The cult-favourite bakery treat Aussies can't resist is back—find it here!

There's a certain kind of excitement that only comes when a beloved product makes its grand return to supermarket shelves.

It's the kind of buzz that has shoppers flocking to their local supermarkets, wallets ready for a taste of nostalgia.

This week, that buzz is about the return of a cult bakery item that has divided the nation.

Imagine the lovechild of a crumpet and a slice of toast—that's the Tip Top Golden Crumpet Toast for you.

It has the iconic taste of a crumpet, with its subtle yeasty flavour and delightful nooks and crannies perfect for capturing melted butter and drizzles of honey.

It also boasts the convenience and texture of toast, being crunchy on the outside and deliciously soft and spongy in the middle.

It's a canvas for all your favourite toppings, from the classic butter and honey combo to more adventurous spreads and savouries.

compressed-5_20240408_080950_0004.jpeg
Tip Top Golden Crumpet Toast is hitting the shelves after disappearing from retail in 2020. Image Credits: Woolworths, TikTok/@nectoriouspapi

The last time Aussies saw Crumpet Toast on supermarket shelves was in 2020, after a triumphant return following a decade-long absence.

Its comeback was met with fanfare from breakfast enthusiasts across the country. And now, it's back again, with social media influencers and food lovers alike spreading the word.

‘Crumpet Toast is back!' one comment exclaimed out of excitement.

However, not everyone is celebrating.

The return of Crumpet Toast has sparked a debate, not for its taste, but for the price.

At $7 a pack, shoppers are outraged, calling the price tag a 'joke'.

They argue that the cost is too steep for a hybrid of two staple breakfast items.

'Not tasty enough to pay that price. I prefer normal crumpets,' one critic pointed out.

'Don’t think it was $7 last time,' another said.

Despite the price point, undeterred fans are thrilled to see Crumpet Toast back on the menu.

'Oooh I love crumpet toast!!' an enthusiastic fan shared.

'It’s back??? Yay,' another agreed, ready to indulge in, regardless of the cost.

The conversation has even sparked a call to action for other fan-favourite products to make a comeback.

'They need the scone toast back,' one comment read.

Another voiced a preference for a cinnamon variant over the plain Crumpet Toast.

The return of Crumpet Toast has indeed stirred up a mix of emotions among Aussie shoppers.

Some are ready to embrace the return of their beloved breakfast with open arms and wallets, while others are holding out for a price drop or the return of other nostalgic favourites.
Key Takeaways

• Tip Top Golden Crumpet Toast has returned to supermarkets after lasty being spotted in 2020.
  • The Crumpet Toast is beloved for its hybrid texture, combining the sponginess of a crumpet with the slice form of toast.
  • The product’s return has sparked a divide among shoppers, with some expressing joy while others are shocked over the $7 price point.
  • Social media users are sharing their reactions, with some even calling for the return of other discontinued bakery items
Will you be joining the Crumpet Toast craze? What other discontinued products would you like to come back? Share your thoughts and memories in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
Never heard of it.How can toast bread be like crumpets ?. Too expensive.
l would like to see Pauls dessert whip brought back.

at these prices this is another product that is easily made at homes think people are going to get back to home cooking ,it definitely pays...sooner than later we're going to get back to proper home cooking ,it will be worth it ,, we need to change with the times

at these prices this is another product that is easily made at homes think people are going to get back to home cooking ,it definitely pays...sooner than later we're going to get back to proper home cooking ,it will be worth it ,, we need to change with the times
I’ve never stopped doing proper home cooking.😊

I don't have a problem with the price or the item - just won't buy it! What I do have a problem with is calling this and other inanimate objects "beloved".

Reactions: Kman
Cult item ????
It is crumpets in the shape of bread.
Don't even care enough to try it.
I'm an old fashioned gal who has round crumpets, toasted and topped with honey.
I'll give the CULT crumpet a wide berth...and...$7 ....they are dreaming.

Absolutely love this. I buy a loaf & put into the freezer. For breakfast just add strawberry jam. I am sure it cost about $6 back in 2020 so the price hasn't increased that much.