SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
S

saundy

Sep 6, 2021
Telstra

I was a Telstra customer for well over 20 years, A couple of years ago I set up direct debit to make it easier for myself (or so I thought). A few times for some reason the payment has not gone through, so Telstra cuts my internet off in the middle of the night without notice needless to say I am not a happy person, I do not no payment was not made until I am informed.
Each night this has happened I am to go to a Telstra shop to pay the account. My closest Telstra shop is 60 kilometres away which means I have to go 60 kilometres pay the account then I get told it can be up to 3 days to be reconnect, which I strongly object to.
This has happened to me several times last month it happened again so I went to the Telstra shop paid the account I informed them that this will be the last time this happens. The issue here is they don't answer the phone sometimes and you call and call
no answer, and when you get to the Telstra shop you are asked if you have a appointment to which I reply no because nobody answers the phone, I was told go to the counter and pay the account.

I came home called Telstra complaint line and I explained what was happening I was informed that there is no need to make a appointment for any Telstra shop in Australia I replied the they will not serve you without a appointment give them the phone number told them to call as see what happens I also cancelled my broadband Internet service on the spot told them I am sick of being cut off that I should be notified if the payment does not go through so I will fix it on the spot.

Since then I have changed phone carrier as well as broadband carrier, The joke is 1 is a lot cheaper 2 I am still using Telstra equipment and not pay Telstra and money. Karma.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else has had any similar experiences