Transform your car into a cosy bedroom with Kmart’s innovative camping gear

Kmart has once again proven why it's a favourite among shoppers, especially those with a penchant for camping.

The retail giant has recently introduced an innovative product that allows you to convert the back seat of your car into a comfortable bed, making it an instant hit among those who love the great outdoors.

The Multifunctional Travel Air Mattress, priced at just $35, is a game-changer that offers a new level of convenience and comfort.

It's perfect for those spontaneous camping trips where you want to keep things simple and avoid the hassle of setting up a tent.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 103045.png
Multifunctional Travel Air Mattress, $35. Source: Kmart

One Kmart shopper has hailed it as the 'best Kmart camping purchase'.

She shared her experience with the product, saying, 'If you like camping, then you need this Kmart inflatable car mattress. I feel like car camping is all the rage right now.'

The mattress is easy to set up. All you need to do is inflate it, place the inflatable foot wells in, and position it on the back seats.

The shopper added, 'This mattress means I no longer need to build out my car to sleep in it, making camping trips even easier.'

The mattress is not only convenient but also comfortable. She rated it three and a half out of five for comfort, adding that it seemed super durable and didn't deflate overnight.

The best part? It fits in both large four-wheel drives and small hatchbacks, making it a versatile camping accessory.

‘It fits in larger four-wheel drives, and it even fits in my tiny Hyundai i30,’ she added.

The Kmart backseat mattress is also a great option for solo campers who prefer the safety of sleeping in their car.

'I use a tent and swag, too, but if I’m going on solo trips, I feel safer sleeping in my car!' she admitted.

Other shoppers have suggested that the mattress would be perfect for music festivals or weekends away. One exclaimed, 'Wow, had no idea they had them. How awesome!'

Another customer left a review on the Kmart website: ‘Very easy to inflate as well as deflate. Fits in my Corolla, but used in my husband's Kluger for a bit more space.’

A third person stated they use it for a different purpose: ‘I use this for my dogs in the back seat of my wagon. I deflated the pillow so the dogs could get in, and it works perfectly.’

You can watch a review here:

Source: @earthtokesh/Tiktok​

Kmart is now the only retailer to release camping products. This month, ALDI also announced a sale on their camping and caravaning essentials. You can check the available items here.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart is selling a Multifunctional Travel Air Mattress for $35, exciting camping enthusiasts.
  • A shopper shared a video on social media, touting the mattress as the 'best Kmart camping purchase.'
  • The inflatable mattress is versatile, fitting in both 4WD vehicles and smaller cars like a Hyundai i30.
  • It's being recommended for solo campers and could be ideal for use at music festivals or short getaways.

Do you love camping or road trips, members? Share your experiences in the comments below!

Reactions: Liag and LeslieD
Sponsored
Have been around for quite a while, as have other (like foldable) option. My problem: They are only about 1.30 m or 5 ft long, I am 5.11. Even now in my bigger car I cant sleep across the seats, at least not "comfortable"!

Reactions: elaine41
Have been around for quite a while, as have other (like foldable) option. My problem: They are only about 1.30 m or 5 ft long, I am 5.11. Even now in my bigger car I cant sleep across the seats, at least not "comfortable"!
I agree. I could not stretch out across my car to sleep comfortably. I lay my seats down (after pushing front seats as far forward as possible), air mattress, sleeping bag & I'm a happy little bug in a rug (or sleeping bag).

Reactions: DLHM