This dad's aeroplane sleeping trick is breaking the internet

Travellers know it can be hard to get a good night’s rest when flying economy class. But one dad has come up with a very unusual aeroplane sleeping trick, and his 41-year-old daughter, Natalie Bright, shared this on social media!

In a viral video online, Natalie’s dad is seen snoozing under his family’s legroom space while their feet are perched up. The clip has gained more than 6.9 million views!

The video’s caption said: 'You have your airport dad. I have my Asian dad. More room for everybody.'

Needless to say, Natalie’s dad’s unusual trick caught the attention of viewers around the world.

Commenters have admired her dad’s trick, with some applauding him for finding comfort on the long flight.

One commenter said, ‘Genius.’

Another user wrote, ‘What? This is so smart, I have never thought of that.’

‘He’s having a blast,’ said another user.

FB resize 160.jpg
Natalie Bright’s dad shared this aeroplane sleeping trick that gained traction online. Credit: @bynataliebright / TikTok

However, others showed disdain for this trick, and they even questioned if it’s safe or sanitary.

One user commented, ‘Girl tell him to get up, it's just as bad the hospital floors.’

‘As a past flight attendant, you don't want to know what I have seen on those carpets,’ another added.

A third wrote, ‘Oh my lord good luck if there is severe turbulence. Supposed to be buckled if sleeping.’

‘Yeah this isn't allowed on the airline I work on unfortunately,’ said another commenter.

According to Budget Air, sleeping on the floor is unacceptable as it’s ‘unhygienic’ and ‘unsafe.’

Taylor Garland, Spokesperson for the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, said that aeroplane carpets are usually only vacuumed between flights. He added that aeroplane floors are only vacuumed when the turnaround time is long and if they have an upcoming overnight flight.

Flight attendants focus more on cleaning the seats, armchairs, and trays. So whenever you try to sleep on the aeroplane floor, you’ll probably get germs!

Beyond Natalie's dad's ground-breaking (or floor-breaking, as it might be) solution, there are other proven aeroplane sleeping tips and tricks that avid travellers swear by!

It’s ideal to bring a neck pillow with you whenever you travel. Neck pillows provide comfort during long flights, and they prevent instances of having stiff neck.

You can also bring your noise-cancelling headphones or earplugs on your flight. Using these can cancel out the engine noise, chatty seatmates, and other noises hindering your sleep.

If you really want to catch up on some rest during your flights, you may want to get some quality sleep at the airport.

Recently, a traveller shared some tips on how to sleep at the airport safely. You can read more about it here.

Key Takeaways

• New York-based social media personality Natalie Bright shared her dad's unique aeroplane sleeping hack online.
  • In the viral video, the dad is seen sleeping on the floor under their set of seats during a flight, a move that was hailed as 'genius' by some viewers.
  • However, some viewers questioned whether sleeping on an aeroplane floor was safe or sanitary.
  • According to Budget Air, sleeping on an aeroplane's floor is unacceptable because it's considered 'unhygienic' and 'unsafe’.

Would you ever take a snooze on the floor of an aeroplane? Have you ever seen anyone get away with it? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Reactions: BJM
Sponsored