The Secret to Perfect Laundry Results for Less? These $1.50 Buys from Coles and Woolies!

Say goodbye to breaking the bank for clean clothes! No more forking over thirty bucks for a bottle of branded cleaners such as Dynamo or Omo.

And don't even get us started on the added expenses for those pesky tough stains and odours - additional detergents, fabric softeners, pre-wash treatments, the list goes on!

We've got some exciting news for you, house-proud Aussies, especially for our seniors who deserve to keep their hard-earned cash in their pockets.

Coles and Woolies have got our backs with some budget-friendly solutions that are not just wallet-friendly, but effective as well!

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 12.02.35 PM.png
Customers all around are praising the effectiveness and low cost of these cleaning products. Credit: Coles (left), Woolworths (right).

Coles has a two-litre bottle of Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh priced at an amazingly low $1.50. Woolies, on the other hand, stocks two-litre bottles of Clean Laundry Liquid Apple Splash, for the same price (but with a different scent profile).

So don't feel like you have to always go for the pricier, more well-known brands – these alternatives for a fraction of the cost are said to get your clothes sparkling without any hassle!

Homeowners and cleaning enthusiasts on social media are going wild over these wallet-friendly finds! The reviews are in and it's a resounding 'thumbs up' from all sides.

Some even shared that they've been using these budget cleaners for a while now and they're never going back to pricey brands.

Here's a quick comparison between Coles' Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh, Woolworths' Laundry Liquid Apple Splash, and Dynamo Professional 7 In 1 Laundry Liquid:

Coles' Laundry Liquid Lemon FreshWoolworths' Laundry Liquid Apple SplashDynamo Professional 7 In 1 Laundry Liquid
Price​
$1.50 per 2L ($0.75 per litre)$1.50 per 2L ($0.75 per litre)$10.00 per 900mL ($11.11 per 1L) (as of writing)
Reviews​
'I use Coles $1.50 one. I used to be the biggest brand snob with my washing stuff but am stoked with it.''I've used this for a while now as I was pleasantly surprised by how well it washes and smells, even with sensitive skin in the family. It's our regular now.''I use a third of the recommended dose, so it's pretty good value. They're pretty interchangeable- smell and performance- from what I can tell. The 7-in-1 comes in giant bottles to refill the smaller ones too.'
'The Coles own brand is better in my opinion. It's $1.50 for two litres.''Wouldn't have known about it or gotten to try it otherwise because I don't use liquid detergent. Clothes are clean with a faint apple scent. With the low price, it will replace my usual detergent when the latter runs out.''The stain removal is ok but I would never buy Dynamo because the scent is so horrible.'
'I can now report I won't ever go back to more expensive brands. I've got a baby, a toddler and a sweaty hard working husband, no issues at all. Clothes are clean and clothes smell clean.''This is a great, budget product! I love the smell although it isn't as strong as my regular product and I don't think it cleaned quite as well but for loads that only need a light wash or a quick hand wash, this is perfect. It's very economical, the bottle is easy to hold/pour and it does a decent job.''Despite its cleaning quality and economical use, I would never buy again because of its heavy scent. Far too heavily scented - I do not want all my clothes, sheets, towels smelling like a perfume factory.'
'Smells amazing and it washes my clothes well. I buy a lot of different types of laundry liquid and this Coles Brand washes just the same as the others.''I wasn't sure how well this would work given how cheap it was, and I am not a regular user of laundry liquid, but the clothes seemed clean and had a nice apple fragrance! Even my kids commented that they smelled like yummy apples.'CHOICE ranked this as one of the best-performing front-loader detergents, with a score of 84%.
'For the price it's great, it has a nice smell and gets clothes clean. I'd recommend it to anyone. It reminds me of Aura liquid that was around in the 1980/90s.'

Not only have plenty of consumers reported being satisfied with the economic buys when it comes to washing clothes in the machine, but they've also commented on how they work just as well in the hand-washing realm of laundry.

CHOICE, however, argued that Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh was one of the worst performing front loader detergents, saying: 'The Coles Lemon Fresh Laundry Liquid Hot and Cold Wash scored a measly 52% which isn't much better than plain water in our test.'
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths and Coles both offer affordable laundry liquid for $1.50 ($0.75 per litre).
  • Both Coles' Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh and Woolworths' Laundry Liquid Apple Splash may compete in performance with more expensive brands like Dynamo Professional 7 In 1 Laundry Liquid, which retails for $11.11 per litre.
  • These budget-friendly goods are generally well received, although some critics have pointed out that they do have some downsides.
When it comes to laundry detergents, people can be really picky – and for a good reason! After all, these products are going on your skin and clothes, so you want to make sure they're top-notch.

Many folks are all about natural, organic, and cruelty-free products that are gentle on both their skin and the environment. They're also keen on avoiding harsh fragrances and dyes, and they want a detergent that's as close to nature as possible.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 12.02.07 PM.png
When it comes to laundry detergents, consumers are discerning when it comes to the products they purchase. Credit: Pexels/PlanetCare.

But just because people want a product that's good for the planet doesn't mean they're sacrificing performance. Shoppers are also on the hunt for laundry detergents that give their clothes a deep clean, banish stains, and leave everything smelling fresh and fabulous.

And let's not forget about the most important factor: budget-friendliness! People want a laundry detergent that's kind to their wallets but still gives the same results as the expensive brands.

Well, we can hardly blame them – who wouldn't want to save some cash while still getting the job done?

So if you're looking for both a cheap and affordable alternative that really gets those clothes to look their best, members, stand in line for these $1.50 Coles and Woolies solutions.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 12.02.14 PM.png
When it comes to cleaning power and effectiveness, cheaper brands from Coles and Woolies are competing with more expensive ones. Credit: Pexels/Skitterphoto.

And while we're still on the topic of budget-friendly buys, another Woolies product is getting all the attention and it's making waves in the cleaning world. Just ask any busy mum, and they'll tell you that Woolworths' Shine Dishwashing Powder Concentrate is a total game-changer.

With glowing reviews and buzz everywhere, you won't want to miss out on the latest cleaning sensation. Click this link to read the full article and find out what all the fuss is about!

We hope you found this article helpful, folks! So will you be trying these affordable, but effective, cleaning buys?

Sponsored
If it works as good as the more expensive products then I will say how good it that.
I love a bargain but I can't help to wonder how good is it really. Does it have harsher or harmful ingredients in it.

A saying that most of the time is so accurate is ' You Pay For What You Get'

Maybe we need to compare ingredients 🤔

Laundry washing products are often reduced to half price or a marked down %.
I use Omo sensitive as it keeps my sensitive skin under control.
When it runs out, it often seems to be labelled half price at the time.
I must admit, I do get envious when people can use varying products for their skin.

Say goodbye to breaking the bank for clean clothes! No more forking over thirty bucks for a bottle of branded cleaners such as Dynamo or Omo.

And don't even get us started on the added expenses for those pesky tough stains and odours - additional detergents, fabric softeners, pre-wash treatments, the list goes on!

We've got some exciting news for you, house-proud Aussies, especially for our seniors who deserve to keep their hard-earned cash in their pockets.

Coles and Woolies have got our backs with some budget-friendly solutions that are not just wallet-friendly, but effective as well!

View attachment 12677
Customers all around are praising the effectiveness and low cost of these cleaning products. Credit: Coles (left), Woolworths (right).

Coles has a two-litre bottle of Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh priced at an amazingly low $1.50. Woolies, on the other hand, stocks two-litre bottles of Clean Laundry Liquid Apple Splash, for the same price (but with a different scent profile).

So don't feel like you have to always go for the pricier, more well-known brands – these alternatives for a fraction of the cost are said to get your clothes sparkling without any hassle!

Homeowners and cleaning enthusiasts on social media are going wild over these wallet-friendly finds! The reviews are in and it's a resounding 'thumbs up' from all sides.

Some even shared that they've been using these budget cleaners for a while now and they're never going back to pricey brands.

Here's a quick comparison between Coles' Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh, Woolworths' Laundry Liquid Apple Splash, and Dynamo Professional 7 In 1 Laundry Liquid:

Coles' Laundry Liquid Lemon FreshWoolworths' Laundry Liquid Apple SplashDynamo Professional 7 In 1 Laundry Liquid
Price​
$1.50 per 2L ($0.75 per litre)$1.50 per 2L ($0.75 per litre)$10.00 per 900mL ($11.11 per 1L) (as of writing)
Reviews​
'I use Coles $1.50 one. I used to be the biggest brand snob with my washing stuff but am stoked with it.''I've used this for a while now as I was pleasantly surprised by how well it washes and smells, even with sensitive skin in the family. It's our regular now.''I use a third of the recommended dose, so it's pretty good value. They're pretty interchangeable- smell and performance- from what I can tell. The 7-in-1 comes in giant bottles to refill the smaller ones too.'
'The Coles own brand is better in my opinion. It's $1.50 for two litres.''Wouldn't have known about it or gotten to try it otherwise because I don't use liquid detergent. Clothes are clean with a faint apple scent. With the low price, it will replace my usual detergent when the latter runs out.''The stain removal is ok but I would never buy Dynamo because the scent is so horrible.'
'I can now report I won't ever go back to more expensive brands. I've got a baby, a toddler and a sweaty hard working husband, no issues at all. Clothes are clean and clothes smell clean.''This is a great, budget product! I love the smell although it isn't as strong as my regular product and I don't think it cleaned quite as well but for loads that only need a light wash or a quick hand wash, this is perfect. It's very economical, the bottle is easy to hold/pour and it does a decent job.''Despite its cleaning quality and economical use, I would never buy again because of its heavy scent. Far too heavily scented - I do not want all my clothes, sheets, towels smelling like a perfume factory.'
'Smells amazing and it washes my clothes well. I buy a lot of different types of laundry liquid and this Coles Brand washes just the same as the others.''I wasn't sure how well this would work given how cheap it was, and I am not a regular user of laundry liquid, but the clothes seemed clean and had a nice apple fragrance! Even my kids commented that they smelled like yummy apples.'CHOICE ranked this as one of the best-performing front-loader detergents, with a score of 84%.
'For the price it's great, it has a nice smell and gets clothes clean. I'd recommend it to anyone. It reminds me of Aura liquid that was around in the 1980/90s.'

Not only have plenty of consumers reported being satisfied with the economic buys when it comes to washing clothes in the machine, but they've also commented on how they work just as well in the hand-washing realm of laundry.

CHOICE, however, argued that Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh was one of the worst performing front loader detergents, saying: 'The Coles Lemon Fresh Laundry Liquid Hot and Cold Wash scored a measly 52% which isn't much better than plain water in our test.'
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths and Coles both offer affordable laundry liquid for $1.50 ($0.75 per litre).
  • Both Coles' Laundry Liquid Lemon Fresh and Woolworths' Laundry Liquid Apple Splash may compete in performance with more expensive brands like Dynamo Professional 7 In 1 Laundry Liquid, which retails for $11.11 per litre.
  • These budget-friendly goods are generally well received, although some critics have pointed out that they do have some downsides.
When it comes to laundry detergents, people can be really picky – and for a good reason! After all, these products are going on your skin and clothes, so you want to make sure they're top-notch.

Many folks are all about natural, organic, and cruelty-free products that are gentle on both their skin and the environment. They're also keen on avoiding harsh fragrances and dyes, and they want a detergent that's as close to nature as possible.

View attachment 12679
When it comes to laundry detergents, consumers are discerning when it comes to the products they purchase. Credit: Pexels/PlanetCare.

But just because people want a product that's good for the planet doesn't mean they're sacrificing performance. Shoppers are also on the hunt for laundry detergents that give their clothes a deep clean, banish stains, and leave everything smelling fresh and fabulous.

And let's not forget about the most important factor: budget-friendliness! People want a laundry detergent that's kind to their wallets but still gives the same results as the expensive brands.

Well, we can hardly blame them – who wouldn't want to save some cash while still getting the job done?

So if you're looking for both a cheap and affordable alternative that really gets those clothes to look their best, members, stand in line for these $1.50 Coles and Woolies solutions.

View attachment 12678
When it comes to cleaning power and effectiveness, cheaper brands from Coles and Woolies are competing with more expensive ones. Credit: Pexels/Skitterphoto.

And while we're still on the topic of budget-friendly buys, another Woolies product is getting all the attention and it's making waves in the cleaning world. Just ask any busy mum, and they'll tell you that Woolworths' Shine Dishwashing Powder Concentrate is a total game-changer.

With glowing reviews and buzz everywhere, you won't want to miss out on the latest cleaning sensation. Click this link to read the full article and find out what all the fuss is about!

We hope you found this article helpful, folks! So will you be trying these affordable, but effective, cleaning buys?
An even cheaper option is to purchase ionic laundry balls. Initially yes, they are quite pricey (around $34 for two) but I've been getting wonderfully clean, soft laundry for over two years now (with the same two balls just put them in your washer with the clothes and set the dial). An added plus is that one doesn't have to put up with the unwanted perfumes so many manufactures seem to think everyone desires. So give them a try is my advice. Search online for them.

Reactions: Granny*Deb and RTS
I find Coles powder has no overpowering scent, only a slight lemony one which is hardly noticeable.

Reactions: RTS
Yes, I've tried the Coles powder and it still causes allergic reaction for me....I ONLY buy products with no scent at all, I find I get a much better sleep when I'm not gasping for air because of the scent emanating from my sheets, clothing etc etc etc

Reactions: Granny*Deb and RTS
An even cheaper option is to purchase ionic laundry balls. Initially yes, they are quite pricey (around $34 for two) but I've been getting wonderfully clean, soft laundry for over two years now (with the same two balls just put them in your washer with the clothes and set the dial). An added plus is that one doesn't have to put up with the unwanted perfumes so many manufactures seem to think everyone desires. So give them a try is my advice. Search online for them.
I'm going to get them. They sound good. Thankyou for sharing.

Reactions: Granny*Deb
I often disagree with Choice’s findings. Laboratory tests don’t equate to lived experience. If a $1.50 product works for you that’s great. If it doesn’t, then you’ve only lost $1.50. Worth a try, I’d say.

Hi - I use the Coles lemon fresh and sometimes alternate my wash with "washing soda" can be found in obscure places in laundry isle for $4 a bag ( 1kg) this not only cleans dirty clothes it cleans your washing machine as well - I also spray greasy patches and dirty patches with homemade spray consisting of 1 cup white vinegar and 3 - 4 squirts of dishwashing liquid, this mixture also cleans grease from barbecues and greasy stove tops, it cleans very well and does the job perfectly
For bad grease stains on clothes spray with white vinegar mix and sprinkle baking soda onto the area, fold article of clothing up, and leave to "soak" for an hour or two, (even overnight) put into the wash all folded up and the residue will all wash away with the stains- this solution does not take colour out of items, I have been using it for years

I only use Bio Zet eliminator and always get it on half price and it lasts for a very long time

Reactions: Penny4