This popular coffee range and a huge TV manufacturer have issued urgent, potentially life-threatening recalls

The news of two urgent recalls has us wondering, are our favourite luxuries putting us at risk? Read on to find out whether your favourite coffee or electronics brand is endangering your health.

Firstly, do you love a refreshing iced coffee to start your day? Recent news has reported that, unfortunately, it may come with more than just sugar and caffeine.

Coca-Cola Europacific Partners is urgently recalling four varieties of its Barista Bros iced coffee range due to a potential packaging failure that could cause contamination.

1683075335762.png
Are you at risk? Image Credit: Shutterstock

These recalled products–double espresso, espresso and iced chocolate flavours in 500ml and 700ml sizes, as well as the mocha flavour in 500ml–have best-before dates of September 30, 2023, and onwards.

1683075335776.png
The recalled Barista Bros products. Image Credit: Food Standards Australia New Zealand.

The beverages have been available for sale at major supermarkets nationwide, including Woolworths, Coles, Metcash/IGA, ALDI, independent retail stores and vending machines.

'Food products that have been spoiled may cause illness if consumed,' Food Standards Australia New Zealand warned.

However, the good news is that no illnesses have been reported so far.

If you have purchased any of these products, then you should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.

Alternatively, you can contact Coca-Cola Europacific Partners on 1800 025 123.

And of course, if you have any concerns about your health, it’s important to seek medical attention.

Members, this isn’t the only urgent recall to be aware of today. It’s been reported that certain models of popular 65' and 77' LG Electronics Smart TVs that were made between February 2016 and September 2019 could be at risk of causing fire and smoke due to an issue with the x-capacitors on the power board.

The last thing anyone wants, while they’re watching their favourite show, is to worry if the TV will catch fire. But sadly, that’s what the Product Safety Australia (PSA) is asking Australians to do.

PSA is warning that if x-capacitors deteriorate and fail, then it could lead to serious injury or electric shock and smoke inhalation. It’s also advised that customers don’t use any liquid to extinguish smoke or flames if they occur. Instead, they should immediately leave the vicinity of the TV and turn the main power to the property off.

1683075335788.png
The LG recall notice. Image Credit: Product Safety Australia

These TVs were sold nationally and online at stores like Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, JB Hi-Fi, Bing Lee, Betta, and NARTA.

You can find more information by visiting the PSA’s website and searching the full list of affected models.

Key Takeaways

• A popular iced coffee brand, Barista Bros, has recalled four products due to potential contamination from a packaging failure.
  • The recalled flavours include double espresso, espresso and iced chocolate in 500ml and 700ml sizes, and mocha flavour in 500ml.
  • The products with a best-before date of September 30, 2023, were sold at various retailers, including Woolworths, Coles, Metcash/IGA grocers, ALDI, and independent retail stores.
  • Customers can return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund, and those concerned about their health are advised to seek medical attention.
  • Numerous smart TVs sold at several major Australian retailers have also been recalled over fears they could catch on fire.
  • Product Safety Australia (PSA) has issued an alert for certain 65' and 77' LG Electronics Smart TVs made between February 2016 and September 2019.
  • Consumers with the affected TVs have been advised to contact LG Electronics Australia to arrange for a technician to replace the power board for free, or if irreparable damage has been done, the TV will be replaced free of charge.

If your model is on the list, then you should contact LG Electronics Australia and arrange for a technician to replace the power board for free. If the TV has sustained irreparable damage, then it will be replaced free of charge.

Not only could this help protect you from danger, but it could also protect your loved ones from an unexpected fire. So, check your TV model now to make sure your family and your home are safe. And be sure to spread the word to your friends and family. Safety should always come first.

Members, are you affected by this recall? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I am getting totally fed up with being considered just about all and every company's quality control officer. If they want me to test their equipment/food/whatever they should put me on the payroll. :rolleyes:

I don't blame you one iota for your complaint as above Ricci. I've been caught out for "free knowledge" in the past. Let them do the necessary scouting around & remember the old saying, "Every man is worthy of his hire." I get tired of free loaders, & I've had many believe me because I am a softie. Now @ my ripe old age, I have a good memory, so I can't sew, I can't knit, I can't write to my new acquaintances. When I was knitting intricate patterns for jumpers to help my hubby after WW2 for a home, my office mates, seeing the design with a model in Paton & Bs books, would buy the wool & ask me to knit it. It worked for awhile until I thought , "We'll never get a home this way" so I began charging. I got MORE orders for asking. I felt rotten until I woke up that I didn't want to work forever & anyone is fit enough to use another. It hurts.

Reactions: Ricci