The delicious, healthy pasta recipe that uses SECRET affordable ingredients — “Pasta night just got levelled up big time!”

When it comes to eating healthy, the number one advice that most of us hear is to eat more vegetables.

While it could be a great piece of advice — since veggies are packed with vitamins and minerals, low in calories, and can help you keep your overall well being in check — it can be hard to get your veggie intake right if you are a picky eater.

So, if you are looking to sneak more vegetables into your diet or are just looking to enjoy a delicious dinner, we’ve got a great recipe to share with you!

This Veggie Coconut Milk Pasta recipe is a delicious way to incorporate healthy food into your diet. The sauce is packed with flavour and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.

SwHyC68bzf9yIEykEVNs-thtXDi5lI7VtRXWAuTBRv4Yu7fDckOASSHN0QNjrgITNMVv1zx_-oJDOhfOHM_MDL2nl9-wI-6I70SijwRqexRhrNRBuuBxlz44QlTie0pR1KjvNRQ

The veggie coconut milk pasta includes “hidden” veggies in its sauce. Credit: Instagram/@goodnessavenue.

The best part is it uses affordable ingredients, allowing savvy shoppers like us to enjoy the dish without spending big bucks!

Trust me, this dish is so delicious that you'll be making it on a regular basis.

So, are you ready to find out how this delicious pasta is prepared?

Sydney nutritionist Caitline Rule has taken to Instagram to share the irresistible pasta recipe, encouraging users to try incorporating healthy food into their diets.

Credit: Instagram/@goodnessavenue

The nutritionist said in the video: “We're making my veggie coconut milk pasta sauce because guess what? It's an easy way to sneak in more vegetables and preparing this sauce does the trick for me.”

The first step to prepare this dish is to chop all of the veggies. The size of the parcels doesn’t matter since you will be blending the ingredients later to make the sauce, so feel free to cut the vegetables however you like. Keep in mind, however, that small pieces are easier to blend.

Next, cook the vegetables in a pot with oregano or Italian mix, salt, water, and coconut milk. You may add chilli flakes into the pot if you’re looking to add an extra kick to the dish.

Bring the sauce to a simmer before turning off the stove to let it cool.

Once the sauce is cool enough to be placed into your blender, blend the sauce until well-combined.

Then, cook your pasta of choice.

Once the pasta is ready, transfer the noodles into a mixing bowl and pour in the sauce before mixing them together.

Finally, garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve and enjoy!

“Trust me, it's so delicious!” Caitlin exclaimed at the end of the video.

Aea2StLi2nxwML708imADoMZzjQA9dj-LKW-2ftoREljJPoiszLjAFIBbkXhpqedVYlVpr3CxFK4WDsDd4pUVMhCBHBcKcwStnqroOOz2Epdk2761evAVZL7_o8d-W-dgZm72pM
bS8H2nCtqi0-sH_nXeYOLsCHfbflGhMr6fXR9OhEQpzyYll8E9CTWIxlXxHWv6JbiMCv92bzdxRpTQYfyDP1GJOHAifuhagKTTvgx5--JLGzmqV6U4yenunz898IvO0A46XF8a8

The sauce was blended, making it thick and creamy. Credit: Instagram/@goodnessavenue.

Veggie Coconut Milk Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion
  • 1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 4 carrots
  • Oregano or Italian dried mixed herbs
  • Salt
  • Coconut milk (1 can or 400ml)
  • Pasta of your choice
  • Chilli flakes (optional)
  • Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish (optional)

Method:
  1. Chop vegetables.
  2. Cook in a pot with oregano or Italian mix, salt, water, and coconut milk. Optional: Add chilli flakes to make it spicy.
  3. Bring to a simmer before cooling down.
  4. Blend everything up.
  5. Cook pasta. Drain once cooked.
  6. Mix pasta with sauce in a bowl.
  7. Garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!

Source: Instagram/@goodnessavenue

The video has gone viral on Instagram, amassing more than 38,000 likes and hundreds of comments from astounded users who were raving over the simple recipe.

One person wrote: “Looks sooooo creamy and dreamy! Love all those yummy veggies in here!”

“I love a hidden veggie recipe,” another added.

A third chimed in: “Okay, pasta night just got levelled up big time!”

We must admit that we’re excited to try this recipe ourselves. How about you? Are you looking forward to trying this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
As I love my veggies and I don't know any picky eaters I think I'd miss out the blending together part (or at least leave it with some chunks). I'd also include any veggies I had laying around!!:)