This home feature is a ‘nightmare’ for professional cleaners – do you have it in your home?

Warning: This article contains… Well, really gross images and clips.

We all know that keeping a tidy home can be a bit of a challenge. Even if you're thorough when it comes to cleaning, there are just some spots that are nearly impossible to keep spotless – and the last thing anyone would want is to have to clean something more often than usual.

One such cleaning nuisance is a popular feature in Australian households, which was dubbed a ‘nightmare to clean’ by a professional cleaner. Here’s why you should steer clear of having it installed in your home at all costs.

The cleaner, who goes by @cleanlikeapro on TikTok, shared a clip of herself attempting to clean a filthy shower drain in someone else's home.

'These shower drains are the worst. I would never have these in my home. They are a nightmare to clean!’ she said.

J_oadEEdNK8qnkY_7eDPpbpaVVgEzLRo_HnZ2PizgyAwaj2Yrtbp_6YmeSTWGHghGWJ6aDt98E_1Oe0kgmTWTR7CqI-yOhcuXOAdXVdppCigqd-b77szOsvi2fxVgISMqrWnylV5IC64mV7PjWXNDC8B0bOckDzf6XDf2SDO6UHJeCk5XMhVQfe9ew
k7pj73yb7g-jvxkPDxphRNlqaK6ZYmMQgQdWbDaEHCAhDws_FjXqrAyCuNKUZp4gpN0JvHmxW_3Py19TUnyX58h3unqYP3aQqxkHb5tisbiV_8zm1a2f3K-vcQtWOeI7Xn-YuXLT-HlDNJjgEjozP8gAEDgQscCzJgxZba5F-CUchohLI9cuaCHl1Q

We warned you… Gross! Source: @cleanlikeapro

'Brace yourself. Here's another thing I will never have in my house from the perspective of a professional cleaner. These drains... Oh my! I actually have no words.’

'They trap everything and as you can see, there is a full head of hair in this drain, amongst other things. These drains need to be cleaned on a regular basis because if they don't, you get this. I can imagine that this shower would have water pooling in the bottom of it badly.'

The cleaner then shared a step-by-step demonstration of how to tackle the chore efficiently.

Source: @cleanlikeapro

'To clean this one, we actually took it outside first because it was pretty bad. We scraped all the excess off,' she said.

'Once all the excess was removed, we then gave it a spray and we polished it up.’ the cleaning guru added.

Thousands of viewers were quick to express their utter disgust upon seeing how dirty the drains were.

'How are you not dry heaving?' one woman asked.

'My new rental has it in the ensuite, I have to clean it every week to keep the hair out.’ another shared.

A third wrote: ‘Wow, these drains. It absolutely never occurred to me.’

To which the cleaning pro responded: ‘They are just so horrid!’

‘I’m also a cleaner... These make me gag so bad! I hate cleaning them.’ another professional cleaner chimed.

‘I had one in my old house – never again!’ one more declared.

VTrsR-OIuRokdoJjtypCyydusG3HiGMAV6GjDiNGU9HSqULjlb6l7AD9tXATfyBivJrbyJJOg1I6rjrcFSBnLAjIny5iUZSIOl9fezBcHUyxTYzIo00eD-Ei1p9vgERk03D6GrwJPg4ZUpCks_1xTT59IIyMGJ4vj_Wiv8NTpObjRxRW6KRp252pgg

Steer clear of this home feature that’s ‘impossible to clean’. Source: Easy Drain

The professional cleaner regularly shares cleaning tips, hacks, products, and transformations on her TikTok account.

Aside from invisible linear shower drains, she previously explained why she also hates corner cupboards in her client's homes.

'Honestly, for the life of me I have no clue why anyone thought this would be a good idea,' the cleaner commented.

'You literally have to be a contortionist to be able to clean inside a cupboard like this. Once again, these designers or builders are trying to be fancy, but in the real world, this just doesn't work.’

'That's coming from a cleaner who sees it all the time.' she continued.

What are your thoughts about invisible linear shower drains? Do you have them in your home? If so, share a review of it with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Just remember that if they did not have these drains all that stuff would end up in your drainpipes, then you would be calling a plumber to clear ti which will most likely cost you an arm and a leg to get rid of it. All it takes is little bit of regular cleaning on your part .

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I have a corner cupboard but without the lazy susan, and it is a nightmare to get down and clean. I agree why do builders do this. As my place is older I suppose it was a space thing. I don't keep anything in the back of the corner cupboard as it is far to hard to access.

We all know that keeping a tidy home can be a bit of a challenge. Even if you're thorough when it comes to cleaning, there are just some spots that are nearly impossible to keep spotless – and the last thing anyone would want is to have to clean something more often than usual.

One such cleaning nuisance is a popular feature in Australian households, which was dubbed a ‘nightmare to clean’ by a professional cleaner. Here’s why you should steer clear of having it installed in your home at all costs.

The cleaner, who goes by @cleanlikeapro on TikTok, shared a clip of herself attempting to clean a filthy shower drain in someone else's home.

'These shower drains are the worst. I would never have these in my home. They are a nightmare to clean!’ she said.

J_oadEEdNK8qnkY_7eDPpbpaVVgEzLRo_HnZ2PizgyAwaj2Yrtbp_6YmeSTWGHghGWJ6aDt98E_1Oe0kgmTWTR7CqI-yOhcuXOAdXVdppCigqd-b77szOsvi2fxVgISMqrWnylV5IC64mV7PjWXNDC8B0bOckDzf6XDf2SDO6UHJeCk5XMhVQfe9ew
k7pj73yb7g-jvxkPDxphRNlqaK6ZYmMQgQdWbDaEHCAhDws_FjXqrAyCuNKUZp4gpN0JvHmxW_3Py19TUnyX58h3unqYP3aQqxkHb5tisbiV_8zm1a2f3K-vcQtWOeI7Xn-YuXLT-HlDNJjgEjozP8gAEDgQscCzJgxZba5F-CUchohLI9cuaCHl1Q

'Brace yourself. Here's another thing I will never have in my house from the perspective of a professional cleaner. These drains... Oh my! I actually have no words.’

'They trap everything and as you can see, there is a full head of hair in this drain, amongst other things. These drains need to be cleaned on a regular basis because if they don't, you get this. I can imagine that this shower would have water pooling in the bottom of it badly.'

The cleaner then shared a step-by-step demonstration of how to tackle the chore efficiently.

'To clean this one, we actually took it outside first because it was pretty bad. We scraped all the excess off,' she said.

'Once all the excess was removed, we then gave it a spray and we polished it up.’ the cleaning guru added.

Thousands of viewers were quick to express their utter disgust upon seeing how dirty the drains were.

'My new rental has it in the ensuite, I have to clean it every week to keep the hair out.’ another shared.

‘I’m also a cleaner... These make me gag so bad! I hate cleaning them.’ another professional cleaner chimed.

VTrsR-OIuRokdoJjtypCyydusG3HiGMAV6GjDiNGU9HSqULjlb6l7AD9tXATfyBivJrbyJJOg1I6rjrcFSBnLAjIny5iUZSIOl9fezBcHUyxTYzIo00eD-Ei1p9vgERk03D6GrwJPg4ZUpCks_1xTT59IIyMGJ4vj_Wiv8NTpObjRxRW6KRp252pgg

Steer clear of this home feature that’s ‘impossible to clean’. Source: Easy Drain

The professional cleaner regularly shares cleaning tips, hacks, products, and transformations on her TikTok account.

Aside from invisible linear shower drains, she previously explained why she also hates corner cupboards in her client's homes.

'Honestly, for the life of me I have no clue why anyone thought this would be a good idea,' the cleaner commented.

'You literally have to be a contortionist to be able to clean inside a cupboard like this. Once again, these designers or builders are trying to be fancy, but in the real world, this just doesn't work.’

What are your thoughts about invisible linear shower drains? Do you have them in your home? If so, share a review of it with us in the comments!

We have one in our shower, I clear any hair off it daily, & remove the top & clean it regularly, While the top is off I pour in a little drain cleaner. No drama

Drawers anywhere in the home should be compulsory. As we age, having these in every home would be ideal when down-sizing. When I had a home built, the builder argued I didn't need larger size space inside my wardrobe. It took a lot of huffing and puffing to get what I NEEDED. Can't understand their thinking.

Drawers anywhere in the home should be compulsory. As we age, having these in every home would be ideal when down-sizing. When I had a home built, the builder argued I didn't need larger size space inside my wardrobe. It took a lot of huffing and puffing to get what I NEEDED. Can't understand their thinking.
Arguments with our builder about only having draws installed in the kitchen and definitely no cupboards really did my head in, I also had the same problem as you with wardrobe space and shelving, makes you wonder what conveniences the wives of the builder go without!

I have a corner cupboard but without the lazy susan, and it is a nightmare to get down and clean. I agree why do builders do this. As my place is older I suppose it was a space thing. I don't keep anything in the back of the corner cupboard as it is far to hard to access.
Probably the designer was a man 🤷🏻‍♀️(Not saying that all man have bad ideas) but usually women are the ones who clean so, men don’t think about these small details.

No, don't have them, never would but recall seeing these on previous episodes of THE BLOCK. I wonder what the new owners think of them, having bought the homes at auction?

Becomes a wasted space. I fought our builder on this issue, moved the cupboards & put a patio door in its place. We put in a wider bench & put cupboards on both sides.