Transform your cleaning routine with this multi-purpose $5 buy

We all know that nothing beats a good deal, especially one that makes our day-to-day lives easier, and this $5 cleaning buy has us jumping for joy.

If you consider vacuuming to be a bit of a drag, this miraculous and inexpensive tool might be the answer to your problems. Not only does it promise to efficiently tackle a wide range of household tasks, but it could also slash your vacuuming time in half.

The hero we're talking about? A simple hand-held straw broom, which is available from some Asian grocery stores and many dollar stores for as low as a mere $5.

1685069446318.png
You can find these compact handheld brooms for approximately $5. Source: Mums Who Clean/Facebook

One savvy homeowner shared her discovery on the popular Mums Who Clean Facebook page, dubbing it as her cleaning 'must-have' for the past decade. She posted, 'Just have to put this out there. Have used this broom in the house for about 10 years, for everything from skirting boards, corners, floors.'

She continued to rave about its impressive capabilities, saying, 'Picks up everything too. I just pull the debris off and store it. Wash it in the laundry basin from time to time, shake it off, and it dries fast. Really saves vacuuming constantly.'

Her post sparked a wave of positive reactions from other enthusiastic broom users, all determined to spread the word about this fantastic cleaning tool that has transformed their lives (or at least their cleaning routines).

One fellow member exclaimed, 'Seriously, these are the best brooms ever!' while another shared, 'I love mine. It will lose some straw dust for the first week or so, but once that passes, it’s brilliant! Picks up everything.'

Yet another added, 'Best thing I ever bought, and better than any other broom I’ve owned,' and another commented, 'I have one too. A quick sweep is all it takes every night to wake up with clean floors. It is very cost efficient too.'

Not just for their effectiveness and affordability, these brooms also earned high praise from those with back issues or limited mobility.

A group member shared, 'You just hold it in one hand. You don’t need two hands like a conventional broom.'

Another chimed in with, 'These Asian broomsticks don’t get enough credit! So easy to use and easy on the back. I’ve found I don’t need to vacuum anywhere near as much, it's so easy.'

Alternatives to Vacuuming for Maintaining a Clean Home​

Vacuuming is often the go-to for keeping your home spotless, but it isn't your only option. It turns out there are numerous alternatives to help you keep your home clean and healthy without the need for regular vacuuming.

Hand-held Straw Broom​

One of the most popular alternatives to vacuuming is the simple hand-held straw broom. The brush is soft enough to get into tight corners but picks up everything that lies in its path – saving you some valuable vacuuming time.

Damp Mop​

Sweeping and mopping your floors regularly will help remove most of the dirt from your floors, and it's best to use a microfibre mop rather than a traditional mop if you want expert results. This type of mop will act like a magnet, attracting dirt, dust and hair without leaving behind scratches.

Steam Cleaner​

Carpet steam cleaners are designed to give carpets a deep clean, but they can also be used to suck up dirt, dust and pet hair with ease. With a powerful motor and a large water tank, you can clean your carpets in a fraction of the time it would take to vacuum them.

Key Takeaways
  • An Aussie homeowner has shared a $5 cleaning buy that can cut vacuuming time in half.
  • The small hand-held straw broom is available at most Asian grocery stores and has gained popularity among Australian moms.
  • Users have praised the broom for its effectiveness in picking up debris and its versatility in cleaning various surfaces.
  • The broom is also considered cost-efficient and easy on the back, making it a popular choice for quick and efficient household cleaning.
We at the Seniors Discount Club are excited to share this incredible $5 find. Who would ever have thought that such a straightforward and affordable tool could have such a significant impact on our cleaning routines and help us save our backs in the process?

The next time you find yourself wandering through the aisles of your local Asian grocery store, be sure to keep an eye out for this seemingly humble little straw broom. It may revolutionise the way you clean and free up more time for what's truly important in life. So why not give it a try and let us know how it works for you? We're all ears!

Sponsored
We all know that nothing beats a good deal, especially one that makes our day-to-day lives easier, and this $5 cleaning buy has us jumping for joy.

