This unbelievable Kmart trick can take your kitchen from drab to fab with minimal effort!

Do you feel like your kitchen needs a pick-me-up but you’re not ready to tear out the cupboards and start again? Don’t despair - we’ve got a quick and easy Kmart hack that you can do in no time and the result will astound you!

One woman recently took to the Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia Facebook group to share her clever trick.

Posting on a popular Facebook group for Kmart fanatics, one woman revealed that she recently got on board the trend of applying adhesive wallpaper from Kmart on her household appliances.

'I finally bit the bullet and covered our fridge with Kmart adhesive wallpaper!' she wrote in her post.

In fact, she admitted that she had yet to see anyone who had used it on the fridge. And then she added a photo to confirm her claim.

323567344_1329063951208333_8053090913427025675_n.jpg
Spruce up your home with this $38 adhesive wallpaper from Kmart. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

The woman used the $38 Self Adhesive Removable Wallpaper from Kmart, and to apply it to her fridge, she first outlined the area she wanted to cover with a pencil before removing the backing and pressing it into place.

After it had completely stuck to the fridge, she removed the paper's protective sheet. And boom – her fridge was instantly transformed!

Kmart wallpapers are ideal for renters, homeowners, or anyone else who wishes to decorate their spaces while being able to easily remove them, unlike the permanent kind of wallpapers which are messier to apply and hard to fully remove.

The post gained traction in the group, quickly garnering 1,500 likes and numerous comments from people who loved the look.

One user wrote: 'Your walls are just amazing; I can't stop looking at them and would love to see your whole house, it gives me this satisfaction that I can't quite explain.'

'Wow, that's cool, but also, your whole house looks cool, so it suits,' another enthusiastic user agreed.

A third chimed in: 'I'm obsessed and those squiggles on the wall above the fridge omg, so cute!'

However, one concerned user asked whether it will be possible for the adhesive to be removed without causing damage to the appliance.

'As beautiful as that is, my only concern would be how it removes off of the fridge after an extended period of time?' they asked.

One other user who has experience with a similar product answered: 'We live in an old house where every shelf is covered in old 80s sticky back plastic (vinyl). I removed it really easily with the help of my hair dryer.'

'I assume the wallpaper would come off the fridge that easily too, even after many years…'

The original poster was quick to ensure that she had a plan for when the time comes to remove the wallpaper. She said she would try a hair dryer, as she had previously used one to remove vinyl from the shelves of her old house.

She also said if there was any residue left from the adhesive, Goo Remover would do the trick.

Key Takeaways

• A woman used Kmart's Self Adhesive Removable Wallpaper ($38) to decorate her fridge, which has gained traction on the Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia Facebook group with over 1,500 likes.
  • She used the wallpaper not only for the fridge but for her walls as well, which got admiration from other users in the group.
  • However, one user had a concern on how easily it would come off the refrigerator after an extended period of time.
  • The woman and another user replied that it would come off easily, even after many years, and any residue should be tackled with Goo Remover.

So, there you have it, folks! If you've always wanted to completely transform your fridge (or any other appliance, for that matter), you might want to give this Kmart hack a try!

Will you be trying this project? We’ll see you at Kmart, then. Better yet, let us know how the project went!

Sponsored
I went for a stainless steel fridge so that it would blend with all my other appliances. To my mind (and eye) it looks awful and not something I would want to emulate but if it suits her then crack on I say! :)

Temporary Wallpaper is not the same as sticky-backed vinyl (contact). The former comes off again easily, while the latter is a nightmare to remove.

Reactions: Ricci