This woman’s $60 haircut left the internet ‘horrified’

Getting a bad haircut may not be a big deal for most people, but when you pay good money only to get sub-par service, it’s reasonable to feel outraged. Not only did you shell out hard-earned cash, but you’re left with something that takes a bit more time to fix.

Unfortunately, one woman had to live out this nightmare after going to her hairdresser – only to come out with a disastrous ‘do.

In a post on the social media forum Reddit, the woman shared photos of her post-cut disaster.

‘This is the haircut that I paid $60 for,’ she captioned the image.

Her long brunette hair fell smoothly around her face, however, the ends were uneven with very jagged ends – something she had paid an eye-watering $60 for.

hair1.jpg
The woman posted this photo online. Credit: Reddit

If you look closely, the uneven haircut stops right beside her collarbone. So, if she wants to fix this, she’d have to cut her hair shorter to make it even.

The photo went viral, as more than 18,000 people reacted to the post, and thousands shared their sentiments (and messages of moral support) to the woman.

‘Call me next time. I can do an equally s****y job for $40,’ one commented.

‘I’d f**k it up for free,’ someone else joked.

One wrote: ‘As a father who just cut my daughter’s hair after watching a YouTube video, I think you got screwed.’

This led other people to share their own stories about the time they messed up their own hair while trying to cut it.

‘I’ve been doing mine for about 6 years. I used to do my kids during the pandemic,’ someone shared.

While another replied that they also started cutting their own hair during the height of the pandemic. ‘Takes about 30 seconds of cutting and is easy to get into the right position. I would be surprised if I ever pay for a haircut again,’ they added.

‘I cut my girlfriend’s hair one time and it was the first time I ever did it and it came out good. She had straight, long hair but just a little longer. Looks like this person that cuts your hair was drunk,’ one suggested.

hair2.jpg
The back looks equally jagged. Credit: Reddit

However, others questioned why the woman didn’t say anything after the haircut.

In a recent update, the woman said she didn’t complain because the way the hairdresser blow-dried and styled her hair after the haircut made it look ‘not as bad’. ‘It wasn’t until I showered the next day that I realised just how bad it was. I definitely realised it wasn’t perfect when I was in the salon, but I didn’t think it was THIS bad.’

The woman also stated that she emailed the salon the same photos she posted and they offered her a refund plus a new haircut by a more experienced hairdresser.

‘I’m definitely taking the refund but I haven’t decided if I’ll let them try to fix it,’ the woman shared.

This comes after another Australian woman looking to spice up her pixie cut hairstyle was given a rude awakening when she saw the final result in the mirror.

The woman, Sharon, said all she wanted was a simple trim at her local hairdresser. She even brought with her a reference photo so that the stylist would know how she wanted her hair to look after the cut

In a video she uploaded to TikTok, she wrote: ‘Went for a trim so my hair would look like this,’ along with the reference picture of the hairstyle.

However, near the end of the video, Sharon was already crying and laughing at the same time while she revealed the result of her visit to her local hairdresser. You can read more details about this story here.

It seems like celebrities aren’t immune to bad hair days as well. Fans of American celebrity and star of the Netflix show Stranger Things Joe Keery were disappointed to see how the actor looked during a red carpet event.

hair3.jpg
The difference a bad haircut can make. Credit: Reddit

One fan said: ‘Take it from someone with a cowlick on their hairline, never get bangs like that.’

While another stated that no one can pull off ‘the bowl cut’. ‘I don’t care how hot you are, it's a universal downgrade,’ they added.

Someone else shared: ‘Went from Mr “Steal Your Girl” to Mr “Kidnap Your Daughter”.’
Key Takeaways
  • A woman shocked the internet by sharing a photo of a horrendous $60 haircut she received.
  • Many took to the comments section to express their horror and disbelief.
  • The woman took to the comments to explain why she didn't say anything in the salon.
  • She eventually took a refund from the salon and was deciding whether or not to let them try to ‘fix’ it.
Have you ever had a bad haircut before? How did you fix it? Tell us in the comments below!