If you consider vacuuming to be a bit of a drag, this miraculous and inexpensive tool might be the answer to your problems. Not only does it promise to efficiently tackle a wide range of household tasks, but it could also slash your vacuuming time in half.

The hero we're talking about? A simple hand-held straw broom, which is available from some Asian grocery stores and many dollar stores for as low as a mere $5.

View attachment 20749
You can find these compact handheld brooms for approximately $5. Source: Mums Who Clean/Facebook

One savvy homeowner shared her discovery on the popular Mums Who Clean Facebook page, dubbing it as her cleaning 'must-have' for the past decade. She posted, 'Just have to put this out there. Have used this broom in the house for about 10 years, for everything from skirting boards, corners, floors.'

She continued to rave about its impressive capabilities, saying, 'Picks up everything too. I just pull the debris off and store it. Wash it in the laundry basin from time to time, shake it off, and it dries fast. Really saves vacuuming constantly.'

Her post sparked a wave of positive reactions from other enthusiastic broom users, all determined to spread the word about this fantastic cleaning tool that has transformed their lives (or at least their cleaning routines).

One fellow member exclaimed, 'Seriously, these are the best brooms ever!' while another shared, 'I love mine. It will lose some straw dust for the first week or so, but once that passes, it’s brilliant! Picks up everything.'

Yet another added, 'Best thing I ever bought, and better than any other broom I’ve owned,' and another commented, 'I have one too. A quick sweep is all it takes every night to wake up with clean floors. It is very cost efficient too.'

Not just for their effectiveness and affordability, these brooms also earned high praise from those with back issues or limited mobility.

A group member shared, 'You just hold it in one hand. You don’t need two hands like a conventional broom.'

Another chimed in with, 'These Asian broomsticks don’t get enough credit! So easy to use and easy on the back. I’ve found I don’t need to vacuum anywhere near as much, it's so easy.'

Vacuuming is often the go-to for keeping your home spotless, but it isn't your only option. It turns out there are numerous alternatives to help you keep your home clean and healthy without the need for regular vacuuming.

Hand-held Straw Broom​

One of the most popular alternatives to vacuuming is the simple hand-held straw broom. The brush is soft enough to get into tight corners but picks up everything that lies in its path – saving you some valuable vacuuming time.

Damp Mop​

Sweeping and mopping your floors regularly will help remove most of the dirt from your floors, and it's best to use a microfibre mop rather than a traditional mop if you want expert results. This type of mop will act like a magnet, attracting dirt, dust and hair without leaving behind scratches.

Steam Cleaner​

Carpet steam cleaners are designed to give carpets a deep clean, but they can also be used to suck up dirt, dust and pet hair with ease. With a powerful motor and a large water tank, you can clean your carpets in a fraction of the time it would take to vacuum them.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie homeowner has shared a $5 cleaning buy that can cut vacuuming time in half.
  • The small hand-held straw broom is available at most Asian grocery stores and has gained popularity among Australian moms.
  • Users have praised the broom for its effectiveness in picking up debris and its versatility in cleaning various surfaces.
  • The broom is also considered cost-efficient and easy on the back, making it a popular choice for quick and efficient household cleaning.
We at the Seniors Discount Club are excited to share this incredible $5 find. Who would ever have thought that such a straightforward and affordable tool could have such a significant impact on our cleaning routines and help us save our backs in the process?

The next time you find yourself wandering through the aisles of your local Asian grocery store, be sure to keep an eye out for this seemingly humble little straw broom. It may revolutionise the way you clean and free up more time for what's truly important in life. So why not give it a try and let us know how it works for you? We're all ears!
Better known to some of us as the Amah's broom. House cleaners used them when we lived in Malaysia. They really are great

View attachment 20749

Hand-held Straw Broom​

Damp Mop​

Steam Cleaner​

Key Takeaways

View attachment 20749

Hand-held Straw Broom​

Damp Mop​

Steam Cleaner​

Key Takeaways

I bought one of those back from the Philippines in the ‘80s and i am still using it.

Reactions: Granny*Deb

View attachment 20749

Hand-held Straw Broom​

Damp Mop​

Steam Cleaner​

Key Takeaways

been using one for years... best ever... made from natural material.