SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jarred Santos

Jarred Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2022
Today hosts slam Meghan Markle after her Variety interview: ‘She’s making it hard for herself’

The name ‘Meghan Markle’ evokes many things.

Some view the former-actress-turned-royal as a shining example of a modern woman: outspoken, fearless, and independent.

Others, however, would disagree — and that’s putting it very lightly.

Ever since she came into focus as Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan has been the subject of frequent headlines criticising her every move.

In this latest instalment of a long series of things she apparently did wrong, one TV host has again set her eyes on Meghan after her recent interview with Variety magazine, where she talked about many things, including her grief over Queen Elizabeth II’s death, and her future plans about her acting career.

Meghan.png
Meghan Markle graced Variety for a feature article on her latest affairs. Credit: Variety

In one part, Meghan spoke about how she would want to be portrayed in a film or TV show about her life.

‘I haven't given that much thought, to be honest. It's all weird. You have to compartmentalise. Anyone talking about me or casting an actor to play me, that will be a caricature of me that has been created for a business that makes people a lot of money,’ she said.

‘Once you can separate that out, it's much easier to go: “OK. That actually has nothing to do with me.” It genuinely doesn't. It's a hard lesson to come to grips with.’

She added, ‘I hope that in preparing for that role, (the actress) finds the softness and the playfulness and the laughter. The silliness. I just hope she finds the dimensions. Also, she can call me!’

Today host Allison 'Ally' Langdon couldn't help but scoff after hearing what Meghan had said, referring to the Duchess of Sussex's statements as 'making it hard for herself' in reaction to Daily Mirror royal editor Russell Myers’ retelling of the interview.

Screenshot_1.png
Ally and Karl shared a few laughs at Meghan’s expense over her magazine interview. Credit: YouTube/TODAY

At this point, Ally interrupted him with an exasperated sigh, saying: 'Hang on... so she is saying, "When someone is going to play as me, I will counsel them as to who I am and how to portray (me)... come on!'

Ally's co-host Karl Stefanovic, who laughed during Ally’s and Russell’s exchange, also took a shot at Meghan through her cover photos for Variety.

‘I thought she looked like a dodgy bikie tattoo,’ he said

Ally for her part took a more neutral path: ‘Oh, no, that’s too far — that’s a stunning shot.’

Karl being classic Karl, he responded: 'It looks like it is on someone's bicep... it’s someone's mum tattooed on their shoulder'

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).png
Karl Stefanovic said Meghan looked like a ‘dodgy bikie tattoo’ in her Variety shoot. Credit: Variety

‘I can’t say that’s what I saw, but now that you said it, that’s all I’ll be able to think about,’ an amused Ally said.

Still on the topic of TV roles, Meghan, a former cast member of TV show Suits, has also ruled out a future return to the screen — at least, for now.

‘No. I’m done. I guess never say never, but my intention is to absolutely not,’ she said.

Key Takeaways

• Today show host Allison Langdon says Meghan Markle 'makes things hard for herself' after another interview.
  • The Duchess of Sussex said she'd want whoever plays her in the future to find the 'softness', 'playfulness', and 'the laughter' in her life.
  • Co-host Karl Stefanovic also said Meghan looked like a 'dodgy bikie tattoo' in her photos.
  • Meghan also said she isn't planning on making a return to television anytime soon.
Everyone paying attention to news about the royal family would know that Ally and Karl are quite vocal critics of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Early last September, the pair branded Meghan and her husband Prince Harry ‘D-grade celebrities’ over rumours that then-Queen Elizabeth II was becoming frustrated over Meghan’s critique of the royal family.

Karl also caused quite a stir when he aired his doubts that Meghan really cried during the Queen’s funeral, leaving some to call his comments ‘tasteless’.

What is your reaction to Meghan’s latest interview? Do you think her wanting to have more say in her possible portrayal in the future is ridiculous? Or is it her right to want to do so?

Do share your comments and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/TODAY

Today hosts slam Meghan Markle after her Variety interview: ‘She’s making it hard for herself’

The name ‘Meghan Markle’ evokes many things.

Some view the former-actress-turned-royal as a shining example of a modern woman: outspoken, fearless, and independent.

Others, however, would disagree — and that’s putting it very lightly.

Ever since she came into focus as Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan has been the subject of frequent headlines criticising her every move.

In this latest instalment of a long series of things she apparently did wrong, one TV host has again set her eyes on Meghan after her recent interview with Variety magazine, where she talked about many things, including her grief over Queen Elizabeth II’s death, and her future plans about her acting career.

View attachment 7579
Meghan Markle graced Variety for a feature article on her latest affairs. Credit: Variety

In one part, Meghan spoke about how she would want to be portrayed in a film or TV show about her life.

‘I haven't given that much thought, to be honest. It's all weird. You have to compartmentalise. Anyone talking about me or casting an actor to play me, that will be a caricature of me that has been created for a business that makes people a lot of money,’ she said.

