Elvenwishes

Jul 5, 2023
Tip Trips

My late Dad and I use to go to the tip to dump the garden waste and other rubbish. This one day my dad found Italian tiles in boxes unopened, my Dad being an artistic kinda guy picked them up and while putting them in the trailer found more this time larger ones so they went in the trailer also. I then went looking to see if I could find anything but all I saw was broken junk. We got home unpacked the trailer and Dad sorted them and went about making my Mum a table from metal and glass and then another one with the tiles. He also had enough to tile the back room floor and laundry and the toilet. We still have the tables and of course the floors. But he did miss out on a go kart that another man took which was a blessing as I am the only child and a female... But those were the days when you could look through the tip now it is so regimented that nothing is salvageable...

Join the conversation

News, deals, games, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else
  • We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×