This Canadian expat is going crazy over Australian fast food: 'They're so good!'

If you're anything like us here at the Seniors Discount Club, then you love a bit of fast food every now and then. It's not always the healthiest option - we have to admit - but sometimes you just need a greasy burger or some fried chicken to hit the spot!

Thankfully, there are plenty of fast food chains to choose from down here in Australia. KFC is one of our personal favourites, and it seems that we're not alone – even Canadian expats are big fans!

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 7.49.21 AM.png
Matt is a Canadian expat here in Australia, and he's currently staying in Brisbane. Credit: Instagram/jordsandmatty.

Matt Breedon is a Canadian man who moved to Brisbane in September with his Australian partner Jordan. The pair have been documenting the differences between their two cultures on TikTok, with Matt taking a starring role since arriving in Australia.

In their latest video, Matt decided to try some KFC for the first time since moving Down Under – and he was blown away by what he discovered! He was very impressed with the quality of the food on offer, describing it as 'unreal' and 'insane'.

He was particularly taken aback by the chicken nuggets, which are not available in Canada. He also raved about the hot chips (which he called 'fries', but we'll let him off), saying they were much better than anything he'd had back home.

'They're so good,' he said. 'The popcorn chicken has the batter from the KFC chicken tenders in Canada, it's so much better!'

Not only that, but he thought $30 for everything (four burgers, two large fries, popcorn chicken, and nuggets) was very reasonable!

Matt's not the only foreigner who's noticed the difference in quality between Australian fast food and those from abroad.

In May 2020, American woman Sophia, who now lives in Sydney, made a similar video claiming that fast food in Australia is 'so much better' than in the US.

She attributed this to the higher quality and freshness of the produce used in Australian restaurants.

Key Takeaways

• A Canadian man living in Australia is impressed with the quality of KFC food in Australia, describing it as 'unreal'.
  • Aussies have high standards for food quality, which may explain why fast food tastes better in Australia than in other countries.
This is something that we here at the Seniors Discount Club can definitely attest to – even though it's not always the healthiest option, you can usually trust that the food you're getting from an Australian restaurant is of a pretty high standard.

And while we're still on the topic of foreigners trying out Australian fast food, check out this video below from a few years back of Americans trying out Macca's. Spoiler alert: they loved most of it!

Credit: BuzzfeedVideo.

What do you think, members? Do you agree with Matt and Sophia (and the Americans in the clip)? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Sponsored
ok I'm confused this guy is saying the crap KFC here is better than the crap KFC in Canada? sigh, I initially thought he meant real fast food such as fish & chips and burgers from the small town family run business's . Next someone will praise Maccas as being able to make a real Hamburger

If you're anything like us here at the Seniors Discount Club, then you love a bit of fast food every now and then. It's not always the healthiest option - we have to admit - but sometimes you just need a greasy burger or some fried chicken to hit the spot!

Thankfully, there are plenty of fast food chains to choose from down here in Australia. KFC is one of our personal favourites, and it seems that we're not alone – even Canadian expats are big fans!

View attachment 9336
Matt is a Canadian expat here in Australia, and he's currently staying in Brisbane. Credit: Instagram/jordsandmatty.

Matt Breedon is a Canadian man who moved to Brisbane in September with his Australian partner Jordan. The pair have been documenting the differences between their two cultures on TikTok, with Matt taking a starring role since arriving in Australia.

In their latest video, Matt decided to try some KFC for the first time since moving Down Under – and he was blown away by what he discovered! He was very impressed with the quality of the food on offer, describing it as 'unreal' and 'insane'.

He was particularly taken aback by the chicken nuggets, which are not available in Canada. He also raved about the hot chips (which he called 'fries', but we'll let him off), saying they were much better than anything he'd had back home.

'They're so good,' he said. 'The popcorn chicken has the batter from the KFC chicken tenders in Canada, it's so much better!'

Not only that, but he thought $30 for everything (four burgers, two large fries, popcorn chicken, and nuggets) was very reasonable!

Matt's not the only foreigner who's noticed the difference in quality between Australian fast food and those from abroad.

In May 2020, American woman Sophia, who now lives in Sydney, made a similar video claiming that fast food in Australia is 'so much better' than in the US.

She attributed this to the higher quality and freshness of the produce used in Australian restaurants.

Key Takeaways

• A Canadian man living in Australia is impressed with the quality of KFC food in Australia, describing it as 'unreal'.
  • Aussies have high standards for food quality, which may explain why fast food tastes better in Australia than in other countries.
This is something that we here at the Seniors Discount Club can definitely attest to – even though it's not always the healthiest option, you can usually trust that the food you're getting from an Australian restaurant is of a pretty high standard.

And while we're still on the topic of foreigners trying out Australian fast food, check out this video below from a few years back of Americans trying out Macca's. Spoiler alert: they loved most of it!

Credit: BuzzfeedVideo.

What do you think, members? Do you agree with Matt and Sophia (and the Americans in the clip)? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

When I lived in NZ, I worked at the KFC in Rotorua, back then we used household pressure cookers and I remember one time the dopey manager thought it would be a good idea to cook off twenty pots of chicken to coincide with the buses arriving from Wellington and Auckland, unfortunately, there was hardly anyone on the buses and we were left with all the chicken, He asked me if I wanted to buy some to take home I think i put his nose out of joint when I said I had more respect for my insides, Then I told the girls to say that they didn't want to buy any chicken, with the result that it was either throw it out or give it away later when he found it was me behind it, he gave me the arse cheeky little sod, Here's me at the time twice as old if not more cheeky bastard, anyway I took a load of it home for the kids along with all the staff. But getting back on track after eating burgers all over the world i can say the best was from SAMS COFFEE POT on Geelong Footscray, although it's long gone now, I believe there are references to it in Wikipedia.

Reactions: Zoya
After living in the United States I can only say our take away food is much better.
If you do not like our Aussie take away food, don’t eat it.
It employs a lot of young peple, who because of age or lack of education would not get work experience, come down from your ivory tower.
Stinker.

Reactions: Defiant540