‘Once you can separate that out, it's much easier to go: “OK. That actually has nothing to do with me.” It genuinely doesn't. It's a hard lesson to come to grips with.’

She added, ‘I hope that in preparing for that role, (the actress) finds the softness and the playfulness and the laughter. The silliness. I just hope she finds the dimensions. Also, she can call me!’

Today host Allison 'Ally' Langdon couldn't help but scoff after hearing what Meghan had said, referring to the Duchess of Sussex's statements as 'making it hard for herself' in reaction to Daily Mirror royal editor Russell Myers’ retelling of the interview.

View attachment 7578
Ally and Karl shared a few laughs at Meghan’s expense over her magazine interview. Credit: YouTube/TODAY

At this point, Ally interrupted him with an exasperated sigh, saying: 'Hang on... so she is saying, "When someone is going to play as me, I will counsel them as to who I am and how to portray (me)... come on!'

Ally's co-host Karl Stefanovic, who laughed during Ally’s and Russell’s exchange, also took a shot at Meghan through her cover photos for Variety.

‘I thought she looked like a dodgy bikie tattoo,’ he said

Ally for her part took a more neutral path: ‘Oh, no, that’s too far — that’s a stunning shot.’

Karl being classic Karl, he responded: 'It looks like it is on someone's bicep... it’s someone's mum tattooed on their shoulder'

View attachment 7577
Karl Stefanovic said Meghan looked like a ‘dodgy bikie tattoo’ in her Variety shoot. Credit: Variety

‘I can’t say that’s what I saw, but now that you said it, that’s all I’ll be able to think about,’ an amused Ally said.

Still on the topic of TV roles, Meghan, a former cast member of TV show Suits, has also ruled out a future return to the screen — at least, for now.

‘No. I’m done. I guess never say never, but my intention is to absolutely not,’ she said.

Key Takeaways

• Today show host Allison Langdon says Meghan Markle 'makes things hard for herself' after another interview.
  • The Duchess of Sussex said she'd want whoever plays her in the future to find the 'softness', 'playfulness', and 'the laughter' in her life.
  • Co-host Karl Stefanovic also said Meghan looked like a 'dodgy bikie tattoo' in her photos.
  • Meghan also said she isn't planning on making a return to television anytime soon.
Everyone paying attention to news about the royal family would know that Ally and Karl are quite vocal critics of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Early last September, the pair branded Meghan and her husband Prince Harry ‘D-grade celebrities’ over rumours that then-Queen Elizabeth II was becoming frustrated over Meghan’s critique of the royal family.

Karl also caused quite a stir when he aired his doubts that Meghan really cried during the Queen’s funeral, leaving some to call his comments ‘tasteless’.

What is your reaction to Meghan’s latest interview? Do you think her wanting to have more say in her possible portrayal in the future is ridiculous? Or is it her right to want to do so?

Do share your comments and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/TODAY

Meghan Markle is full of herself; very presumptuous to predict that anyone would want to portray her. She is so self-absorbed and so self-righteous. Personally I have no time for her. I fail to see what Harry sees in her! I think she is ug…, er, not attractive in the least! I also firmly believe she is completely responsible for Harry leaving the Firm.

Reactions: Leenie
These two get far too much attention,in my opinion. They simply aren’t worth peoples time. Two very spoiled,rude,whiney,over privileged brats polishing each other’s halos and trying to project how perfectly perfect they are in their perfectly perfect world that they’ve created for themselves by selling lies and innuendo about a family they want nothing to do with. *yawn* shut up,Harry and Megs. You’re boring brats.

• Haha
Reactions: Leenie and Nardia
These two get far too much attention,in my opinion. They simply aren’t worth peoples time. Two very spoiled,rude,whiney,over privileged brats polishing each other’s halos and trying to project how perfectly perfect they are in their perfectly perfect world that they’ve created for themselves by selling lies and innuendo about a family they want nothing to do with. *yawn* shut up,Harry and Megs. You’re boring brats.
I disagree with everything you have said! Why do you, and Ally and Karl, jump straight in to voice your nasty comments whenever her name is mentioned?!

If Meghan had done anything good since marrying into the royal family, I'd be the first one cheering. But after that woeful abusive interview (that even Oprah is doing her best to backpedal away from), and then to continue on complaining and moaning... caught out in further lies.. who would believe a thing she said?? And to see her peddling her wears in photoshoots for these glossy magazines (in very suggestive poses, nothing modest or regal about them at all) makes you think...where was all that talk about all the humanitarian work they were going to do, but realising that's all H&M are good for... just blah blah talk..no action or reality any more!! If it's not about MEghan, then the speech is not about anything (maybe about her sitting at the table, being worthy to sit at the table, keeping the place card from the table, it was such an inspiring story...who else heard her speech about independent women on 1 young world??? 🤣).... at least she should take some lessons in making a speech.... oh no, that's right, Meghan knows it all already (like a rebellious 16yr old!!) All I can say is than God Harry IS only the Spare!!!

Reactions: Leenie and maxesmum