Esdee22

Jul 1, 2023
Thanks for having me

Good morning, I am Sarah, gracefully embracing my Autumn years. My partner and I have 2 daughters with 14 years between them so we still have a 17yo at home and at school. Not sure if having a teen as you hit 60 keeps you young or ages you faster, but I know all the latest tunes and artists.
We are avid footy fans of 1 of the Adelaide teams although we live in Central Victoria taking in the serenity of the countryside and the problems that the logistics of doing so brings. We have aging parents/step parents (92, 85 and 80) and a 2yo grandbaby. Life never stops throwing us challenges.
I never thought that we would still be living pay to pay as we approached retirement age but thats the way my life is. We are self employed and finding work hard to come by, even having 3 months of self funded unemployment wiping out our savings. Being in Victoria I have become eligible for the Seniors business discount card, so I am looking forward to the next time I take the 17yo to McDonalds so I can buy a burger and get a free coffee.
Through the aches and pains of a strenuous life, I carry on regardless, life is to be lived, this is not, as they say, a dress rehearsal. My motto is "no regrets" as life is way too short to lament lost chances or wish that you'd done something differently.
Thanks for the fun and the info, its much appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Thanks for having me

Good morning, I am Sarah, gracefully embracing my Autumn years. My partner and I have 2 daughters with 14 years between them so we still have a 17yo at home and at school. Not sure if having a teen as you hit 60 keeps you young or ages you faster, but I know all the latest tunes and artists.
We are avid footy fans of 1 of the Adelaide teams although we live in Central Victoria taking in the serenity of the countryside and the problems that the logistics of doing so brings. We have aging parents/step parents (92, 85 and 80) and a 2yo grandbaby. Life never stops throwing us challenges.
I never thought that we would still be living pay to pay as we approached retirement age but thats the way my life is. We are self employed and finding work hard to come by, even having 3 months of self funded unemployment wiping out our savings. Being in Victoria I have become eligible for the Seniors business discount card, so I am looking forward to the next time I take the 17yo to McDonalds so I can buy a burger and get a free coffee.
Through the aches and pains of a strenuous life, I carry on regardless, life is to be lived, this is not, as they say, a dress rehearsal. My motto is "no regrets" as life is way too short to lament lost chances or wish that you'd done something differently.
Thanks for the fun and the info, its much appreciated.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this introduction and would loooove to be friends with you, @Esdee22! Welcome aboard :) You seem like such a fun and kind soul. It really is an honour having you as a part of our community. Thank you for sharing a few things about yourself with us!