This hidden dishwasher feature might save your holiday parties!

It’s the time of the year when we do a lot of entertaining. And chances are, you’ll be piling dishes into the dishwasher after the festivities.

But, did you know there’s a hidden feature that could make clearing up after your holiday parties easier?

Recently, a video surfaced online sharing a life-changing tip—the perfect way to fit tall wine glasses on your dishwasher rack!

The original poster of the video couldn’t believe her eyes when she tried the trick on her dishwasher. To get the wineglass to fit, she just had to flip a switch on the side of the dishwasher that lowered it.

'My whole life is a lie,' she said while watching the dishwasher trick work.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 142638.png
The woman was surprised about the ‘dishwasher trick’ she learned. Image: TikTok / @hotdogsilly

The tip has been useful for many of her followers. One user wrote, 'I just tried it, and it worked but I don’t know how to get it back up there lol.'

'Literally lived in my flat for 9 months and you've changed my life!!!!' wrote another.

Another user was glad to learn about the dishwasher trick–even though they are moving to a new house without one: 'I'm finding this out a week from when I moved into my new house with no dishwasher…could I have been told before?'

The trick has spread like wildfire, with many others trying it out and posting their results back in the comment section. Thankfully, the trick works with most dishwashers–whether it’s the top rack or bottom.

But that’s not the only handy dishwasher tip out there. Creative home stylist Liz Amaya also figured out a neat trick to make more room for pots and pans on the bottom shelf. All she needed to do was lift the top dishwasher rack until it locks in place.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 142729.png
The dishwasher hinge can be clicked so the whole tray can be lowered down. Image: TikTok / @hotdogsilly

Then, there’s the silverware holder trick. Many of us have that problem where dishes won’t quite fit inside the dishwasher because the silverware holder takes up too much room—but another Australian woman has the solution.

To make more room for plates and bowls, all you have to do is move the silverware holder to its side and push it against the dishwasher door.

So, the next time you’re entertaining during the holidays, don’t forget to put these dishwasher tricks to good use.

You can watch the woman’s full video below:

Key Takeaways
  • A video on social media revealed a useful dishwasher trick that has gained a lot of attention.
  • The video demonstrated how to fit a tall wine glass on the top rack of a dishwasher by flipping a switch on the side of the machine to lower it.
  • Many viewers have expressed their surprise at discovering this feature, with some even attempting the trick and sharing their results.
  • Other clever dishwasher tricks, such as one for creating more room for pots and pans, and another for repositioning the silverware holder, have also been shared online.

Did you find out about this trick just now, or do you know any other dishwasher tips? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
It’s the time of the year when we do a lot of entertaining. And chances are, you’ll be piling dishes into the dishwasher after the festivities.

But, did you know there’s a hidden feature that could make clearing up after your holiday parties easier?

Recently, a video surfaced online sharing a life-changing tip—the perfect way to fit tall wine glasses on your dishwasher rack!

The original poster of the video couldn’t believe her eyes when she tried the trick on her dishwasher. To get the wineglass to fit, she just had to flip a switch on the side of the dishwasher that lowered it.

'My whole life is a lie,' she said while watching the dishwasher trick work.

View attachment 36027
The woman was surprised about the ‘dishwasher trick’ she learned. Image: TikTok / @hotdogsilly

The tip has been useful for many of her followers. One user wrote, 'I just tried it, and it worked but I don’t know how to get it back up there lol.'

'Literally lived in my flat for 9 months and you've changed my life!!!!' wrote another.

Another user was glad to learn about the dishwasher trick–even though they are moving to a new house without one: 'I'm finding this out a week from when I moved into my new house with no dishwasher…could I have been told before?'

The trick has spread like wildfire, with many others trying it out and posting their results back in the comment section. Thankfully, the trick works with most dishwashers–whether it’s the top rack or bottom.

But that’s not the only handy dishwasher tip out there. Creative home stylist Liz Amaya also figured out a neat trick to make more room for pots and pans on the bottom shelf. All she needed to do was lift the top dishwasher rack until it locks in place.

View attachment 36029
The dishwasher hinge can be clicked so the whole tray can be lowered down. Image: TikTok / @hotdogsilly

Then, there’s the silverware holder trick. Many of us have that problem where dishes won’t quite fit inside the dishwasher because the silverware holder takes up too much room—but another Australian woman has the solution.

To make more room for plates and bowls, all you have to do is move the silverware holder to its side and push it against the dishwasher door.

So, the next time you’re entertaining during the holidays, don’t forget to put these dishwasher tricks to good use.

You can watch the woman’s full video below:

Key Takeaways

• A video on social media revealed a useful dishwasher trick that has gained a lot of attention.
  • The video demonstrated how to fit a tall wine glass on the top rack of a dishwasher by flipping a switch on the side of the machine to lower it.
  • Many viewers have expressed their surprise at discovering this feature, with some even attempting the trick and sharing their results.
  • Other clever dishwasher tricks, such as one for creating more room for pots and pans, and another for repositioning the silverware holder, have also been shared online.

Did you find out about this trick just now, or do you know any other dishwasher tips? Let us know in the comments below!

A dishwash machine is a money and water waster! A must for those too lazy to have the ungrateful, brattish kids who expect everything to be given to them at their request without a thought for what it costs to learn how to do some tedious manual work (You think Maccas has a dishwash machine for everything - NO!) that will be handy when they get a job - maybe?!
You can't tell me that a small amount of water in a sink and a squirt of wash up liquid uses more water than one of those darned machines - NEVER!
I have a old dishwaher - it's brand is ME and it runs on the kitchen sink, water and wash up liquid - it's not fast but it gets the job done and it also runs a dryer mode called a tea towel and has an added feature of self putting away the washing up too - now ask your dishwash machine to do that last one coz that ain't gonna happen!
I learnt years ago as a kid - had to do it to earn pocket money amongst other chores, like many other kids did way back then. It is also a useful thing to know how to do and comes in handy for doing dishes in a blackout too! If you have company over, you rope them into helping and it get's it done twice as quick.
It saves power as it uses very, very little power compared to a machine that slurps it up like a slurpee. Even if you have to change the water you're still ahead of that machine full of H2-O in using less water.

Reactions: Littleboy8
A dishwash machine is a money and water waster! A must for those too lazy to have the ungrateful, brattish kids who expect everything to be given to them at their request without a thought for what it costs to learn how to do some tedious manual work (You think Maccas has a dishwash machine for everything - NO!) that will be handy when they get a job - maybe?!
You can't tell me that a small amount of water in a sink and a squirt of wash up liquid uses more water than one of those darned machines - NEVER!
I have a old dishwaher - it's brand is ME and it runs on the kitchen sink, water and wash up liquid - it's not fast but it gets the job done and it also runs a dryer mode called a tea towel and has an added feature of self putting away the washing up too - now ask your dishwash machine to do that last one coz that ain't gonna happen!
I learnt years ago as a kid - had to do it to earn pocket money amongst other chores, like many other kids did way back then. It is also a useful thing to know how to do and comes in handy for doing dishes in a blackout too! If you have company over, you rope them into helping and it get's it done twice as quick.
It saves power as it uses very, very little power compared to a machine that slurps it up like a slurpee. Even if you have to change the water you're still ahead of that machine full of H2-O in using less water.
I have single friends who leave the dishes stacked in it for a week before using it how gross and lazy is that🤮