The future of the Royal Family is in Kate Middleton’s hands, says former royal staffer

Following news of Prince Andrew’s ongoing sexual assault lawsuit, and Prince Harry’s upcoming launch of his tell-all memoir, a former royal staffer says the Royal Family is desperately needing ‘conventional performers’, and Kate Middleton may just be up for the job.

MABlSRFJY_DMmSuolgjpBNi-W0aSb1KQIjqjMB50_F-7xCNtqUZBQ2SlcDA-KqZWoEyf2a7M3shcms3Impe0vOKg0GF5F5MDpYf38PQPj8MtVvDsVbwJpFOtOJnFZF0kUYjoF_zI

A royal insider claims Kate is the only hope for the monarchy. Credit: Chris Jackson - Pool/Getty Images.

The Royal Family is heading into a difficult year, according to Patrick Jephson, who worked as a former royal chief of staff for Diana, Princess of Wales.

According to Mr Jephson’s knowledge about the royals, they are currently counting on Kate Middleton to save the Royal Family’s reputation amid the ongoing (and impending) controversies.

Admittedly, the biggest scandal the monarchy is facing at the moment is Prince Andrew’s alleged sexual harassment case, filed by Virginia Giuffre.

“As the Prince Andrew scandal shows, the monarchy is in desperate need of reassuringly conventional royal performers,” Jephson told the New York Post.

“Catherine is just what these troubled royal times need — it’s no exaggeration that the Windsors’ future lies in her hands.”

This led to the Queen stripping Prince Andrew of his royal patronages and military titles, which would leave him to fight the lawsuit in America as a private citizen.

The prince may retain his title HRH, but he cannot use it in any official capacity.

Another source of concern for the Royal Family is the launch of Prince Harry’s memoir, which is set to hit the shelves this year.

Ever since Megxit – Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s exit from their royal duties – the prince has been vocal about the ‘total neglect’ he experienced from the royal family, and he promised to write an ‘accurate and wholly truthful’ account of his life in the upcoming book.

Royal expert and biographer Katie Nicholls noted that the Queen ‘hugely values’ the work that Kate Middleton has done for the Royal Family, and will be relying on her ‘more than ever’.

The 40-year-old duchess officially entered royal life when she married Prince William in 2011. She will be Princess of Wales when her father-in-law, Prince Charles, becomes king.

Insiders are saying that some senior royals and a team of advisers are working behind the scenes to shape Kate’s lasting legacy on the public.

On January 9, the Duchess of Cambridge celebrated her 40th birthday together with her family.

Curious as to what will happen once Kate becomes Queen? Watch this video below to find out!

Credit: TheThings Celebrity.

Reactions: Goodbloke and Ricci
Sponsored
I really love the Queen and her values and how she has conducted herself as monarch. However, the royals seem to live to ripe old ages and in my humble opinion believe they should have a retirement date where the next generation takes over. Too much for an old lady almost 96 and having done the job full time in the public eye for 70 years. May God bless her.

I really love the Queen and her values and how she has conducted herself as monarch. However, the royals seem to live to ripe old ages and in my humble opinion believe they should have a retirement date where the next generation takes over. Too much for an old lady almost 96 and having done the job full time in the public eye for 70 years. May God bless her.
I think..like Queen Victoria (who didn't have much faith in her son Bertie...) the keep going, hoping he will mature and be able to step up when she dies.... but I think that Charles might take on the role and then be the one that retires and let's William take over... its a really different age now, things are changing at such a rapid pace, personally I don't know how the Queen keeps as 'up with it' as she does, even with all her aides....I don't think I could do it!