was someone’s birthday,’ one more shared.

Priced at $10, you can treat yourself to this colourful cake while also supporting a worthy cause, because, for every Rainbow Layer Cake sold, Woolworths will donate $1 to Rainbow Families.

This is a charity that has been running since 2016 whose aim is to offer support for LGBTQ+ individuals and families.

pride2.jpg
Woolworths described their cake as an ‘impressive showstopper’ for all celebrations. Credit: Woolworths_au/TikTok

However, the cake is only available in select stores, specifically in New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory.

Guy Brent, Managing Director of Woolworths Food Company, said: ‘We’re delighted to be partnering with Rainbow Families, an organisation that does incredible work in the community.’ He also shared that ‘family’ can mean different things to different people and that for some, this means they may need more support and guidance.

He added: ‘Cake is often a staple of family celebrations and so it made sense for us to create a product that families love, to support a community that loves so proudly.’

Ashley Scott, Executive Officer at Rainbow Families, declared that the organisation felt ‘thrilled’ to be a part of the initiative. ‘February in NSW and across the country is a time of celebration for our families - a time to come together and be with our vibrant and diverse community,’ Ms Scott added.

You can watch Woolworths’ promotional video below:

‘Thanks to this generous donation from Woolworths, we will be able to support even more LGBTQ+ parents and their families across Australia.’

If you don’t want to pay $10 for a cake, you can always make one at home using this ‘hack’ from MasterChef UK winner Shelina Permalloo. The best part about this cake hack? You don’t even have to make it from scratch! Find out how you can make your own celebration cake here.

If you have more time in the kitchen and want to make a show-stopping cake centrepiece with minimal effort, you can take a page out of this pro’s cake hack! You’ll only need two Chocolate Birthday Drip Cakes from Woolies and a little bit of creativity. Curious to find out how to wow everyone at your next event? You can read more about this here.

You can also repurpose mud cake to make a rainbow cake, complete with buttercream, M&M’s, and marshmallows as ‘clouds’. You can check out this hack here, and then read the controversy surrounding it here.
Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths has launched a limited-edition Rainbow Layer Cake in time to celebrate NSW pride. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to Rainbow Families, a charity for LGBTQ+ families.
  • The cake features rainbow layers with cream cheese buttercream icing and colourful hundreds and thousands.
  • Woolworths Managing Director said the cake is for family celebrations and to show their support to the LGBTQ+ community.
  • Social media users were thrilled with the news, with many gifting it to their kids or buying it for special occasions.
This colourful cake is a great way to treat yourself, don’t you think? Let us know your thoughts about it in the comments below!

Sponsored
I'm sorry I wouldn't buy this cake to support lesbian, gay, bi, trans and intersex (LGBTI)

It's against what I beleive.

I respect these people when I'm with them but I don't respect what they do.

My daughters sister inlaw is in a same sex marriage and they have had twins who are 3 years old.

Also her cousin inlaw is also in a same sex relationship and getting married soon.

My other daughters brother inlaw us in a same sex marriage no kids and his sister is in a same sex relationship.

My son is a vise principal and left his former school as the teachers were told they were having 3 Kids attending the school the following year one in kindy and 2 in I'm not sure what grade these were children that were becoming the opposite of what gender they were.
How can a child that young decide that they want to be the opposite sex than what they are.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I have strong biblical beliefs.

I would be more than happy to support most other charities

Last edited:
I'm sorry I wouldn't buy this cake to support lesbian, gay, bi, trans and intersex (LGBTI)

My daughters sister inlaw is in a same sex marriage abd they have had twins who are 3 years old.

Also her husband’s cousin is also in a same sex relationship and getting married soon.

My other daughters brother inlaw us in a same sex marriage no kids and his sister is in a same sex relationship.

My son is a vise principal and left his former school as the teachers were told they were having 3 Kids attending the school the following year one in kindy and 2 in I'm not sure what grade these were children that were becoming the opposite of what gender they were.
How can a child that young decide that they want to be the opposite sex than what they are.

