This woman's dad had an affair with her sister-in-law and she just found out

Having to deal with an affair is hard enough as it is. The threads holding a family together start to unravel, and soon it becomes a complicated web of disaster.

That’s exactly what happened to this 24-year-old woman, who recently discovered that her father was cheating on her mother. The other woman?

It was none other than her sister-in-law.

The woman took to Reddit, a popular social media site, to air out her concerns and ask for advice regarding her situation.

In her post, she said that she has suspected her father of cheating on her mum for a while now.

‘My mum and dad have been married for 37 years,’ she said.

‘There’s been accusations and things that haven’t added up for a long time, but yesterday my brother was on his wife’s Facebook and the messages from our dad started flooding in,’ she explained.

cheat1.JPG
The woman shared her concerns over social media. Credit: Timur Weber in Pexels

She added that her sister-in-law has cheated on her brother at least 10 other times. Her brother is 27 years old and has been diagnosed with autism and extreme anxiety.

However, the daughter shared that her main concern was ‘breaking her mother’s heart’.

‘Now that I know it’s completely true and happening, I’m scared to death to tell her,’ she said.

She admitted that she knows she has to but is a little lost on ‘how to go about’ telling her mum.

‘She’s my best friend,’ she wrote.

Of course, users flooded the comments to write their thoughts on the matter – most of them were horrified to read such a scandalous reveal.

‘Wow, how awful. Your dad and SIL (sister-in-law) have been selfish and haven’t considered all the destruction this will cause,’ wrote one person.

cheat2.JPG
The 24-year-old daughter said she’s scared to tell her mum about her dad’s affair. Credit: Cottonbro studio in Pexels

‘That is gross, like soul-crushing,’ added another.

‘Wow what a wonderful parent – NOT,’ a third sarcastically wrote.

Others tried helping the woman with her problem by giving solid, actionable advice.

‘This is going to blow up the family but your mum needs to know,’ offered someone.

Another user told the original poster to ‘find a quiet setting and tell her, bring the evidence as well’.

A second wrote: ‘Well that is going to explode multiple families, but your mum and brother deserve to know.’

Another said: ‘Maybe do some work to find some counsellors your mum can talk to – or a lawyer to manage the divorce.’

In a surprising update, the daughter said that her brother is now taking his wife’s and their dad’s side.

Although she attributes this to her brother’s mental state. ‘He is easily manipulated and gaslit,’ she wrote.

Finally, she thanked everyone for their advice and concerns.

‘I appreciate all of the advice and support from everyone.’ She also said that she’s not entirely sure what will happen to their family from now on,

As of writing, the original Reddit post could no longer be found.

Key Takeaways

• A daughter has taken to Reddit to ask for advice after she discovered her father was having an affair with her brother's wife.
  • Many Reddit users were horrified by the situation and advised the daughter to tell her mother as soon as possible.
  • The daughter later updated the post to say that her brother was taking his wife's and father's side in the situation.
  • She said that this may be because her brother is ‘easily manipulated’ due to his mental state.
What are your thoughts on this story, members? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
Sadly the daughter might be the one out castered.
Maybe the dad and sister inlaw will convince the mum that she is causing trouble.
But she needs to tell her mum and just maybe she might already suspect it.

If the sister inlaw has cheated 10 times then they need to get the brother away from her .
I would confront both the sister inlaw and father while recording the conversation on my phone.

Very messy situation, but you really need to tell your mum and she probably already suspects something is going on but with whom no idea. Collect all the evidence you can find and go away maybe for a mum daughter weekend and tell her. Don't envy that but if it were me I would want to know so I could get rid of the pair of them from the family. The brother also needs a lot of help dealing with this and the proof for him needs to be soooooooo strong she can't get out of it. Good luck.

Reactions: Ricci
Why does everyone seem to suffer the compulsion to air their family's dirty linen in public? There is no way I would tell a soul what is going on in my life and to be truthful I'm not really interested in hearing their sordid little intrigues either. ;)

Having to deal with an affair is hard enough as it is. The threads holding a family together start to unravel, and soon it becomes a complicated web of disaster.

That’s exactly what happened to this 24-year-old woman, who recently discovered that her father was cheating on her mother. The other woman?

It was none other than her sister-in-law.

The woman took to Reddit, a popular social media site, to air out her concerns and ask for advice regarding her situation.

In her post, she said that she has suspected her father of cheating on her mum for a while now.

‘My mum and dad have been married for 37 years,’ she said.

‘There’s been accusations and things that haven’t added up for a long time, but yesterday my brother was on his wife’s Facebook and the messages from our dad started flooding in,’ she explained.

View attachment 8517
The woman shared her concerns over social media. Credit: Timur Weber in Pexels

She added that her sister-in-law has cheated on her brother at least 10 other times. Her brother is 27 years old and has been diagnosed with autism and extreme anxiety.

However, the daughter shared that her main concern was ‘breaking her mother’s heart’.

‘Now that I know it’s completely true and happening, I’m scared to death to tell her,’ she said.

She admitted that she knows she has to but is a little lost on ‘how to go about’ telling her mum.

‘She’s my best friend,’ she wrote.

Of course, users flooded the comments to write their thoughts on the matter – most of them were horrified to read such a scandalous reveal.

‘Wow, how awful. Your dad and SIL (sister-in-law) have been selfish and haven’t considered all the destruction this will cause,’ wrote one person.

View attachment 8518
The 24-year-old daughter said she’s scared to tell her mum about her dad’s affair. Credit: Cottonbro studio in Pexels

‘That is gross, like soul-crushing,’ added another.

‘Wow what a wonderful parent – NOT,’ a third sarcastically wrote.

Others tried helping the woman with her problem by giving solid, actionable advice.

‘This is going to blow up the family but your mum needs to know,’ offered someone.

Another user told the original poster to ‘find a quiet setting and tell her, bring the evidence as well’.

A second wrote: ‘Well that is going to explode multiple families, but your mum and brother deserve to know.’

Another said: ‘Maybe do some work to find some counsellors your mum can talk to – or a lawyer to manage the divorce.’

In a surprising update, the daughter said that her brother is now taking his wife’s and their dad’s side.

Although she attributes this to her brother’s mental state. ‘He is easily manipulated and gaslit,’ she wrote.

Finally, she thanked everyone for their advice and concerns.

‘I appreciate all of the advice and support from everyone.’ She also said that she’s not entirely sure what will happen to their family from now on,

As of writing, the original Reddit post could no longer be found.

Key Takeaways

• A daughter has taken to Reddit to ask for advice after she discovered her father was having an affair with her brother's wife.
  • Many Reddit users were horrified by the situation and advised the daughter to tell her mother as soon as possible.
  • The daughter later updated the post to say that her brother was taking his wife's and father's side in the situation.
  • She said that this may be because her brother is ‘easily manipulated’ due to his mental state.
What are your thoughts on this story, members? Let us know in the comments!
KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY SO DONT COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!