This Kmart fan's kitchen transformation using an unlikely item will leave you speechless!

While many of us enjoy doing home renovations, they can be an expensive hobby.

The cost of materials and labour can add up quickly, and even the most minor projects can take a toll on our wallets.

But what if we tell you that there are ways to manage the cost of home renovations and still get the results we want?

Just take a look at this one DIY-er who has captured the attention of hundreds of home renovation enthusiasts.

One woman has taken to Facebook to share her kitchen renovation hack using adhesive vinyl from Kmart, and people are impressed.

The Kmart fan said she spent just $116 and five hours on the project, which involved covering her kitchen cupboards in the retailer’s $7-per-roll black adhesive film.

'Very happy with the result,' the DIY enthusiast wrote, alongside before-and-after photos of her kitchen.

8-M8FL2TOMXs8yFbhMQT7eNXFKZ7XOJnppMA1sxaLW1h4Y0NSaVnfvdlZjXe1ZnapIL7yrorWgBqHQESUwJvkd-wXwqgpduFn-oH-P2eMZRfq_03mi_yEg6vP0AeZmbYZDG3JzznimGqmketPmqEyz4NM2pJxucUDHr0FCK8xQ_0Kj7evdZLU-Vg

Before (left) and after (right) photos of the woman’s kitchen transformation. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia.

The post has attracted hundreds of comments, with many people praising the woman for her handiwork.

Another commenter said: 'It gives a gorgeous satin finish. Love it!! Great job!'

'That's awesome! I can’t cover a book without bubbles,' said one person.

Not everyone seemed to be pleased with the 'tedious' tip.

One user wrote: 'Very impressive! But, you can buy paint to do this and it is much more sustainable.'

Some people also raised concerns about the safety of using adhesive vinyl in a kitchen, with one person writing: 'I’ve heard with the vinyl/contact through kitchens if there is a fire your insurance is voided... I would look into this before doing more.'

Despite the concerns, many people said they were considering trying the hack themselves.

'Looks soooo much nicer and modernised! Maybe I need to do something like this to mine! Mine is sky blue with wooden handles!' wrote one person.

Another person said: 'How did you prep the faces like cleaning and stuff? I tried this but peeled off. She got a degreaser from bunnings to prep. Used a heat gun to get out air bubbles.'

We all know that home renovations can be an expensive endeavour. But with a little bit of elbow grease and careful research, your vision for your home can become a reality. Here are a few tips to help you get started:

1. Set a budget. This is probably the most important step in the renovation process. Knowing how much you can afford to spend will help you focus your efforts and make smart decisions along the way.

2. Do your homework. Once you have a budget in mind, start doing some research. Look online, in magazines, and talk to friends and family who have recently renovated their homes. This will give you a good idea of what materials and products are available, and how much they will cost.

3. Get creative. Don't be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to your home renovation. There are often ways to save money by being creative with your design. For example, instead of purchasing new cabinets, you could repaint your existing ones. Or, if you're handy with a saw, you could build your own shelves or cabinets.

4. Shop around. Once you know what materials you need, take the time to compare prices at different stores. You may be surprised at how much you can save by doing a little shopping around.

Renovating your home can be a fun and rewarding process. By following these tips, you can make your vision a reality without breaking the bank.

Do you know other tips for renovating your kitchen without forking out heaps of dollars? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
Sponsored
Not sure how long a reno like this would last. I'd be more likely to replace the cupboard doors, if your actual cabinetry is still good just changing the fronts gives you a whole new look that you know is going to last. :)

I saw these adhesive rolls in kmart as well as the stick on tiles and I'm sure they will gradually un stick.

I'm looking at a kitchen reno this year.
I have Tasmanian oak kitchen / cupboards and I'm looking at a professional to spray them white, I have an island bench in the middle of the room and looking at removing it and adding a large breakfast bench that will also be a divider between the kitchen and dining room.

That kmart Reno looks like a very very temporary one

Reactions: Penny4 and Ricci
Would be better to sand and paint and just add the new door handles like they have done. I'm thinking about doing this later this year.

Reactions: Ricci