This hilarious number plate detail is cracking everyone up: ‘Well said’

In the Land Down Under, it's not just the kangaroos and koalas that can give you a good chuckle.

Motorists have a knack for expressing their sense of humour through their choice of personalised number plates.

And sometimes, they hit the nail right on the head with a combination that resonates with the public's sentiment.

A number plate spotted on a Ford Ranger ute in Western Australia had drivers chuckling and nodding in agreement as they passed by.

The plate, which read '1H8EPPL', was a cheeky nod to the driver's apparent disdain for people.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 12.42.43 PM.png
Can you decode the hidden message of this number plate? Credit: Facebook

The photo of the plate, shared on social media, quickly garnered reactions from fellow Aussies who could relate.

'Me too mate, me too,' commented one woman, while another person chimed in with, 'Love 'em, well said.'

Others expressed their desire to own a similar plate, with comments like 'I need these' and 'Preach, bro.'

This isn't the first time Australian drivers have used their number plates to make a statement.

From plates that require a double-take or a head-turn to read an upside-down 'naughty' message to those that showcase Australia's iconic dry wit, the roads are often a canvas for creativity.

However, it's not all fun and games when customising plates.

The government has strict rules regarding number plate offences and those caught with incorrectly fixed, obscured, defaced, or illegible plates could face hefty fines, demerit points, or even jail time.

Despite the warnings against tampering with or modifying number plates, some Aussies can't resist the urge to personalise their plates in a way that gives other drivers a good laugh.

Another set of plates, 'IH8PPL2', also spotted in WA, suggested that the sentiment may be more widespread than we think.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 12.43.33 PM.png
This driver hates people, too. Credit: Facebook

In a similar story, a man shared a photo of another vehicle sporting a number plate that seemed innocuous at first glance.

But when viewed from a different perspective, it hides a cheeky message.

What’s the hidden message? You can find it out here.
Key Takeaways

• A motorist in WA spotted a humourous number plate on a Ford Ranger ute reading '1H8EPPL', reflecting a common sentiment toward disliking people.
  • Reactions to the number plate on social media ranged from agreement to amusement, with many expressing a desire to have similar plates.
  • The article highlights a trend of unique and sometimes unlawfully modified number plates in Australia, often showcasing the country's dry humour.
  • Authorities warned that tampering with or modifying number plates could result in fines, demerit points, or even jail time, although some number plates can be entertaining without breaking the law.
Do you also find this custom plate clever? Have you also owned a personalised number plate? Share your insights and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
Jus sayin'
To me it reads "I Hate E People"
Without the E it reads
"I H8 People"
:)