The best scone recipe ever - Blueberry scones

Ingredients:
3 cups s/r flour
125 g fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons icing sugar
50gm butter cold & diced finely
310 ml cold milk

Method:
preheat oven to 180 deg (160 fan forced)
sift flour & icing sugar into bowl
rub butter into flour mixture until it represents bread crumbs,
fold through blueberries
make a well & pour milk in, mix together gently with a flat bladed knife, when combined put onto floured surface, knead very gently, don’t over mix, it will make the scones tough.
once you have kneaded it out push gently out to 2-3 cms thickness (sometimes, I make them thicker - they turn out fantastic & I add 2 more mins cooking time because of the thickness) cut out scones with scone cutter or a glass,
line a baking tray with baking paper or spray with oil.
place scones in tray, close together so they support eachother while cooking.
‘brush lightly with milk.
cook for 12-15 minutes, tap the scones if they sound hollow, they’re cooked.
serve warm with berry jam & cream (or any other topping you like)

I’ve made these scones countless times &they never let me down, they’re quite light & fluffy. Enjoy !! 😊

Sponsored
I love scones and I will make these in 7 weeks after my daughters wedding. I'm on something called a diet

Have you ever made these without the blueberries, I love plain scones or date scones

Reactions: Shez01
I love scones and I will make these in 7 weeks after my daughters wedding. I'm on something called a diet

Have you ever made these without the blueberries, I love plain scones or date scones
No, I’ve only made them with blueberries, I’ve been thinking about using Raspberries, never thought about dates, I think you’d have to chop the dates up finely, they might be a little ‘heavy’ for this mixture, let me k ow if you try them with the dates :)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
No, I’ve only made them with blueberries, I’ve been thinking about using Raspberries, never thought about dates, I think you’d have to chop the dates up finely, they might be a little ‘heavy’ for this mixture, let me k ow if you try them with the dates :)
I will , a really nice recipe 😋