Skipton

Feb 2, 2022
Tradition!

Seamus worked his whole life in Dublin and upon retiring decided to leave
the hustle and bustle of the city for a quiet village on the west coast of Ireland.
Now Seamus was the the first outsider to move into the village
that any of the town folk could remember.
So, of course they were all curious about his comings and goings and all his habits.
One they couldn’t help noticing is that every time he ordered a pint in the pub,
it was never a single pint but always three, and that he drank all three by himself.
Everyone was curious. Why three when one would do? So, one day Mike, the innkeeper, asked Seamus,
“Why is it always three pints Seamus? I’d pour you another when you finish one.”
“Ah, you noticed me habit have ya? Well I’ll tell you why, I have two brothers.
One left to go off to America and the other was transported to Australia.
However, before they left, I promised that whenever I had a pint,
I’d order one for each of them. And that way, I’m always having a drink with me brothers.”
Now the villagers thought that was a grand answer and would often buy pints for Seamus
and his brothers. However, one gloomy February day, Seamus comes into the pub and only orders two pints.
Two pints! Something must have happened to one of the brothers.
So, Mike upon serving Seamus his two pints says
“I’m mighty sorry for your loss, Seamus.” Seamus looks puzzled and said
“And what loss is that?” “Well,” Mike replied, “you only ordered two pints.
So, I figured one of your brothers has passed.” “I see.” said Seamus,
“Well, you’ll be glad to know that both me brothers are alive and in fine health. As for me,
I’ve given up beer for Lent.”