• Sad
Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
Getting a bad haircut may not be a big deal for most people, but when you pay good money only to get sub-par service, it’s reasonable to feel outraged. Not only did you shell out hard-earned cash, but you’re left with something that takes a bit more time to fix.

Unfortunately, one woman had to live out this nightmare after going to her hairdresser – only to come out with a disastrous ‘do.

In a post on the social media forum Reddit, the woman shared photos of her post-cut disaster.

Her long brunette hair fell smoothly around her face, however, the ends were uneven with very jagged ends – something she had paid an eye-watering $60 for.

View attachment 15187

If you look closely, the uneven haircut stops right beside her collarbone. So, if she wants to fix this, she’d have to cut her hair shorter to make it even.

The photo went viral, as more than 18,000 people reacted to the post, and thousands shared their sentiments (and messages of moral support) to the woman.

One wrote: ‘As a father who just cut my daughter’s hair after watching a YouTube video, I think you got screwed.’

This led other people to share their own stories about the time they messed up their own hair while trying to cut it.

‘I’ve been doing mine for about 6 years. I used to do my kids during the pandemic,’ someone shared.

While another replied that they also started cutting their own hair during the height of the pandemic. ‘Takes about 30 seconds of cutting and is easy to get into the right position. I would be surprised if I ever pay for a haircut again,’ they added.

‘I cut my girlfriend’s hair one time and it was the first time I ever did it and it came out good. She had straight, long hair but just a little longer. Looks like this person that cuts your hair was drunk,’ one suggested.

View attachment 15188

In a recent update, the woman said she didn’t complain because the way the hairdresser blow-dried and styled her hair after the haircut made it look ‘not as bad’. ‘It wasn’t until I showered the next day that I realised just how bad it was. I definitely realised it wasn’t perfect when I was in the salon, but I didn’t think it was THIS bad.’

The woman also stated that she emailed the salon the same photos she posted and they offered her a refund plus a new haircut by a more experienced hairdresser.

‘I’m definitely taking the refund but I haven’t decided if I’ll let them try to fix it,’ the woman shared.

This comes after another Australian woman looking to spice up her pixie cut hairstyle was given a rude awakening when she saw the final result in the mirror.

The woman, Sharon, said all she wanted was a simple trim at her local hairdresser. She even brought with her a reference photo so that the stylist would know how she wanted her hair to look after the cut

In a video she uploaded to TikTok, she wrote: ‘Went for a trim so my hair would look like this,’ along with the reference picture of the hairstyle.

However, near the end of the video, Sharon was already crying and laughing at the same time while she revealed the result of her visit to her local hairdresser. You can read more details about this story here.

It seems like celebrities aren’t immune to bad hair days as well. Fans of American celebrity and star of the Netflix show Stranger Things Joe Keery were disappointed to see how the actor looked during a red carpet event.

View attachment 15189

One fan said: ‘Take it from someone with a cowlick on their hairline, never get bangs like that.’

While another stated that no one can pull off ‘the bowl cut’. ‘I don’t care how hot you are, it's a universal downgrade,’ they added.

Someone else shared: ‘Went from Mr “Steal Your Girl” to Mr “Kidnap Your Daughter”.’
Key Takeaways

• A woman shocked the internet by sharing a photo of a horrendous $60 haircut she received.
  • The woman took to the comments to explain why she didn't say anything in the salon.
  • She eventually took a refund from the salon and was deciding whether or not to let them try to ‘fix’ it.
Have you ever had a bad haircut before? How did you fix it? Tell us in the comments below!
I have seen a lot worse, most people would not notice this one. If it bothers her she could tie it in a ponytail. The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is three days.

I've had haircuts that looked good after cutting but after washing was a mess, many cost as much as $40, as a businessman who travelled frequently one of my biggest problems was haircuts as many do, I now have a lady who comes to my home and gives me perfect cuts that look smart through to the next cut and only charge $20

Reactions: Ricci
I have naturally curly hair and finding a hairdresser who can cut it properly these days is almost impossible. All hairdressers saturate your hair, then pull it down and cut it, it looks completely different when it dries, especially curly hair. I used to always get a reasonable to good cut back in the day when it was cut dry. I have asked a few hairdressers to cut it dry but they refuse, they obviously have no idea how to do it. I have now found an older lady who will cut it dry and does a good job of it, I just hope she doesn’t decide to retire too soon.

I have naturally curly hair and finding a hairdresser who can cut it properly these days is almost impossible. All hairdressers saturate your hair, then pull it down and cut it, it looks completely different when it dries, especially curly hair. I used to always get a reasonable to good cut back in the day when it was cut dry. I have asked a few hairdressers to cut it dry but they refuse, they obviously have no idea how to do it. I have now found an older lady who will cut it dry and does a good job of it, I just hope she doesn’t decide to retire too soon.
That’s my problem curly extremely thick hair
And they cannot cut it properly

I always had trouble too, my hair was thick but very, very fine. It never laid the same through two brush passes. I've had hairdressers refuse to cut it. :( I fixed it up by growing out my fringe and having long hair all my life. I go once a year to get it trimmed and that's me, done!:)

Reactions: Sucoo and SandyM

View attachment 15187

View attachment 15188

View attachment 15189

Key Takeaways

I remember when they used to say that there was only seven days between a good hairm cut and a bad one Going by these it would have had something to do with laughter I imagine.

Reactions: Ricci
When a new hairdresser opened in my small town I went to get my hair cut. It was long as we had not had a regular hairdresser for at least a couple of years. I took a photo of how I liked my hair cut. When she finished it was so short I near freaked. It was 3 months before I had to find another hairdresser. But this took some time then I found someone who was travelling between our small towns in a caravan. First cut was exactly how I showed her in my photo. Next time - short, short all over. It has now been 10 weeks & I'm only just ready for another cut. The one good thing about this is that I save a lot of money by not needing my hair cut so often.

That’s my problem curly extremely thick hair
And they cannot cut it properly
Mine too. And add in an older face and you end up looking like your 90 year old mother. I had the same hairdresser for over 20 years who asked me every time how I wanted my hair. And I recently gave them away as I was told that there is only one way to cut hair like mine, and everyone who has the same hair, even if they are male. Surely as an experienced person it should also depend on the type of face and the way you look after your hair at home. Still looking for the right person.

My late Grandmother had the same problem! She had beautiful curly hair, but it was so hard finding a hairdresser who knew how to cut it! She also said they needed to cut it dry.

I've had several uneven hair cuts over the years.. I often wonder how some hairdressers were trained. I've come to the conclusion that it mustn't be easy as a lot of them can't cut it evenly. The plus side is that I always know it will grow if butchered. Some hairdressers are cut happy ... chopping inches instead of a few centimeters.

I guess that hair dresser will be going out of business when people soon learn which hair dresser it was. For me, it's into the bathroom and to my very own in-house hair dressing salon that I call 'Do It Yourself.' Just shower and shampoo & condition the hair. Let it dry just a tad. Pair of my very own $very cheap but sharp scissors. Some paper towel to collect the cut off hair. Snip, snip snip. Back into the shower to quickly wash away the extra cuts that always seems to fall onto one's back. Back into that comfy towel to dry. All done.

The same with hair colouring, just buy the hair colouring when on half price sale and store a few for the year. Only about $10 for hair colouring.

I just love my very own Do It Yourself hair salon. Cheap as chips. In fact, with the hair cut, it's actually cheaper than freshly cooked frozen chips as my pair of scissors have paid for themselves. I've been doing this since January 2004 when yet another and the 'very last hair dresser' cut my hair, or should I say did the worse job ever. Now it cost nothing to quickly cut my hair and I have very thick wavy/curly hair. The only cost I incur is for the hair colouring which I always buy on sale and refuse to pay full price.

If I can, you can too learn how to cut your own hair. people told me, "wow, what a professional cut. Whose the hair dresser?" Everyone always thinks that it's professionally done as well. When I started doing this, everyone could not believe it when I told them that I did it myself. Most are now use to it. They just know that I do it myself. Others are still surprised when I remind them.

My dream hair and dreamt & wished for is fairly straight hair. So fed-up with my very thick, wavy/curly unruly hair. Always hard to control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penny4