The “game-changing”, 3-ingredient pickled onions recipe that everyone is raving about!

Are you looking to step up your toast-making game?

Adding pickled onions to your morning toast or sandwiches, in general, can add up a little kick to the flavour of your meal.

The tangy, savoury flavour of the preserved onions perfectly complements the taste of the ingredients, which bursts into your mouth with every bite.

It should also be noted that onions are a good source of vital nutrients such as vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, and potassium, which help your body stay healthy and energised throughout the day.

While the product is widely available in the stores of various retailers, did you know that you can easily make one of your own using simple ingredients?

Instagram user Fanny, better known for her username @fitfan_, has shared a 3-ingredient recipe for making the irresistible product.

Credit: Instagram/@fitfan_

And yes, folks, no need to take a double look! The recipe only calls for the use of 3 simple ingredients that most probably are just sitting in your kitchen cupboard.

So, what exactly are the three ingredients that you need?

According to Fanny, you'll only be needing 1 large red onion, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup of warm water to prepare the pickles.

For those of you who are looking to add a bit more flavour to your pickles, she suggested adding two optional ingredients — juice of half lemon and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.

The process for making these is also hassle-free!

The first step is to peel and slice the onions crosswise before adding them into a sterilised jar.

Next, pour the wet ingredients into the jar and cover it with its lid.

Finally, shake the mixture and let it rest before serving it on your toast.

LZZg3hxnG0-DQn_qdR9URC22Kg-azcQroFwu5cFpE1A2Bas-L_c0Kfj9pu1PyTnpEUQfzrN6Jcvl1awMwSsJPswLKi62gUS38heZyzrAxCcI1ZG6Cu3GfPxvI8xawpOP13Tm1_g

Pickled onions are delicious relishes that can spice up your meals. Credit: Muy Delish.

The video has gone viral, amassing more than 600 likes and comments from users who are excited over the delicacy.

One user wrote: "Omg I never knew these were so easy. Thanks for the recipe - saved!"

"Oh my gosh yes! I’m seriously so in love with pickled onions!" another exclaimed.

A third chimed in: "Pickled onions on avo toast is such a game-changer!"

How about you? Are you looking forward to trying this delicious condiment? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
The “game-changing”, 3-ingredient pickled onions recipe that everyone is raving about!

Are you looking to step up your toast-making game?

Adding pickled onions to your morning toast or sandwiches, in general, can add up a little kick to the flavour of your meal.

The tangy, savoury flavour of the preserved onions perfectly complements the taste of the ingredients, which bursts into your mouth with every bite.

It should also be noted that onions are a good source of vital nutrients such as vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, and potassium, which help your body stay healthy and energised throughout the day.

While the product is widely available in the stores of various retailers, did you know that you can easily make one of your own using simple ingredients?

Instagram user Fanny, better known for her username @fitfan_, has shared a 3-ingredient recipe for making the irresistible product.

Credit: Instagram/@fitfan_

And yes, folks, no need to take a double look! The recipe only calls for the use of 3 simple ingredients that most probably are just sitting in your kitchen cupboard.

So, what exactly are the three ingredients that you need?

According to Fanny, you'll only be needing 1 large red onion, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup of warm water to prepare the pickles.

For those of you who are looking to add a bit more flavour to your pickles, she suggested adding two optional ingredients — juice of half lemon and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.

The process for making these is also hassle-free!

The first step is to peel and slice the onions crosswise before adding them into a sterilised jar.

Next, pour the wet ingredients into the jar and cover it with its lid.

Finally, shake the mixture and let it rest before serving it on your toast.

LZZg3hxnG0-DQn_qdR9URC22Kg-azcQroFwu5cFpE1A2Bas-L_c0Kfj9pu1PyTnpEUQfzrN6Jcvl1awMwSsJPswLKi62gUS38heZyzrAxCcI1ZG6Cu3GfPxvI8xawpOP13Tm1_g

Pickled onions are delicious relishes that can spice up your meals. Credit: Muy Delish.

The video has gone viral, amassing more than 600 likes and comments from users who are excited over the delicacy.

One user wrote: "Omg I never knew these were so easy. Thanks for the recipe - saved!"

"Oh my gosh yes! I’m seriously so in love with pickled onions!" another exclaimed.

A third chimed in: "Pickled onions on avo toast is such a game-changer!"

How about you? Are you looking forward to trying this delicious condiment? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Have been pickling onions like that for years! They keep in the fridge for months!

Reactions: Ricci
I make those all the time. They go with so many things, but I don’t think I could cope with them by themselves on toast! 😀

Reactions: Ricci