maxesmum

Dec 24, 2021
Tasering a granny

Even though I’ve read this again and again on different news reports I simply CANNOT see any reason for the level of force used against a 95 year old woman suffering from dementia,supported by a Walker and brandishing,in her other hand,a steak knife. Am I missing something here? Did she momentarily turn into the Hulk and that’s why two able bodied police officers tasered her? This is just shocking to me. I’m all for the police. I think they do a fabulous job under lousy conditions from a thankless public. I wouldn’t be a police officer for quids. But this? This is awful. There is simply no defending this.
I hope these two officers are sacked. They clearly can’t sum up a situation and deal with it properly and my prayers go out to the family of that poor poor woman.

Reactions: Wandiwa
Adding to the above, apparently she weighed 43kg. Very very frail. I also agree cops normally do a great job.

Reactions: maxesmum
Adding to the above, apparently she weighed 43kg. Very very frail. I also agree cops normally do a great job. So very sad. They could have rushed her….approached from two different directions. This is a confused,frail old lady! Anything is better than brute force.