I would be more than happy to support most other charities especially
I don't care who and what people are, but why???????? why is the rainbow a symbol of the alphabet people?????? Second, no supermarket, Kmart, etc. had any AUSTRALIA DAY items for sale, but heck knows, the alphabet people get their own cakes!!! I will not buy it. And when I bake something at home, I sometimes put SPRINKELS on the cookies, and I do not see it as in honour of the rainbow people. Just my 2 cents ... and I agree 100% with you here Suzanna ♥

1676065740540.png

I would never buy such a cake on principle. I am tired of having all of this in my face daily. People wonder why I long for society to return to the past; the past may not have been perfect, but homosexuals and lesbians kept quiet and did their own thing and people generally didn't care or know, gender was not an issue and kids were not being mutilated and sterilised, mentally ill people were incarcerated for their own good and society's good (yes, I know the institutions had many faults). Give me the past for many things, not perfect and a lot that has changed has been, generally, for the better, but we threw away so much that was good like the nuclear family, stay-at-home mums, good manners, responsibility, respect and resilience.

My daughters sister inlaw is in a same sex marriage abd they have had twins who are 3 years old.

Also her husband’s cousin is also in a same sex relationship and getting married soon.

I would be more than happy to support most other charities especially
I for one have no religious beliefs but still do not believe in supporting this Queer behaviour I have a granddaughter who is halfway to becoming a boy. Needless to say, I don't have anything to do with him/ her or it as I call him. Sorry, I am not broad-minded in that way Things are too woke for my upbringing. I certainly won't buy the cake as the Gay community has stolen so many words & things for their own use that we normal thinking people feel uncomfortable.

When I was young there was a young man lived a couple of doors away and no-one in the street was allowed to interact with him, us kids never knew why. He took his own life and years later I found out it was because he was Gay. Then, in my teens two guys from our "crowd" took their own lives and a girl I knew ended up in hospital after an attempt on her life. Why? Because they weren't comfortable in their skin, the world was against them and they couldn't see a way forward. What a waste, who knows what these youngsters might have achieved in their lifetimes. Times haven't changed that much, youngsters are still getting harassed, if anything it's getting worse due to social media and private messaging. Mostly they just want to live their own lives, quietly and behind closed doors but the wider population won't let them and think homophobic slurs are the best way forward. This is why the Pride marches go ahead and are loud and out there, to try to reach these youngsters and let them know they're not alone and that life can still be fun and happy. I don't say that I agree with everything they do, or even that I support the movement, just that I can understand it and if a Pride march saves one life it will have been worth it. I won't be buying a cake, only because I'm a diabetic and it would send me loopy! ;)

I don't care who and what people are, but why???????? why is the rainbow a symbol of the alphabet people?????? Second, no supermarket, Kmart, etc. had any AUSTRALIA DAY items for sale, but heck knows, the alphabet people get their own cakes!!! I will not buy it. And when I bake something at home, I sometimes put SPRINKELS on the cookies, and I do not see it as in honour of the rainbow people. Just my 2 cents ... and I agree 100% with you here Suzanna ♥

View attachment 13314
Why don't they do a cake for kids with cancer or abused women . They need to get there priorities right

I would never buy such a cake on principle. I am tired of having all of this in my face daily. People wonder why I long for society to return to the past; the past may not have been perfect, but homosexuals and lesbians kept quiet and did their own thing and people generally didn't care or know, gender was not an issue and kids were not being mutilated and sterilised, mentally ill people were incarcerated for their own good and society's good (yes, I know the institutions had many faults). Give me the past for many things, not perfect and a lot that has changed has been, generally, for the better, but we threw away so much that was good like the nuclear family, stay-at-home mums, good manners, responsibility, respect and resilience.
👏 well said

When I was young there was a young man lived a couple of doors away and no-one in the street was allowed to interact with him, us kids never knew why. He took his own life and years later I found out it was because he was Gay. Then, in my teens two guys from our "crowd" took their own lives and a girl I knew ended up in hospital after an attempt on her life. Why? Because they weren't comfortable in their skin, the world was against them and they couldn't see a way forward. What a waste, who knows what these youngsters might have achieved in their lifetimes. Times haven't changed that much, youngsters are still getting harassed, if anything it's getting worse due to social media and private messaging. Mostly they just want to live their own lives, quietly and behind closed doors but the wider population won't let them and think homophobic slurs are the best way forward. This is why the Pride marches go ahead and are loud and out there, to try to reach these youngsters and let them know they're not alone and that life can still be fun and happy. I don't say that I agree with everything they do, or even that I support the movement, just that I can understand it and if a Pride march saves one life it will have been worth it. I won't be buying a cake, only because I'm a diabetic and it would send me loopy! ;)
I don't see bullying anymore. I know alot of gay people and they are very comfortable in their skins.
When I see my daughters sister inlaw and her wife I still hug them and treat them with respect but I don't approve of what they do.

Humans are ment to have sex with the opposite sex .
2 men can't have babies or 2 women .
Men and women are like a jigsaw puzzle when they connect they are able to reproduce.

I've taught my kids to respect but doesn't mean you agree or like what someone does .

There are people out there who have sex with animals, and have gone on to marry them, yes it's illegal for now but it's only a matter of time until that is also allowed. And that is one thing I will never accept or respect

I'm guessing this lovely offering exists primarily for those living in Metro regions.
I haven't seen it in any of the Newcastle stores I frequent.
Ho hum. Looks like it is a case of no worries about a bit on the lips adding an inch to the hips.

Reactions: Ricci
Many of us here believe in the power of treating oneself every once in a while, even amid busy schedules and tight budgets. Life is short – why not take a moment out of your day and make the most of it?

Recently, Woolworths has provided a great opportunity to do just that! This grocery store giant has unveiled a whimsical and limited-edition cake that's just too tempting to resist.

Do you love cakes? How about cakes that help charity?

That’s right, Australia’s most trusted supermarket, Woolworths, is now offering a Rainbow Layer cake that is a glorious mix of multi-coloured layers, cream cheese buttercream and topped with hundreds and thousands!

While this limited-edition cake was created to help celebrate Pride month, the visually-appealing and whimsical design makes it the perfect cake for all celebrations!

View attachment 13263
The limited-edition cake looks beautiful (and tasty). Credit: Woolworths

The cake is already a big hit.

‘Smash cake. Bought this for my son’s cake shoot as it looks pretty,’ one said.

‘Visually a show stopper; very fun and whimsical,’ another declared.

While someone else said they bought this to celebrate their daughter’s birthday. ‘My little girl loved this cake for her birthday with no effort from me, so definitely a win!’ They added.

‘Value for money. A great celebration cake – a good size for parties and an affordable price tag. It was incredibly sweet though, so it didn’t all get eaten at work when it was someone’s birthday,’ one more shared.

Priced at $10, you can treat yourself to this colourful cake while also supporting a worthy cause, because, for every Rainbow Layer Cake sold, Woolworths will donate $1 to Rainbow Families.

This is a charity that has been running since 2016 whose aim is to offer support for LGBTQ+ individuals and families.

View attachment 13264
Woolworths described their cake as an ‘impressive showstopper’ for all celebrations. Credit: Woolworths_au/TikTok

However, the cake is only available in select stores, specifically in New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory.

Guy Brent, Managing Director of Woolworths Food Company, said: ‘We’re delighted to be partnering with Rainbow Families, an organisation that does incredible work in the community.’ He also shared that ‘family’ can mean different things to different people and that for some, this means they may need more support and guidance.

He added: ‘Cake is often a staple of family celebrations and so it made sense for us to create a product that families love, to support a community that loves so proudly.’

Ashley Scott, Executive Officer at Rainbow Families, declared that the organisation felt ‘thrilled’ to be a part of the initiative. ‘February in NSW and across the country is a time of celebration for our families - a time to come together and be with our vibrant and diverse community,’ Ms Scott added.

You can watch Woolworths’ promotional video below:

‘Thanks to this generous donation from Woolworths, we will be able to support even more LGBTQ+ parents and their families across Australia.’

If you don’t want to pay $10 for a cake, you can always make one at home using this ‘hack’ from MasterChef UK winner Shelina Permalloo. The best part about this cake hack? You don’t even have to make it from scratch! Find out how you can make your own celebration cake here.

If you have more time in the kitchen and want to make a show-stopping cake centrepiece with minimal effort, you can take a page out of this pro’s cake hack! You’ll only need two Chocolate Birthday Drip Cakes from Woolies and a little bit of creativity. Curious to find out how to wow everyone at your next event? You can read more about this here.

You can also repurpose mud cake to make a rainbow cake, complete with buttercream, M&M’s, and marshmallows as ‘clouds’. You can check out this hack here, and then read the controversy surrounding it here.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has launched a limited-edition Rainbow Layer Cake in time to celebrate NSW pride. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to Rainbow Families, a charity for LGBTQ+ families.
  • The cake features rainbow layers with cream cheese buttercream icing and colourful hundreds and thousands.
  • Woolworths Managing Director said the cake is for family celebrations and to show their support to the LGBTQ+ community.
  • Social media users were thrilled with the news, with many gifting it to their kids or buying it for special occasions.
This colourful cake is a great way to treat yourself, don’t you think? Let us know your thoughts about it in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci