This genius tip shows how to open a wine bottle with just two common household items!

Ah, there's nothing quite like the weekend. Whether you're gathering with friends or enjoying a relaxing picnic in the park, one thing remains an absolute staple for many of us—a lovely bottle of wine.

Paired with a platter of cheeses, olives, and some gourmet salads, wine is always there to elevate our dining experience and help us unwind.

compressed-354804142_1399557594111631_494734709863364188_n.jpeg
@ty.ree.suh, a social media user, shared this game-changing trick online. Source: Tiktok

But what happens when you're setting up for a delightful afternoon under the sun only to realise that you've forgotten a vital component—your trusty bottle opener? Those corks in the wine bottles look like they'll stay stubbornly wedged in place, right?

Fret not because we've come across an innovative tip that might just save the day and transform you into a hero during your next gathering.

This game-changing trick has spread like wildfire, all thanks to a popular social media user called @ty.ree.suh, whose tip has already garnered over a million views and almost 250,000 likes.

Are you wondering what's so mind-blowing about this tip? Well, it only requires two basic household items to work—a knife and a fork!

In her video, @ty.ree.suh demonstrates the simple method of opening a wine bottle without a traditional bottle opener.

First, she stabs the cork with the knife, making sure to push it in as far as she can.

Next, she hooks the fork around the flat part of the knife, creating a makeshift lever. With a little upward twisting motion, she manages to pop the cork right out of the bottle—easy as pie!

compressed-356900173_927189248512071_5783381254154420349_n.jpeg
After stabbing the cork with a knife and using a fork to twist it, the social media user expressed immense joy and satisfaction as the hack successfully opened the wine bottle. Source: Tiktok

'This is the best thing ever', exclaims the user in the video as she celebrates her success with this quick and straightforward tip.

The best part? There's no need to rummage through your drawers for any fancy gadgets or purchase an expensive electric corkscrew—two simple kitchen utensils will do the trick.

See the full video here:

Key Takeaways
  • A social media user got popular for sharing a 'genius' trick on how to open wine without a bottle opener.
  • The easy-to-use hack only requires two common household items—a knife and a fork.
  • The video demonstrating the hack has been viewed over a million times and liked nearly 250,000 times.
  • Social media users have been amazed by the results and shared their alternative methods for opening wine bottles without a corkscrew.

Of course, we understand that sometimes you might need a knife and fork handy or are curious about other methods available.

Alternative tips include using a shoe to bang the cork out or using a wall or a bike pump, but these methods come with risks, so always exercise caution and weigh your options before attempting them.

With your newly opened bottle of wine, it's time to enjoy it with a delicious meal.

So, cheers to never worrying about forgetful moments or misplaced bottle openers again! Now you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your glass of vino, knowing that a trusty knife and fork won't disappoint you.

Do you have any other clever tips or tricks for opening a wine bottle without a traditional bottle opener? Share your expertise with us!

Sponsored
Please notice that the cork is made of plastic. A cork made of cork, especially if it's an old one, would probably 'behave' differently to this cork. Old corks tend to crumble when removed, so are rather tricky to remove.

The quality of your wine could be the difference as member Bellclare advised. Plastic corks easy peasy but real, genuine cork can be temperamental at the best of times. So therefore some care and being gentle with real cork may work. If it doesn't you've wasted a nice drop as cork in wine, presence or champagne sends it "off". I'm never caught short as I keep 2 cork screws in the car, one in my picnic basket. Rarely will I try a screw top cap on wine even if being able to replace the lid is convenient, what is in the bottle must be good. You can call me a wine snob, guess I probably am, but I only like the best. Yes occasionally you can score a cheap bottle but it doesn't happen often.