This $5 Coles bar clears shelves fast: 'It's a no-brainer'

When a new product is announced, shoppers often look at the buzz and see what it is about.

However, in the bustling aisles of Coles supermarkets, a new product caused quite a stir and left shelves bare since its release.

The culprit? A $5 protein bar.

However, this is not just any ordinary snack. It's the brainchild of Melbourne food blogger turned entrepreneur Nick Vavitis.

The blogger found his calling during the pandemic, as he started baking and launched his dessert brand ChocLt.

Fast forward three years, and his creations have conquered over 1000 Woolworths stores.

compressed-choclt.jpeg
Stocks of the Muscle Nation and ChocLt’s protein bars were cleared, with fans finding ways to buy at least one bar. Image Credit: Instagram/Nick Vavitis

It has also made a grand entrance into Coles thanks to a collaboration with the famous fitness brand Muscle Nation.

ChocLt's Caramel Cheesecake protein bar ($5) quickly became a sought-after item for those seeking a guilt-free treat that doesn't skimp on flavour.

Despite launching a few days ago, reports of it being a rare find have already surfaced, with many stores needing more stock.

Vavitis, who has over 100,000 followers on social media, is known among his fans as the 'caramel guy'.

'Those who have followed me from day one know the one thing I'm passionate about is cheesecake,' he shared. 'It's my favourite dessert, and nearly all my ChocLt desserts have some caramel base.'

The partnership between ChocLt and Muscle Nation is a testament to the power of Australian brands coming together to create something exciting and new.

Vavitis also believed that this collaboration was a full-circle moment for him, from being a fan of Muscle Nation to collaborating with its owners, Nathaniel Anthony and Chris Anastasi.

'My journey with the brand has led to a close friendship with Nathan and Chris. We've both been on a similar journey with our businesses, and coming together for this collaboration was seamless, and importantly excited us all to do it,' he said.

The success of the Muscle Nation X ChocLt protein bar is a 'pinch-me moment' for Vavitis, who reminisced about making a small batch of brownies in his kitchen.

Now, with his products in over 830 Coles stores, he expresses immense gratitude for the support that has made this growth possible.

Vavitis took to social media and thanked everyone for the incredible reception.

The social media response has been overwhelming, with fans reporting cleared shelves across Coles branches.

'Sounds so yum, but I haven't found one yet, I will keep trying,' one comment read.

'Got the last one in my local Coles today, can't wait to try it,' another wrote.

'I'm so determined to find at least one bar! I won't give up,' a third quipped.

The supermarket giant expressed excitement about the collaboration, confident that customers would love the addition of the new Muscle Nation range.

'The Muscle Nation range at Coles continues to grow in popularity, and while there are many crowd favourites—customers can't seem to get enough of the Cookie & Cream and White Choc Raspberry flavour protein bars,' a spokesperson said.

In previous news, ChocLt launched at Woolworths, and the response was similarly enthusiastic.

The first batch of ChocLt products included Caramel Biscuit Cheesecake Pie, Cookies and Cream brownie, and Red Velvet brownie ranged from $12 to $20.

It's clear that when it comes to combining the worlds of sweet treats and health-conscious snacking, Vavitis has found the perfect recipe for success.
Key Takeaways

• Melbourne food blogger Nick Vavitis launched the ChocLt protein bars in collaboration with Muscle Nation, available at Coles supermarkets.
  • Shoppers loved the new 'Caramel Cheesecake' protein bar, as shelves for the product cleared out quickly.
  • The product launch followed the success of Vavitis's baked goods in over 1000 Woolworths stores and marked another milestone for his brand.
  • Coles expressed excitement about the collaboration as Muscle Nation products continue to grow in popularity among their customers.
Have you gotten your hands on the ChocLt Caramel Cheesecake protein bar? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!

Reactions: BJM
Sponsored
hello, well, I do not have enough funds to do my nessessity groceries, let splash out on so called protein bars, just another ripp off, will wait until and see just how long they last.

Reactions: Macarj
I won't be buying them,,at $5 ea I could put that money to far better use

Reactions: DLHM