This limited $49 Kmart item could solve your mattress cleaning problems

You spend most of your nighttime on it, but how often do you clean your mattresses?

Cleaning experts recommend washing and airing it out at least once every six months because buildup from our skin, dust, sweat, and other allergens can accumulate on the surface.

A user from TikTok posted a video about an item that makes dedusting her mattress so much easier: Kmart’s UV Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, priced at only $49.

“Wow, everyone, please vacuum your mattresses if you don’t already!” she wrote in the caption.

JXV9fAEIGsIj6ZjCYEK6JH8hps_fzTCM23CQPY-826oCwpwZgA9Fmc8kS69XYB9bM4PBNR1Eb12cmlMVpBqcmwb9CgsBtuh7CmzaMiArG98HOUHHBf3U9GEW5NHpmkdLOUtQvO2t=s1600

The vacuum was used on a 1-year-old Koala mattress and “so much dust” was collected. Photo from TikTok user @hi_pearltea.

Another TikTok user Carolina Mccauley shared her video of using the UV Handheld Vacuum Cleaner.

“I had no idea how much dust was on my mattress until I tried this,” she captioned.

The video shows Carolina using the vacuum cleaner on her flat mattress surface.

“I thought it was clean, but I was so wrong!”

“After using it on my mattress for 5 minutes, it’s completely full of dust and nasty stuff,” she wrote as the video showed the gross - but very satisfying - result afterwards.

Both of the videos’ comments section was flooded with inquiries about where to get the product.

One person even commented, “You have no idea how fast I bought one from the Kmart website after seeing this.”

Others pointed out that the vacuum cleaner does not only get “dust” from the mattress but also “mostly dead skin”.

3oabeCpKEc0kXPdn4EJu37Lpa0696RGl9Ss0R7LQxSMzB5v8Y3LEXJ8kWkTlxuQtKg4gf1kdQQ0nAwDRmXZgxSqNvsWQ64pC1bptFcoTPoOcpdJla87j_5k2aZ-QburXazaICqIM=s1600

The appliance works like your standard small vacuum cleaner, with UV light that helps kill bacteria. Photo from TikTok user carolina.mccauley.

According to a spokesperson from Kmart, the vacuum cleaner was designed to clean soft surfaces like mattresses.

“The handheld vacuum has ultraviolet sterilisation that helps kill dust mites, including dual vibratory pads to help lift out of material which makes it great for cleaning mattresses, pillows, sofas and curtains.”

“We love seeing customers embrace this vacuum as their newest cleaning go-to, and we encourage everyone to snap this one up at its reduced price of $49 as limited stock remains and it’s not currently a part of ongoing ranges,” the spokesperson added.

You heard it here first! So if you’re itching to give your mattress its long-needed surface cleaning, head over to your nearest Kmart and grab your own vacuum cleaner now!

Sponsored
Eeeek! This is not even something I've thought about. I do wash mine from time to time but it's so much effort.