Transform your Christmas tree into a stunner for just $4 with this Kmart trick!

As the holiday season approaches, everyone searches for affordable and creative ways to decorate their homes.

If you’re on a budget, this simple, cost-effective trick can transform your Christmas tree into a festive showstopper. The best part? It only costs $4 and requires minimal effort.

A savvy shopper from Brisbane shared her secret on a popular social media page, revealing a technique she's used for years to give her Christmas tree a full, vibrant look.

'If you string three baubles onto a pipe cleaner—green for regular trees, white for flocked trees. It allows you to add clusters of baubles all over the tree really easily,' she wrote.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 133518.png
A savvy shopper revealed a cost-effective method to decorate a Christmas tree. Credit: Kmart Inspired Homes/Facebook

The process is simple, as she instructed: ‘string the baubles onto the pipe cleaner, twist the two tail ends around each other a few times to tightly bunch the baubles together, then use the loose tails of the pipe cleaner to secure the cluster to a tree branch’.

A pack of 70 pipe cleaners from Kmart only costs $4, and it's more than enough to cover a large tree. This clever method not only saves time on decorating but also reduces the need for a large number of decorations, saving you money.

According to the Kmart website, a pack of 70 Chenille Sticks costs $4.

The savvy shopper further explained her decorating process, saying she adds the clusters to her tree after threading ribbon through it first and then adding larger decorations.

'I do this as my second step after ribbon and use my plainer baubles for the clusters, then add fancier ones by themselves once the tree is more filled out,' she said. 'It saves so much time!'

The response to her hack was overwhelmingly positive, with hundreds of others embracing the idea and expressing their excitement to try it out.

'This is genius! Thank you for sharing your brilliance!' one person commented. 'How [...] good, and look at your tree—stunning!' complimented another.

‘I love this! Fantastic idea,’ a third person wrote.

The original poster also suggested mixing up the sizes and colours of the baubles in each cluster for an even more eye-catching effect.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 134819.png
Other homeowners tried this method in their Christmas tree decoration. Credit: Kmart Inspired Homes/Facebook

Those who had already tried her trick agreed that it was the best way to decorate a tree. They said they’d never do it any other way after testing it.

'Just did this, and it works like a treat! I’m only halfway done decorating my tree, too,' one impressed person wrote.

'I did that this year, looks better,' added another.

Others who had tried the hack suggested that fishing line, garden wire, and ribbon also work well to cluster the baubles together.

A social media user demonstrated this method in a video:

Remember, decorating your Christmas tree should be a fun and enjoyable process. Don't be afraid to experiment and let your creativity shine.

And if you have other tricks or ideas for Christmas decor, don’t forget to post them in our Craft Corner Forum!

Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart fan has shared a simple, affordable method for decorating a Christmas tree using pipe cleaners and baubles.
  • By stringing three baubles onto a pipe cleaner, this creates a cluster of decorations that can be easily secured to a tree branch.
  • This decorating trick saves time and is cost-effective, as it does not require many decorations.
  • The post received positive feedback from hundreds of people, with many vowing to use the method for their own Christmas trees.

Are you ready to try this $4 Kmart trick and transform your Christmas tree? Share your experiences and any other decorating tips you might have in the comments below. Happy decorating!

Sponsored