The Block star reveals a $30 hack that transformed her kitchen sink!

We all know how tough it can be to keep our homes organised, especially when it comes to our kitchen drawers and cupboards.

We all have so many different items that need storing, but with the limited space, it can be difficult to know where to put everything.

The Block star Sarah-Jane Clarke, who knows a thing or two about the realities of keeping her house clean, shared her organisational hack using a $30 Kmart find.

Sharing her hack on the popular social media site Instagram, the reality star began by showing her fans an array of cleaning products strewn about under the kitchen sink.

Then, she explained that she had ‘the best time’ the night before without her husband Tom and their daughter Cleo around.

‘Last night, the best. I got so lit, I cleaned out everything under my kitchen sink,’ she said.

sarah1.jpg
Sarah-Jane’s kitchen sink before the ‘hack’. Credit: sarahjane91__/Instagram

‘Is there any better feeling than organising a drawer, cupboard, or shelf? No there isn’t,’ she captioned her post.

The reality star added that she spent $30 on containers from Kmart and remarked how ‘every cent was worth it’.

‘This area now brings me peace when it used to make me crazy. I needed to share my happiness with everyone,’ she added.

In the video, Sarah-Jane stacked two large baskets and clear storage boxes from Kmart on her kitchen bench. Then, she placed her cleaning products inside the containers. After that, she placed them under the sink.

With every product now within reach, it definitely makes cleaning less of a chore.

sarah2.jpg
This is how Sarah-Jane organised the cleaning tools underneath her kitchen sink. Credit: sarahjane91__/Instagram

Sarah-Jane’s fans flocked to the comments to share their thoughts about the hack and to praise the star for the wonderful suggestion.

‘This is seriously what I do when my partner and bub aren’t here. I have the best time reorganising and cleaning stuff that doesn’t get cleaned often,’ one shared.

Another said: ‘Now you’re speaking my language! I love organising.’ While another commented that what Sarah did was ‘perfection’.

‘Yours looks just like mine in the before, even the same products! I should do this,’ they added.

‘Love a good clean out, decluttering and reorganising,’ one more proclaimed.

‘I’m an organisation queen. I love this for you,’ another fan wrote.

This hack comes after the advice of another Kmart shopper, who took the initiative to find a storage solution for the excessive clutter under their sink. The only difference is that this shopper used wooden boxes instead of plastic containers.

And while wood looks aesthetically pleasing, this hack did open up the conversation about mould and how it grows in wet or humid areas. More details about this story can be read here.

On the other hand, frequent use of plastic containers may lead to increased risks of illnesses, such as cancer. This is according to a couple of health experts, who have warned about the use of ‘plastic chemicals’ and their ability to alter an individual’s DNA. Granted, the dangers are more prominent when you eat food that’s stored in plastic containers. However, it’s always good to know the health implications of plastic – which you can read more about here.

Now, when it comes to cleaning and decluttering, most (if not all) have a hard time finding the willpower to grab that duster or sponge. However, with a little bit of planning and organisation, cleaning can become a much easier and less off-putting task.

Here are some practical tips for anyone struggling to get on top of their decluttering tasks:

First, create dedicated zones for specific tasks and store items according to their purpose. For example, designate a space for family members to put away their belongings, a spot for arts and crafts, and a games section. This helps minimise clutter and gives everyone in the household something to work towards while they tidy up.

Next, work on purging the items you no longer need. If something hasn't been used in a while and you can't remember why you kept it, it's probably best to get rid of it. Any items that can't be donated can be recycled, upcycled, or disposed of properly.

Then, organise cleaning supplies, like sponges, cloths and disinfectants, in an easily accessible place so that they can be grabbed quickly when needed. Divide regular cleaning tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks and assign each family member their own task.

Finally, don’t forget to take care of yourself. Having a messy house can cause extra stress and anxiety, so it’s important to practise self-care: take regular breaks and enjoy your newly cleared space without feeling guilty.
Key Takeaways
  • The Block star Sarah-Jane has wowed her followers after sharing her organisational hack using a $30 Kmart purchase.
  • She organised her cleaning products into various Kmart containers and placed them neatly under the kitchen sink.
  • Fans praised Sarah-Jane for her organisational ‘hack'.
What can you say about this cleaning hack, members? Are you keen on trying it out? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored