The people have spoken: ALDI unveils shoppers’ 8 favourite products

ALDI has become a household name for savvy Australian shoppers who love a bargain without skimping on quality.

It's the go-to place for those who want to stretch their dollar further while still enjoying the finer things in life.

And now, thanks to the voices of over 300,000 ALDI enthusiasts, we have the inside scoop on the eight items that ALDI fans deem indispensable.

The ALDI People’s Picks for 2024 have been announced, and it's a mix of familiar favourites and exciting new finds.

This year's list is a testament to ALDI's commitment to offering convenience, high quality, and low prices.

With the introduction of two new categories—Best Newcomer and Certified Gold—the competition was fiercer than ever.

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 11.51.35 AM.png
ALDI revealed the top eight products shoppers can’t live without. Credit: ALDI

Each category featured 10 nominated items, and Australian ALDI shoppers cast their votes to crown the champions.

The Best Newcomer award went to a gourmet delight: Blackstone Gourmet Snack Co. Black Edition Deli Style Potato Chips Truffle & Olive Oil, retailing at $3.49.

ALDI’s shopping expert, Kylie Warnke, described these chips as the perfect 'boujee snack on a budget’.

The Certified Gold category was clinched by the Di-San Pre Wash Stain Remover 750ml, priced at just $2.09.

This product has proven its worth as a laundry staple, making it a must-have in every household.

Three products have made a repeat appearance on the list, proving their staying power. The Snackers Market Colby Cheese & Crackers four-pack, a steal at $3.99, was named the Lunchbox Legend, while the one-kilogram Di-San Laundry Soaker, priced at $3.49, was once again the Partner In Grime.

‘Another serial winner, the Seasons Pride Potato Gratin ($4.99), is holding onto its gold medal for another year,’ Warnke said.

‘As the ultimate Time-Lord option, the gratin is the best way to spruce up a lazy dinner, and considering a four-pack is only $4.99, its value stretches longer than the time it takes to cook.’

For the BBQ Boss category, the Marinated Lamb Leg Steaks with Rosemary and Mint, at $35.99 per kilogram, took the top spot.

These succulent steaks are perfect for impressing guests or treating yourself to a gourmet meal at home.

The Aussie Made Fave was awarded to Broad Oak Farms RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Bulk, priced at $12.99 per kilogram.

And let's not forget the socialite dish, the $8.99 Urban Eats Greek Spinach & Cheese Spanakopita.

This ready-meal was dubbed the supermarket’s 'best kept secret' in 2020, and it's easy to see why.

Sydney foodie @mernasfoodfomo raved about the Spanakopita, noting its ease of preparation and delicious taste.

‘Honestly this is ALDI’s best kept secret, I usually hoard boxes of this,” she said.

‘It’s beautiful, buttery and crunchy on the outside, and then you’ve got this gorgeous spinach and ricotta mix on the inside.’

‘It’s so fun to eat. Anyway, you’ll thank me, trust me, yum.’

Kylie Warnke emphasised that ALDI shoppers never have to choose between cost and convenience.

‘It’s always exciting to see what products get the tick of approval from our shoppers year after year and which ones win favour to jump onto the podium for the first time,’ she said.

‘Whether they are an old favourite or a newcomer, ALDI shoppers know they are guaranteed to find high-quality, family-favourite items at amazing prices on the winners list.’

‘This year, we’ve had some returning favourites come out on top once again, like the Seasons Pride Potato Gratin and the Di-San Laundry Soaker. ‘

Meanwhile, some debut items took the stand, like the Blackstone Gourmet Snack Co. Black Edition Deli Style Potato Chips Truffle & Olive Oil and the Ready, Set…Cook! Marinated Lamb Steaks,’ she added.
Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers have voted on the eight items from Aldi that they consider essential, based on a poll involving over 300,000 participants.
  • The People’s Picks awards for 2024 introduced two new categories, Best Newcomer and Certified Gold, won by Blackstone Gourmet Snack Co. Black Edition Deli Style Potato Chips Truffle & Olive Oil and Di-San Pre Wash Stain Remover respectively.
  • Several products made a repeat appearance on the list for both 2023 and 2024, highlighting their sustained popularity among Aldi customers.
  • Aldi’s approach to combining high-quality items at low prices continues to be successful, with winning products ranging from gourmet snacks to household cleaning agents to convenient meal solutions.
Have you tried any of these ALDI must-haves? Are they part of your regular shopping list? Share your thoughts and your own ALDI favourites in the comments below!

Sponsored
I‘ve tried to like Aldi but it’s just not for me. I always end up disappointed with what I buy. I still go in for a bit of a look occasionally but rarely buy anything.

I shop at Aldi every week but I have never heard of any efforts to gauge which is best. I think all ALDIs products are of good quality and compare admirably in price. But I don’t know where the results of these polls come from!!!