This $10 Kmart gem could be the ultimate game-changer for your summer woes!

As the Australian summer starts to sizzle, everyone is looking for ways to beat the heat and keep their cool.

Whether it's the scorching pavement, the sweat-soaked shirts, or the heat of a seat belt buckle, the season brings a unique set of challenges.

Fear not, because Kmart has come to the rescue with a nifty solution hailed as a 'game-changer' for the summer.

The Kmart Sun Reflection Umbrella ($10) is already making waves among shoppers looking for an effective way to keep their cars cool.

Unlike the traditional accordion-style sun shades, this product is designed to reflect heat with its UV-protected silver-coated cloth.

The beauty of this product lies in its simplicity and effectiveness.

compressed-car umbrella.jpeg
Kmart's Sun Reflection Umbrella fits most cars, protecting the interiors from intense heat. Image Credit: Kmart

It's easy to open, set up, and stow away, making it a practical addition to your car's summer arsenal.

The Sun Reflection Umbrella prevents leather seats and seat belt buckles from becoming scorching hazards.

It also helps protect the interior surfaces of your car from ageing due to sun exposure.

The Kmart Sun Reflection Umbrella recently garnered attention on social media.

Content creator Michael Jaimie showcased its use in a video he posted online.

'These are a lifesaver,' he shared, as it 'shoots out like an umbrella and blocks out your windscreen', offering a much-needed reprieve from the heat.

The response about the product has been positive.

'I bought mine when they first came out, and I love it so much,' one excitedly shared.

'Best thing I've ever done for the hot Perth summer,' another exclaimed.

'Off to Kmart I go,' a third shared.

However, it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Some superstitious shoppers expressed their hesitation in buying the product due to the old adage.

'No, I can't get over that it's opening an umbrella "inside",' a hesitant commenter wrote.

Other commenters started humorously debating whether a car counts as 'indoors', or if they could bring themselves to break the taboo.

Despite these superstitions, the benefits of the Sun Reflection Umbrella are hard to ignore.

It's a small investment for a significant improvement during the sweltering summer months.

Watch Michael Jaimie's video about the Kmart Sun Reflection Umbrella here:

Source: @michaeljaimie/TikTok

With the unpredictable Australian weather, it's wise to keep a versatile tool that can shield the sun's intense rays.

So, whether you're venturing out for a day at the beach, heading to a family barbecue, or running errands around town, consider grabbing Kmart's $10 Sun Umbrella.

It might be the ultimate game-changer for your summer woes—keeping you cool, comfortable, and burn-free.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart introduced a $10 Sun Reflection Umbrella to keep car interiors cool during hot summers.
  • The gadget is UV-protected and can reflect heat, preventing car seats and seat belt buckles from becoming hot.
  • The product went viral on social media, with users declaring it a 'game-changer' for summer car conditions.
  • Some shoppers were hesitant about the product due to superstitions about opening umbrellas indoors, which could bring bad luck.
Have you seen the Kmart Sun Reflection Umbrella? Perhaps you have other tricks up your sleeve to keep your cars cool during the hot season? Share your experiences and tips with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
They've been advertising one on TV but not so cheap as Kmart one by time you pay for postage.Eventually they come out in shops so cheaper than buying online

I bought one of these, I think from the post office a few years ago. Biggest load of rubbish! After using it I couldn’t touch the steering wheel it was so hot. It did absolutely northing to keep the car cool. Buyer beware