The healthy brownie recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth!

Who else loves brownies?

We’re sure that at some point, just about all of our members here at the SDC have indulged themselves in this delicious, delectable treat.

And we can't blame you, these gooey, chocolate-filled desserts are nothing short of irresistible.

While this treat may be a guilty pleasure for some of us, the dessert is, unfortunately, considered unhealthy due to its high-calorie, sugar-rich ingredients.

So, if you're anything like us and you enjoy wolfing down this decadent treat but are watching your sugar intake, then we have the perfect recipe for you!

Home cook Danielle Brown, better known by her username @healthygirlkitchen, has taken to TikTok to share her delicious, healthy brownie recipe.

"These are the healthiest brownies ever," she says at the start of the clip.

Credit: TikTok/@healthygirlkitchen

So, what exactly do you need to make this treat?

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups cooked sweet potato
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp (coconut, olive, macadamia)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling on top)

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a baking bowl.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a 9x9 baking pan lined with parchment.
  4. Top with more chocolate chips.
  5. Bake for 25-30 min
  6. Let cool for an hour.

Source: Instagram/@healthygirlkitchen

In the video, Danielle pours 1.5 cups of cooked, mashed sweet potato into a bowl before mixing in all the other ingredients such as almond butter, almond flour, cocoa, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

"The secret is to use sweet potato as a base," she emphasises.

Once the ingredients are well-combined, Danielle adds in dark chocolate chips and stirs them in.

She then lines a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper before pouring in the mixture and topping it with more chocolate chips.

Danielle then pops the brownies into an oven preheated at 180 degrees Celsius and bakes them for 25 to 30 minutes.

Finally, she takes the brownies out of the oven and lets them cool for an hour before serving.

"This turned out rich, fudgy, and you never know they're gluten-free, dairy-free and plant-based," she says at the end of the clip.

NBKLgeGuJCdEvBf-F2FhyF2eachJl29xw7r4j1-Jc4HkPSAEnHJVfpqulVHdV4cyyBqUEFA_R7TEbs-xsBOJypoSignJE9cUy3PWNuaJxX_M7g-lazXuEH74of6NWk1kVweG4mY
SzFpLQ9EiQ815VEERR245EWiNUqY-aTLEBfnG7ksJzwPZbO29BTylhHNIl_BWLTMxA4S4Pb-cwUlEsdcVN_bLOblXay4x3s4hb_1fpLIwhZjzFgPROegQaEAs1v_r2pv0QAphD0

The brownie recipe uses gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients. Credit: TikTok/@healthygirlkitchen.

It should be noted that while the recipe does not use gluten-containing ingredients, those of you who have gluten-containing baking soda, baking powder, or flour sitting on your kitchen tops may substitute or tweak some of the ingredients for this recipe as long as you make sure that these ingredients do not pose health risks to you (e.g. those suffering from the coeliac disease should only use gluten-free products such as oat flour, rice flour, and tapioca flour).

Additionally, you can also use other types of oil and nut butter for this recipe. Danielle suggests using coconut oil and macadamia oil as a substitute for olive oil, while peanut butter can also be a good alternative for almond butter.

For those of you who are diabetics, it is also advised to substitute maple syrup with dates — for this recipe, you may use 1 cup of dates instead of ½ cup of maple syrup.

L5X91KNoTB3uA9vYuNUqFTU0Xz52TkV2b1qK6NSC7kYm_oLlqO8JjR1QcoX6JrIxsls3VdXyRjlScKL9qEuCgZwEocYq27M1yh7u0DrbWkQTdSIOfkBve9zr4w6de167SlKZMiw

The recipe can also be tweaked based on the available ingredients in your kitchen. Credit: TikTok/@healthygirlkitchen.

The video became an instant hit, garnering more than 627,000 views and hundreds of comments from TikTok users and food enthusiasts alike.

One person wrote: "Omg I love this!"

"Those look so amazing," another quipped.

A third chimed in: "I'm soooo making this thank you!"

Others said that you can substitute sweet potatoes with pumpkins instead.

One comment read: "I make brownies super similar to this, just pumpkin instead of sweet potato. So good!"

"I do get a vague pumpkin taste from mine (maybe more so because I know what's in it), but chocolate is definitely the dominant taste."

So, there you have it, folks! We might give this one a go and tell you our thoughts in the comments.

How about you? Are you looking forward to trying this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I know that I'm out of step with about 99.9% of the population but I don't like chocolate brownies, or pudding or really chocolate flavoured anything other than bars of chocolate!:eek:;):rolleyes::giggle: