This optical illusion can 'reveal' a bit of your personality—what does it say about you?

Optical illusions have always fascinated many because they 'twist reality' and trick our eyes. But sometimes, these illusions are more than just fun puzzles—they can also tell a bit about a person's personality.

How people see and react to these illusions can show how their minds work, how much they notice details, and how open they are to new ideas.

For example, whether someone quickly spots a hidden image in an illusion or focuses on other things can suggest if they like making quick choices or are good at paying close attention.

Even though it's not exactly 'science', exploring how people see optical illusions adds a unique way of understanding how our minds connect with the world.

Case in point: this optical illusion circulating on social media. Members, what do you first see in the photo below?

Screen Shot 2023-09-01 at 3.08.35 PM.png
Are you logical or emotional? Depending on what you see, this optical illusion could help you figure it out. Credit: TikTok/mia_yilin.

Recently shared by a person named Mia, the photo shows a half-eaten apple or two faces of a man and woman. According to her, your personality determines which one you spot first.

If you see the man and woman first, this is a sign that you are more logical.

As explained by Mia: 'You're a kind person and have strict morals, but you don't like to be blindly led by the heart into making silly, poor decisions. Instead, you think things through every step of the way.'

If you spot the half-eaten apple first, you're more driven by emotional intelligence. Mia said it does not necessarily mean you're 'unstable and always upset'.

'It implies that you are very good at reading hidden signals and always know the right things to say in social settings,' she explained. But it may also mean that you choose to remain silent and could feel others belittle your intelligence.

This optical illusion has sparked some interesting responses on social media. While some saw the man and the woman and felt the description was accurate, others saw the apple core first and were pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of the description.

Some even commented that they saw the two images at the same time. Although Mia did not provide an explanation for this. If you experience the same phenomenon, maybe you're a mix of logical and emotional?

Key Takeaways

• An optical illusion posted on social media by Mia can supposedly determine whether someone's personality leans towards logic or emotion.
  • According to her, seeing the faces of a man and a woman first indicates a logical personality, while seeing an apple core first suggests an emotional personality.
  • Mia explains that those with emotional tendencies are good at reading hidden signals and know what to say in social settings but may also choose to remain silent and feel their intelligence is underestimated.
  • Many viewers reacted to the post, with several commenting on the accuracy of the optical illusion's supposed revelations about their personality.

As we said earlier, this optical illusion isn't exactly scientific, which is why we want to remind our dear readers that while this makes for good entertainment, a lot more factors are at play when it comes to how people perceive the world.

So, what about you? What did you see first? Do the results of the optical illusion accurately describe your personality? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored

Focus On the Black Dot, Wait a Few Seconds; Do You See It Black & White or Colored?​

A captivating optical illusion featuring a pyramid has been stirring up a frenzy on social media, leading viewers to question their color perception abilities. The image features a pyramid with a black dot at its peak, set against what appears to be a teal-colored pyramid with an orange-hued sky. The creator instructs viewers to focus on the black dot, promising to change the image to black and white, which will allegedly still appear as full color to the viewer.
piramide_illusion.gif
In a surprising twist, the creator asserts that once viewers blink, the pyramid will magically revert to its original colors. This pyramid puzzle continues to baffle social media users, adding to the ever-growing collection of internet optical illusions.

Focus On the Black Dot, Wait a Few Seconds; Do You See It Black & White or Colored?​

A captivating optical illusion featuring a pyramid has been stirring up a frenzy on social media, leading viewers to question their color perception abilities. The image features a pyramid with a black dot at its peak, set against what appears to be a teal-colored pyramid with an orange-hued sky. The creator instructs viewers to focus on the black dot, promising to change the image to black and white, which will allegedly still appear as full color to the viewer.
View attachment 28915
In a surprising twist, the creator asserts that once viewers blink, the pyramid will magically revert to its original colors. This pyramid puzzle continues to baffle social media users, adding to the ever-growing collection of internet optical illusions.
Before I read the full article, I saw the black dot on a teal pyramid and orange sky which changed immediately to the grey image about 5 seconds later. I don't know if I blinked or not for it to return to the original image.

Tried again, turned grey, consciously blinked and it took 2 seconds to revert to colour again. So I don't know.

Reactions: Trudi
Before I read the full article, I saw the black dot on a teal pyramid and orange sky which changed immediately to the grey image about 5 seconds later. I don't know if I blinked or not for it to return to the original image.

Tried again, turned grey, consciously blinked and it took 2 seconds to revert to colour again. So I don't know.
It's a strange one.
I was doing these in the car on the way home from the footy and thought it was from the lights

Roosters supporter hey. You had a good win tonight.
We sure did, funny I grew up in St George area, as did hubby . We have lived in bulldogs territory for 35 years plus and have gone for the Roosters since hubby and I were in high school.

If we make the grand final then we will do our house up red white n blue. Like we did when we played in the grand final against the doggies

Wait a sec... I've got to sit down. I'm in shock! You've got a rugby league team there!
Thursday nights I watch my daughters and one grand daughter play indoor soccer. Next to peakhurst pub
We are a big sporting family. My son played cricket for nsw but had to stop due to injury now he plays for St George grade.