Today Show host’s emotional message after his daughter's year 12 exams

As any parent knows, watching your children grow up and achieve their goals is an emotional rollercoaster.

One minute you're drying their tears and nursing their scraped knees, and before you realise it, they're getting ready to walk down the aisle or head off to university. It really does happen in the blink of an eye!

Today Show presenter, Karl Stefanovic, experienced this moment first-hand recently as he became emotional over his eldest daughter’s year 12 exams.

Today Show presenters Karl Stefanovic and co-host Ally Langdon were speaking about the difficulties some students in Victoria are facing as they deal with or recover from the state’s flood crisis.

But before moving on to the next segment, proud father Karl took a moment to give a shout-out to his eldest daughter, Ava Willow.

karl.JPG
Karl’s emotional moment was captured on-air. Credit: News.com.au

In an emotional moment that was captured live on-air, Stefanovic spoke about his eldest daughter Ava Willow and expressed pride in her achievements.

‘I’m going to do an embarrassing dad thing,’ he said.

‘My daughter Ava is in year 12, and she’s almost finished her HSC,’ he said during Friday’s live show.

‘I just want to say how proud I am of her because she’s really done incredibly well.’ Karl said, while visibly choking back a few tears.

The proud dad also mentioned that he’s watched his daughter do all the work, and the way she’s dealt with the pressures and stress of studying. ‘It makes my heart sing,’ he said.

Karl then said ‘I love you’ to his daughter as he delivered his touching message. Tears swelled up in his eyes and Karl took a moment to collect himself before continuing the program.

karl and ava.JPG
Karl with his eldest daughter, Ava. Credit: News.com.au

‘Oh jeez… okay. I’m ready to go,’ Mr Stefanovic said while his co-presenter, Ally, patted him on the shoulder. She called the moment ‘beautiful’ before returning to her seat.

Karl Stefanovic also broke down last June just before Ava’s high school formal, an occasion he posted about on Instagram.

‘Dads v Formals. Instagram v Real world,’ he jokingly captioned. Well, it seems that this has been an emotional year for the dad-of-four!

The Higher School Certificate (HSC) is the highest educational award children can achieve at secondary school in Australia.

You can watch Karl’s emotional message below:

Key Takeaways

• Today Show presenter Karl Stefanovic was brought to tears as he spoke about his daughter in an emotional moment captured live on-air.
  • Karl Stefanovic and co-host Ally Langdon were discussing the difficulties some Victorian students are facing as they deal with or recover from the state’s flood crisis.
  • Before they moved on to the next segment, the proud father gave an emotional shout-out to his eldest daughter, Ava Willow.
  • Tears swelled in the experienced presenter's eyes and his voice broke as he delivered the touching tribute.
  • This year has been an emotional one for the father-of-four, as he proudly watched Ava complete her final year of school.
That was a touching story, wouldn’t you agree, members? It is normal for parents to feel a sense of pride when sharing a moment of their child's life with others. Graduations, proms, and even just a child doing something as simple as reading out loud are all wonderful occasions to be celebrated.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you know this feeling all too well? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
My son was a little sh*t at school. He could have so easily aced it and been dux but somehow always managed to be second or third. When I questioned him about it he said he did it on purpose, he didn't want the added pressure to always perform, It was so frustrating for us, his parents as we knew he had a good brain, still, it all worked out for him with his degrees in bio physics, chemistry, meteorology and oceanography, a masters in science communication and his dream job.:)

I know the feeling My youngest is doing her HSC exams now. She has 2 more exams left but she is not feeling pressured as she got an early offer for uni , for nursing she wants to be a midwife.
I've had kids who have tried and got good marks but 4 if my 13 hated school.

I have
1 x nurse ...she works in the operating theatre

1 x going to be a midwife

2 x primary school teachers

1 x deputy principal

1 x PE / History high school teacher

1 x history/ religion high school teacher

1 x geriatric nurse...

1 x builder

1 x McDonald's manager / police officer
She worked for maccas , went to uni got a bachelor of policing. Then had a baby and will now use her degree to do other work rather than a policewoman

1 x very successful commercial property agent

1 x social worker mostly for abused kids

My son was a little sh*t at school. He could have so easily aced it and been dux but somehow always managed to be second or third. When I questioned him about it he said he did it on purpose, he didn't want the added pressure to always perform, It was so frustrating for us, his parents as we knew he had a good brain, still, it all worked out for him with his degrees in bio physics, chemistry, meteorology and oceanography, a masters in science communication and his dream job.:)
I too was a bit like that my mother got so frustrated with me because I wouldn't study but still got great marks she used to say if you studied you would get 100 percent

As any parent knows, watching your children grow up and achieve their goals is an emotional rollercoaster.

One minute you're drying their tears and nursing their scraped knees, and before you realise it, they're getting ready to walk down the aisle or head off to university. It really does happen in the blink of an eye!

Today Show presenter, Karl Stefanovic, experienced this moment first-hand recently as he became emotional over his eldest daughter’s year 12 exams.

Today Show presenters Karl Stefanovic and co-host Ally Langdon were speaking about the difficulties some students in Victoria are facing as they deal with or recover from the state’s flood crisis.

But before moving on to the next segment, proud father Karl took a moment to give a shout-out to his eldest daughter, Ava Willow.

View attachment 7699
Karl’s emotional moment was captured on-air. Credit: News.com.au

In an emotional moment that was captured live on-air, Stefanovic spoke about his eldest daughter Ava Willow and expressed pride in her achievements.

‘I’m going to do an embarrassing dad thing,’ he said.

‘My daughter Ava is in year 12, and she’s almost finished her HSC,’ he said during Friday’s live show.

‘I just want to say how proud I am of her because she’s really done incredibly well.’ Karl said, while visibly choking back a few tears.

The proud dad also mentioned that he’s watched his daughter do all the work, and the way she’s dealt with the pressures and stress of studying. ‘It makes my heart sing,’ he said.

Karl then said ‘I love you’ to his daughter as he delivered his touching message. Tears swelled up in his eyes and Karl took a moment to collect himself before continuing the program.

View attachment 7698
Karl with his eldest daughter, Ava. Credit: News.com.au

‘Oh jeez… okay. I’m ready to go,’ Mr Stefanovic said while his co-presenter, Ally, patted him on the shoulder. She called the moment ‘beautiful’ before returning to her seat.

Karl Stefanovic also broke down last June just before Ava’s high school formal, an occasion he posted about on Instagram.

‘Dads v Formals. Instagram v Real world,’ he jokingly captioned. Well, it seems that this has been an emotional year for the dad-of-four!

The Higher School Certificate (HSC) is the highest educational award children can achieve at secondary school in Australia.

You can watch Karl’s emotional message below:

Key Takeaways

• Today Show presenter Karl Stefanovic was brought to tears as he spoke about his daughter in an emotional moment captured live on-air.
  • Karl Stefanovic and co-host Ally Langdon were discussing the difficulties some Victorian students are facing as they deal with or recover from the state’s flood crisis.
  • Before they moved on to the next segment, the proud father gave an emotional shout-out to his eldest daughter, Ava Willow.
  • Tears swelled in the experienced presenter's eyes and his voice broke as he delivered the touching tribute.
  • This year has been an emotional one for the father-of-four, as he proudly watched Ava complete her final year of school.
That was a touching story, wouldn’t you agree, members? It is normal for parents to feel a sense of pride when sharing a moment of their child's life with others. Graduations, proms, and even just a child doing something as simple as reading out loud are all wonderful occasions to be celebrated.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you know this feeling all too well? Let us know in the comments below!

I am invigilating HSC exams now and I understand what the kids and parents are going through! Good luck to all the HSC children.

I know the feeling My youngest is doing her HSC exams now. She has 2 more exams left but she is not feeling pressured as she got an early offer for uni , for nursing she wants to be a midwife.
I've had kids who have tried and got good marks but 4 if my 13 hated school.

I have
1 x nurse ...she works in the operating theatre

1 x going to be a midwife

2 x primary school teachers

1 x deputy principal

1 x PE / History high school teacher

1 x history/ religion high school teacher

1 x geriatric nurse...

1 x builder

1 x McDonald's manager / police officer
She worked for maccas , went to uni got a bachelor of policing. Then had a baby and will now use her degree to do other work rather than a policewoman

1 x very successful commercial property agent

1 x social worker mostly for abused kids

You must be very proud of your brood, & rightly so. They all have great careers & have set themselves up for life.
Congratulations to them for their achievements & to you & your husband, their parents.

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci