Today’s Ally Langdon leaves co-hosts in tears over a naughty blunder ‘I nearly spat my coffee everywhere!’

If there’s one thing that we love about Aussie media, it’s that they are relatable — particularly when it comes to having awkward slip of the tongue moments and laughing it off. After all, we’re only human at the end of the day.

Today host Ally Langdon was no exception when she accidentally muttered a racy comment during her show.

Ally was discussing the latest news on American football when she mistakenly referred to the San Francisco 49ers as the ‘69ers’. The number is a slang term referring to a sexual position. The blunder left her co-host Karl Stefanovic and newsreader Alex Cullen in stitches.

‘Can I just bring everyone up to date about what Karl and Alex got up to yesterday? Because I assume we leave here in the morning then we all go home and parent our children, that's what I do,’ she started.

Referencing Karl and Alex she added, ‘It would seem they did neither of those things yesterday.’

‘They were watching some footy game in America: the Rams vs the San Francisco 69ers.’ she proudly exclaimed.

GiABUxT6uzd3_gj2e9SKe-Dk-9Dp-0GsXKCnXqA17SwbXVE0R4KCgre6o-Qt1H3Mw91KBxJqefs5FrlDU9CyU5YcTBZF2EuRlelF1tmmTRw7LdHLM4KCgRWiIaK4JMEivxS44FzQ8qWyQdBpNA8Z83Aflh8pxMc_UlgBt19UxUYTUYi81TP4IPKBlA
Pxln-eLhnjiLqwoweXQBJbuVmGUwYmQXYsGBUdGWoryV9tvlog2SZk-PwMkJJ747uOXvUGmznZDQBeoJzmf1e8LeXO8xZQ-vloPaK9ESfJZ-4u1_4iYBUOyoirK_97CfJpsaCLUIcaKngcg27GFxBUM6jyeczBKX6UQuO4NCjgSrEaT7v2f3QeSd1A
ypDIqeCpScR2ou3NsaOmFLPYVsGXM3w5hj_mPPR-OxsrZc_t8IaK86UpAr00hx6YprFcwibUSBC2LpqcKd9nObB4k5QbzURDKDyHoy3NvWM5cqC8p_sgS6yce4Lx6gcSA7p_aB-SJqmA7K51SMKaMiT7nldjcH2EbmE_P9iw6Qu8UJpof5-DEFLWLg

Each Today host’s hilarious reaction to the slip-up. Source: Youtube

Karl and Alex were stunned by the Freudian slip before laughing uncontrollably. Thankfully, they all saw the funny side of it pretty quickly (we would too if we were in their shoes!) and had a good chuckle over Ally's mistake.

Allison quickly realised what she said and burst into laughter as Alex clarified, ‘The 49ers!’

‘That sounds much more interesting!’ Karl teased.

‘Yes, a lot of people might pay to see that.’ Alex chimed.

‘That's what we were doing?’ Karl questioned. ‘That's much harder to explain to your wife!’

‘The 49ers did win!’ Alex added.

The Today Show Instagram account shared the video with the caption, ‘The San Francisco what…’ along with a blushing and laughing emoji.

‘Let’s get some sport now with Ally!’ Karl commented.

-33bkNAnmaoHsWHvYjY2KxuXXTEFvlpQoy3-u4RTWqsPHAtAbf_JMb6MTF2bhbU2mjtkHU9piFbWtkiEeMC-IVTxdijCs9WK_bxSRf2BvXrxqjAhFtonzrWG5d9rv9lhiUbYsHe1FGqQcbm6RUZklfrq_1UFU-Ryt6R-N_Qk_K8QuUvCRAa0nQw60A

Ally struggled to recover after the mistake. Source: Youtube

‘Watching the San Francisco 69’ers OnlyFans account again.’ one user joked.

‘Ally makes American football interesting.’ another added.

‘I nearly spat my coffee everywhere, Ally.’ a third wrote, while a fourth said: ‘I choked on my Weet-Bix.’

‘Ally, you are absolutely fabulous!’ one more said.

Watch the funny blooper below:

Source: @Australian TV Fan

Sponsored